E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Annoyed with VOB BMW Service - Maryland..

06-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Annoyed with VOB BMW Service - Maryland..

My car is still new (only 7K mi), so I have limited experience with this service dept. One of only two trips to the dealer was enough for me to form an unfavorable opinion and I plan to let my SA know when he calls me today.

Their loaner program BLOWS! I dropped my car off this morning for a squeeling AC belt. First, my SA tells me they do not have any BMW loaners, that I have to get a rental from Enterprise which is conveniently located in the same in buildnig (I understand, not a problem, right?) Well, I check in at Enterprise and there are approx 20 people in front of me waiting after they checked in. I waited for an hour and twenty mintues before they got me in a car!

Mean while, as I am waiting, I see a guy pull up in a pre LCI e90 M3, check in with his SA and they place him in car right away and it's a BMW LOANER! I get a little annoyed at that, understandably, I mean hey I thought they were out of cars?! Next there is a guy that checked in with his SA (same SA as mine) and Enterprise a couple of people behind me,,, he waits a little while then goes to complain to the SA who comes and takes his ticket from Enterprise and proceeds to put him in a BMW LOANER! HEY WAIT A F%$KING MINUTE! The same SA told me not 40 min earlier he had no BMW loaners!

I never experienced this kind of shit/preferrential treatment at Lexus and what's up with the, "sorry we don't have any loaners, but will put you in a chevy impala from Enterprise" then give away two loaners right in front me?! Do BMW dealers set aside loaners specifically for M drivers or people who bitch? I can tell you I will not be as polite next time I go in for service if that's what it takes to get a BMW loaner and not wait for an hour and half!

Is it like this at every BMW dealer or is my dealer the exception?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
ciscovip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi Touring

Try Russell, they provide BMW loaners
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
wesborl898
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Some dealers actually do have 'emergency' loaners or 'people who bitch' loaners..

I'm saying this from experience from Habberstadd and Rallye BMW in NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
My car is still new (only 7K mi), so I have limited experience with this service dept. One of only two trips to the dealer was enough for me to form an unfavorable opinion and I plan to let my SA know when he calls me today.

Their loaner program BLOWS! I dropped my car off this morning for a squeeling AC belt. First, my SA tells me they do not have any BMW loaners, that I have to get a rental from Enterprise which is conveniently located in the same in buildnig (I understand, not a problem, right?) Well, I check in at Enterprise and there are approx 20 people in front of me waiting after they checked in. I waited for an hour and twenty mintues before they got me in a car!

Mean while, as I am waiting, I see a guy pull up in a pre LCI e90 M3, check in with his SA and they place him in car right away and it's a BMW LOANER! I get a little annoyed at that, understandably, I mean hey I thought they were out of cars?! Next there is a guy that checked in with his SA (same SA as mine) and Enterprise a couple of people behind me,,, he waits a little while then goes to complain to the SA who comes and takes his ticket from Enterprise and proceeds to put him in a BMW LOANER! HEY WAIT A F%$KING MINUTE! The same SA told me not 40 min earlier he had no BMW loaners!

I never experienced this kind of shit/preferrential treatment at Lexus and what's up with the, "sorry we don't have any loaners, but will put you in a chevy impala from Enterprise" then give away two loaners right in front me?! Do BMW dealers set aside loaners specifically for M drivers or people who bitch? I can tell you I will not be as polite next time I go in for service if that's what it takes to get a BMW loaner and not wait for an hour and half!

Is it like this at every BMW dealer or is my dealer the exception?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 11:27 PM   #4
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: my feet

Garage List
Yup at BMW of sterling if you make an appointment and request a loaner you usually get one depending on your SA. Also getting on your SA's good side helps out also when it comes to things like this.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Most stealers these days have a limited BMW fleet and mostly rely on cheap Enterprise alternatives. BMW expirience is about how your car drives, but one thing is for sure; You will never get Lexus level customer service from BMW.

My Toyota service beats BMW hands down every single time. No matter that Toyota is half the price of my BMW, go figure.
      06-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #6
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesborl898 View Post
Some dealers actually do have 'emergency' loaners or 'people who bitch' loaners..

I'm saying this from experience from Habberstadd and Rallye BMW in NY.
I believe that! I have also come to the conclusion that my SA's attitude sucks, I mean the guy has 0 personality and barely acknowledges me when I check in.

I don't remember this kind of treatment or less than professional caliber SA's back in the day when I had to pay for my own service when I owned my '99 M Coupe. Is it because of the new service program that service has declined only because BMW has to pick from the bottom of the barrel? Do all of the quality/professional SA's go to work at Lexus and the like where they are paid a salary plus commission i.e. better paid? The SA's at my Lexus dealer not only dress more professional, but they act like professionals and acknowledge and treat their customers with respect! I don't know, maybe my perspective has been skewed after years of getting my 2 Lexus vehicles services at Lexus of Rockville and I unfairly hold other dealers to a higher standard because of it...

BOO VOB BMW!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #7
stratplaya06
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi-SOLD 5.0 Miata

Make an appointment and request a BMW loaner. It usually takes a little bit longer for them to get you in there but you will be guaranteed a decent car that way.

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #8
boost986
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

I don't think any car brand in particular has better service that others, it's all dealer dependent. The bmw dealer near me treats me very well, while Lexus/Infiniti acts like I'm bothering them coming in.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #9
AaronLBeltran
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Mo 703 View Post
Yup at BMW of sterling if you make an appointment and request a loaner you usually get one depending on your SA. Also getting on your SA's good side helps out also when it comes to things like this.
Do you have a particular SA at BMW of Sterling you recommend? I'm not trying to go to Tischer every time.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #10
raihansdg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

VOB in Rockville sucks big time....
Appreciate 0