E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > 2013 Track Dates (Quebec, Ontario and U.S. North East)

04-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #287
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
i signed up for 1 day... i paid already and got my personal code from kahlid. will decide when to go to bogie a little later. but it will likely be later in the season as you suggested. aug, sept, oct, etc sound good
I paid for two. Cant wait. Dying to head back to CMP.
Signed up for advanced race school with CADL on the 28th - working at getting my license this year and compete in at least one competitive event.
So much for taking it easy this year.
      04-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #288
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
For those who are in the know... about those CMP days from Jaypod and Khalid.

I have sent my payment today (cheque). I took 2 days.

The days that are most probable for me would be Friday August 16th, Friday Sept 27th, and both weekends of October.

trying to spread my track days....
how do i get in this?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #289
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Hope to pick her up tomorrow. Test out the rear brakes and new computer. Stoked.

04-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #290
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Signed up for advanced race school with CADL on the 28th - working at getting my license this year and compete in at least one competitive event.
What track is CADL using on the 28th?

CMP will be by far the track I go most this year. 6 days planned (1 w/Viper, 3 w/BMW Ottawa, + the 2 lapping days)
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #291
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
how do i get in this?
two M3post guys, ( sawzall and Jaypod ) got a whole bunch of days in advance for CMP. Maybe contact them. They might have some later in the season if days go by faster than they can use them.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #292
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
For those who are in the know... about those CMP days from Jaypod and Khalid.

I have sent my payment today (cheque). I took 2 days.

The days that are most probable for me would be Friday August 16th, Friday Sept 27th, and both weekends of October.

trying to spread my track days....
Quote:
Got 2 days also, we should try to pick same dats to the extent possible.

Joel, nice diffuser everything looks integrated. Serious weapon.
      04-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #293
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:

CMP will be by far the track I go most this year. 6 days planned (1 w/Viper, 3 w/BMW Ottawa, + the 2 lapping days)
CADL is doing the racing school at Sanair on the Sunday the 28th.
      04-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #294
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Got 2 days also, we should try to pick same dats to the extent possible.

Joel, nice diffuser everything looks integrated. Serious weapon.
There are a lot of weekend days available. I agree on picking something in common. I'm still offering my low rate tire and tool trailer tow service

Thanks you for the compliments on the diffuser. We'll see if it provides any added umph. That will be the fun part to calculate.
      04-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #295
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
There are a lot of weekend days available. I agree on picking something in common. I'm still offering my low rate tire and tool trailer tow service

Thanks you for the compliments on the diffuser. We'll see if it provides any added umph. That will be the fun part to calculate.
and i am always a loyal customer

my wheels will be tagging along with you to bogie.... i am sure tony's will as well.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #296
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep

Quote:

what is CADL? is this carl's race school?

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #297
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I am sure it will!

Hey, since the track car thing for me is no rush, I have come back to toying the idea of modding the 335 to track as opposition to the vette. Will definitely need to shred at least 300 lbs, which won't be easy, then add some suspension and powah! How crazy you think this is?
      04-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #298
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
I am sure it will!

Hey, since the track car thing for me is no rush, I have come back to toying the idea of modding the 335 to track as opposition to the vette. Will definitely need to shred at least 300 lbs, which won't be easy, then add some suspension and powah! How crazy you think this is?
Well, it'll cost less than a vette

Throw a pair of RB turbos on it to hit 500hp, some carbon to lighten it a few kilos, throw out the seats... umm... Ok, I think 300 lbs might be a bit optimistic unless you remove the soundproofing. But then I'm not sure the car will ever be sellable.
      04-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #299
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Well, it'll cost less than a vette

Throw a pair of RB turbos on it to hit 500hp, some carbon to lighten it a few kilos, throw out the seats... umm... Ok, I think 300 lbs might be a bit optimistic unless you remove the soundproofing. But then I'm not sure the car will ever be sellable.
You forget the rear seats. I won't need to sell it, market price is low enough and still dropping. So all I would need is mod money, but it is a leap of faith nevertheless.....

I stumbled over many reviews how the Audi S4 is much quicker on track than the 335, example 3-5 seconds on a 1 1/2 min lap!
      04-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #300
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
You forget the rear seats. I won't need to sell it, market price is low enough and still dropping. So all I would need is mod money, but it is a leap of faith nevertheless.....

I stumbled over many reviews how the Audi S4 is much quicker on track than the 335, example 3-5 seconds on a 1 1/2 min lap!
AWD

It's weird to have a 4-door with no rear seat. Don't do it!!! I'm sure you could squeeze the car more before you truly need the mods. I should be the last one to say it, but mod less and track more!!!

But if you really must mod, put a pair of RB turbos and a set of KWv3s and you'll be *set*.
      04-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #301
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
AWD

It's weird to have a 4-door with no rear seat. Don't do it!!! I'm sure you could squeeze the car more before you truly need the mods. I should be the last one to say it, but mod less and track more!!!

