E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Shutter e91 does not work oem.

10-15-2021, 03:08 PM   #1
wortel55
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i LCI E91

Shutter e91 does not work oem.

Shutter e91 does not work oem
Hello, i´m Bern from Holland and I drive a 381i LCI e91.2010. I replaced my halogens for LCI oem bi´xenon's. Made the oem wire change. Earth on pin 2 of the headlight connector and the shutter wire from pin 5 hl connector to pin 41 of my frm module the PL2 FRM II (LED,NSW) date 0609.
Coded the CAS VO and FRM VO ( Add $522) and re-coded the FRM with the code data. I added the TRC code data in a attachment. All works fine, Pull stalk is Flash to pass with xenon but no high beam. Only low beam. Push the stalk is only low beam with dashboard indicator HighBeam (Blue icon) but no shutters. If I put 12v on the shutter wire they work fine, so the shutters are oke. What could be the problem here. Maybe somebody have a look at the TRC file and will find some wrong settings . Or is the FRM module that needs to be replaced: As far as i´m red in several forum posts it should be possible to get this working ok as oem with this FRM 2 Module. Or am I wrong? Please help, because I´m stuck in my options.
Attached files are read outs after coding. From FRM

FSW_PSW.MAN - newFRMnotWorkHighbeam.txt
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 01:58 AM   #2
F31B48
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 E61 LCI

I think you need to replace your nsw frm2 with a xe frm2 (xenon) An frm with nsw is only good for cars with halogen h/lights

I dealt with this issue when i put a nsw frm2 in my car with xenon h/lights. Had to install an xe frm2, then it worked fine. Just get a used one from a wrecked car.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 05:49 PM   #3
wortel55
Netherlands
Rep

Hi Eva bmw,

Well, I had this idea too. but it is strange that when i hooked up the xenons for the first time, they flickered. after coding cas and frm. and the oem wire change, the xenon does not flicker anymore. Önly the schuter is not working. Also, if you read here on forums, everybody is talking about only frm 2 modules who suppose to be working. But now i´m thinking, frm2 is not enough. Anyway I´ll try to get hold of a frm 2 or 3 XE or higher. Thanks for your support.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 03:53 AM   #4
pmorg4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Touring LCI

EvaBmw is correct. You need the XE (AHL or Max Brose versions will also work) FRM2 or FRM3. The base version does not have the outputs to control the bi-xenon shutter.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 04:15 PM   #5
wortel55
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorg4 View Post
EvaBmw is correct. You need the XE (AHL or Max Brose versions will also work) FRM2 or FRM3. The base version does not have the outputs to control the bi-xenon shutter.
Oky, then my suspicion is confirmed. Found one FRM 3 R XE. I'll let you know if it works fine once I installed and coded it.
Appreciate 0