E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > New Owner in Whitby - confused.

09-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
Prospector
Prospector
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i Touring

New Owner in Whitby - confused.

Hey folks,

I just picked up me new-to-me 328i-Touring 3 weeks ago, and then promptly went out of country until yesterday and forgot absolutely everything the folks at BMW in Markham walked through with me.

Is there any kind of a meetup or something in Durham where I could annoy people with dumb questions (like can I get the nav to show speed, how do I get all the windows to go UP at once, how can I reprogram the ICE to be my name instead of the previous owner, etc. etc.) - I have no owner's manual, and YouTube isn't hitting all the right buttons for me. (It would be embarrassing to admit how long it took to figure out to just grab the handle to unlock the doors).

Also, the BMW connect app seems crap. It can't even locate the car. Is this a problem with a setting in the car, or with my phone, or with the app?

Anyway, if anyone is around and familiar with all the ins and out of the systems on this machine - or if there is a meetup of some kind, when and where does it happen?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 01:54 AM   #2
Smok-e90
Registered
Rep
Drives: 06 325I

pm'd
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 06:56 AM   #3
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
I can't help you with most of those questions as I don't have idrive, but if you're on Facebook there are a couple of groups worth joining that are TO based, and it's Durham based sub-chapter.

Bmw True North
Bmw True North POWA
(Pickering, Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax)

The main group has many posts but can get feisty... but their meets and events are always full of nice and helpful people.
The POWA group is less active online, but it's Durham based so good for any local meets etc.

Good luck!