But if you really must mod, put a pair of RB turbos and a set of KWv3s and you'll be *set*.
^^ this!!!

ken, i know you want a serious track weapon but there's a lot more you can do to your car while still keeping it streetable. just a friendly observation - i dont think you track enough to warrant a serious track car. a track modded vette may not be the best thing for you unless you are planning to double or triple the number of track days you are doing right now.

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #302
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
^^ this!!!

ken, i know you want a serious track weapon but there's a lot more you can do to your car while still keeping it streetable. just a friendly observation - i dont think you track enough to warrant a serious track car. a track modded vette may not be the best thing for you unless you are planning to double or triple the number of track days you are doing right now.
Yah Chris, I agree! I will know by the end of the season.

But both you guys should heed your own advice, bwahaha!
      04-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #303
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yah Chris, I agree! I will know by the end of the season.

But both you guys should heed your own advice, bwahaha!
Edit: No I am not looking for any "serious track weapon" just one light enough I can throw in the corners with abandon and worry less about the weight, power second...... So the idea was never a fully race-prepped vette, but a street vette with half cage (not stripped) and seats and harnesses, that's it, cos I would also need to drive home.
      04-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #304
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
Edit: No I am not looking for any "serious track weapon" just one light enough I can throw in the corners with abandon and worry less about the weight, power second...... So the idea was never a fully race-prepped vette, but a street vette with half cage (not stripped) and seats and harnesses, that's it, cos I would also need to drive home.
I think your problem is the boredom between track days which makes you want to mod stuff needlessly (oh god I'm such a hypocrite... but I'm on a roll, who's going to stop me now? :P). If you were flogging a Versa around the track (apparently some people do!!!), I'd agree it would need so many mods that you should probably just make a sandwich out of it... but with the 335, at least I had so much fun during the sessions that I should have just spent more time tracking than modding it, it would probably have been more useful.

If I were you, I would seriously throw some coilovers on and stop there. Maaaaaaybe big turbos and/or a BBK, but even that's probably not needed. Just consider that a BBK kit will give you what, 7 track days?

Now... time to order that upgraded fuel pump so I get more power. Sigh. Who am I lecturing.
      04-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #305
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I think your problem is the boredom between track days which makes you want to mod stuff needlessly (oh god I'm such a hypocrite... but I'm on a roll, who's going to stop me now? :P). If you were flogging a Versa around the track (apparently some people do!!!), I'd agree it would need so many mods that you should probably just make a sandwich out of it... but with the 335, at least I had so much fun during the sessions that I should have just spent more time tracking than modding it, it would probably have been more useful.

If I were you, I would seriously throw some coilovers on and stop there. Maaaaaaybe big turbos and/or a BBK, but even that's probably not needed. Just consider that a BBK kit will give you what, 7 track days?

Now... time to order that upgraded fuel pump so I get more power. Sigh. Who am I lecturing.
Lol! you are nuts! I think you passed the point of no return, no return of lease that is
      04-19-2013, 05:52 AM   #306
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
what is CADL? is this carl's race school?
It's Club Auto-sport Des Lauretides. Perry Auto is affiliated with ASE and AISA.

Quote:
I am sure it will!

The easiest way to ditch unwanted weight from the 3er is to ditch the sunroof (-35lbs), all the seats and trunk lining (-200lbs) and replace the brakes with race brakes (-30lbs). You will need to put back in 2 race seats, race harness and and at the very least a half cage (+80lbs). Voila you got about 200lbs. You sure you really want to do all that to save 200lbs?

You may want to just replace your brakes for a nice BBK, get a race seat with 6 pt harness and 4 point loop to secure your belts for starters.
      04-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #307
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
and i am always a loyal customer

my wheels will be tagging along with you to bogie.... i am sure tony's will as well.
No doubt. I'll need to start working on a mounting system. I will be carrying 1 to 2 extra sets for me too (rain and spares). Ahh the never ending modding. Now it includes trailer mods .... the horror.
      04-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #308
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It's Club Auto-sport Des Lauretides. Perry Auto is affiliated with ASE and AISA.

The easiest way to ditch unwanted weight from the 3er is to ditch the sunroof (-35lbs), all the seats and trunk lining (-200lbs) and replace the brakes with race brakes (-30lbs). You will need to put back in 2 race seats, race harness and and at the very least a half cage (+80lbs). Voila you got about 200lbs. You sure you really want to do all that to save 200lbs?

You may want to just replace your brakes for a nice BBK, get a race seat with 6 pt harness and 4 point loop to secure your belts for starters.
I know a couple of racers in CADL, quite friendly folks and from time to time they come to BMW QC LCMT event, which is where I met them. Stéphane is one of them, Denis too.

I know one of the limiting factors is the nut behind the wheel, which I will work on a little more this year. So by the end of the season, I'll have a better idea what the car can do, if there is any hope to run reliably with it, and be relatively fun and quick!

Oh, Joel, if you haven't modded your shaver, your coffee maker and lawn mower, there might just be a tad of hope to cure this modding disease