E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Map Lights/Sunroof don't work after Restraint Malfunction appears

10-25-2017, 02:51 PM   #1
TwinTurboMatt
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Map Lights/Sunroof don't work after Restraint Malfunction appears

I've been doing some searching about a new problem that recently arose with my car (2008 335xi coupe.) A few days ago the restraint malfunction warning popped up and several hours later I noticed my map lights and sunroof were not working. The air bag light overheard next to the sunroof button, does flicker lightly.

My battery is free of corrosion, which through my searching, led me to believe that my issues are possibly the cause of a battery dying? Has anyone run into this before? I'll have the battery tested tomorrow afternoon, but i'm hoping to gain a little more insight into how this BMW works before then. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 03:54 PM   #2
TwinTurboMatt
Registered
Rep

I had the codes read today and there wasn't a restraint malfunction, sunroof or any other code.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 11:27 AM   #3
TwinTurboMatt
Registered
Rep

Well, the problem has been resolved for the moment. I disconnected the battery, let it sit, reconnected it and all the issues disappeared. Everything works and there isn't a restraint malfunction anymore. Hopefully it stays this way.
Appreciate 0