E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Washing Microfiber

03-02-2016, 08:51 PM   #1
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Washing Microfiber

Hi all. It seems that there are so many different things people recommend when washing microfiber so it made sense to do a quick video highlighting what I do to take care of my towels.

Let me know if anyone has any thoughts!

A few questions for you:
- Do you all use cold water or warm?
- What products do you use to keep them clean?
- Do you have a brand preference? I find that The Rag Company has great towels and will probably get more from them. They are just $$!

YouTube | INSTAGRAM | My New Website: Shifted-Perspective.com | DM for discounts on: LUX ANGEL EYES or BPM TUNES
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 10:28 AM   #2
jkrig
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07' e90 335i (SGM)

There are specific products for cleaning your towels but IMHO save your money and just use a scent free liquid detergent with no fabric softener....Heavy wash, warm-cold, high spin. For drying use low or no heat.

I use different brands, most of the online detailing retailers carry sales and or deals where you can get good quality towels at a good price. Check users reviews and use your best judgement. I like to use the bulk pack microfiber towels from big box stores as throw away/never wash towels for use on wheels and inner door frame and trunk area....never on the exterior paint.
      03-04-2016, 11:50 AM   #3
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrig View Post
There are specific products for cleaning your towels but IMHO save your money and just use a scent free liquid detergent with no fabric softener....Heavy wash, warm-cold, high spin. For drying use low or no heat.

I use different brands, most of the online detailing retailers carry sales and or deals where you can get good quality towels at a good price. Check users reviews and use your best judgement. I like to use the bulk pack microfiber towels from big box stores as throw away/never wash towels for use on wheels and inner door frame and trunk area....never on the exterior paint.
What are your favorite brands? Like I said, The Rag Company seems to have high quality products so I'm sticking with them for now, but I'm always open to try new things. I just use my older ones for the door sills and places like that. The dying towels are where it matters a lot since you use them the most frequently and the chance of them picking up dirt is probably the highest.

YouTube | INSTAGRAM | My New Website: Shifted-Perspective.com | DM for discounts on: LUX ANGEL EYES or BPM TUNES
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 11:31 AM   #4
ccraig13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 328xi 6MT

I got the fancy MF detergent but I don't notice a difference. Like it was mentioned, just buy a scent free
      03-07-2016, 11:37 AM   #5
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

I use regular Tide, never had any issues.. One thing I do is hang then over my banister to air dry. You can dry them in a dryer but don't use any dryer sheets.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 07:32 PM   #6
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
I use regular Tide, never had any issues.. One thing I do is hang then over my banister to air dry. You can dry them in a dryer but don't use any dryer sheets.
Of course no dryer sheets or softener!

I find that the 5 min low drying makes them fluffier.

Appreciate 0