E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > AKMotorwerk Tri-state area shop **NOW OPEN**

08-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #881
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiz113 View Post
and to drive around a night finally!!
hahaha... the sacrifices we make for our beloved clients
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #882
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@AKMotorwerk View Post
hahaha... the sacrifices we make for our beloved clients
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #883
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

Quote:
We can do that... i believe Mike@F1Autohaus sells a very nice set to change them out
What's size bulb is that? Is that the "cornering bulb?"
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #884
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@SupremePower View Post
What's so funny??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyE92 View Post
What's size bulb is that? Is that the "cornering bulb?"
cornering bulb is H3
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #885
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What's so funny??

cornering bulb is H3
what i say??

... i need some quality time!!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #886
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Stopped back at Alex today to put in some 7500 angels

Left VERY happy. Alex and i were chit chatting as usual during the install when he mentioned he now offered some BMW programming. My ugly orange park lights are now deleted, and I can now fold the mirrors, roll up the windows and sunroof too from my remote- how cool is THAT? Also a nice little digital speedometer to round it all off. As usual, Alex and Kevin were courteous, very reasonable- performing quality work as always.
I will never go elsewhere for any of my cosmetic and tuning needs. A+++ for AK Motorwerk! Worth the trip wherever you might be in the tri state.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #887
Tiz113
Chief Sitting Bull
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi E92 / LSB F90 M5

Garage List
2019 BMW F90  [0.00]
2007 328xi E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDeFranco1 View Post
Left VERY happy. Alex and i were chit chatting as usual during the install when he mentioned he now offered some BMW programming. My ugly orange park lights are now deleted, and I can now fold the mirrors, roll up the windows and sunroof too from my remote- how cool is THAT? Also a nice little digital speedometer to round it all off. As usual, Alex and Kevin were courteous, very reasonable- performing quality work as always.
I will never go elsewhere for any of my cosmetic and tuning needs. A+++ for AK Motorwerk! Worth the trip wherever you might be in the tri state.
YES! AKM FTW! Need to get my ass back to Jersey and do some things!!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #888
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDeFranco1 View Post
AKM FTMFW!!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #889
LeMans335xiE90
+7,033 posts ;)
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 LCI LeMans

Quote:
YES! AKM FTW! Need to get my ass back to Jersey and do some things!!
figures you only go to AKM in jersey and not visit me...

Quote:
AKM FTMFW!!
AKM FTMFW!!! where the fuck were you saturday?
      08-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #890
Tiz113
Chief Sitting Bull
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW F90  [0.00]
2007 328xi E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans335xiE90 View Post
figures you only go to AKM in jersey and not visit me...

AKM FTMFW!!! where the fuck were you saturday?
why you mad??
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #891
ldp118
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 335i coupe

Thanks

Thanks Alex and Kevin for the installs, love my new toys. I'll be back with for more.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #892
lciaccio
Bimm me up
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

i had no idea this was in hillsborough - im goin to have to stop by one day to say hi
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #893
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldp118 View Post
Thanks Alex and Kevin for the installs, love my new toys. I'll be back with for more.
great meeting you saturday! glad your happy with all your goodies! saturday was a busy busy day lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lciaccio View Post
i had no idea this was in hillsborough - im goin to have to stop by one day to say hi
if your local, feel free to pm me or alex and let us know when you want to stop by
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #894
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldp118 View Post
Great meeting you Long... car is looking great, see you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lciaccio View Post
Yes we sure are.... Shoot us a PM if you want to swing by
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #895
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin@AKMotorwerk View Post
great meeting you saturday! glad your happy with all your goodies! saturday was a busy busy day lol

if your local, feel free to pm me or alex and let us know when you want to stop by
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #896
Force[FED]
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Another positive review for AK Motorwerks!

Huge thanks to Kevin and Alex for my KW V1 coilover install!!!

I don't post on forums much anymore, but I do lurk quite a bit, and I knew there would be a time when I would want a place to install some suspension upgrades on my '08 335xi coupe. (since most of you know, even with the Sport Package, the stock suspension on the xDrive cars is HORRIBLE). I kept seeing AK Motorwerks mentioned again and again, so I started PMing Alex. He was always very quick to answer my (many, many) questions.

So after I finally decided on which coilover system I wanted (KW V1s...which Alex told me he has been using for over 2 years), I made an appointment to have them put them in at AK Motorwerks. It was an 85 mile drive from where I live in southern NJ, but if it saved me the aggravation of doing it myself, it was worth it.

Within a few hours, Kevin (and Alex) had my KW V1s installed, and then spent a little extra time making height adjustments. Since I was driving home at night, Alex even adjusted my headlights up so I could see more than 10' in front of my car.

Their price was VERY reasonable, they are extremely friendly and laid back, and they treated my car like it was their own. I would certainly use them again for work on my car, and it's nice to know there are friendly and knowledgeable people not too far from me!

It's a crime that BMW sells their XI cars with such a terrible spring/shock combo. The KW V1s are how the car should come from the factory, the stock springs/shocks are not even in the same league. The car is flatter during acceleration/braking/turning, and the vague scariness of the stock xDrive suspension is gone. The constant bouncing of the stock items is gone, yet the ride is not harsh at all. Bravo to KW for making such a great setup, it's exactly what my 335xi was missing!

Thanks for the recommendation Alex!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 07:00 AM   #897
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force[FED] View Post

I don't post on forums much anymore, but I do lurk quite a bit, and I knew there would be a time when I would want a place to install some suspension upgrades on my '08 335xi coupe. (since most of you know, even with the Sport Package, the stock suspension on the xDrive cars is HORRIBLE). I kept seeing AK Motorwerks mentioned again and again, so I started PMing Alex. He was always very quick to answer my (many, many) questions.

So after I finally decided on which coilover system I wanted (KW V1s...which Alex told me he has been using for over 2 years), I made an appointment to have them put them in at AK Motorwerks. It was an 85 mile drive from where I live in southern NJ, but if it saved me the aggravation of doing it myself, it was worth it.

Within a few hours, Kevin (and Alex) had my KW V1s installed, and then spent a little extra time making height adjustments. Since I was driving home at night, Alex even adjusted my headlights up so I could see more than 10' in front of my car.

Their price was VERY reasonable, they are extremely friendly and laid back, and they treated my car like it was their own. I would certainly use them again for work on my car, and it's nice to know there are friendly and knowledgeable people not too far from me!

It's a crime that BMW sells their XI cars with such a terrible spring/shock combo. The KW V1s are how the car should come from the factory, the stock springs/shocks are not even in the same league. The car is flatter during acceleration/braking/turning, and the vague scariness of the stock xDrive suspension is gone. The constant bouncing of the stock items is gone, yet the ride is not harsh at all. Bravo to KW for making such a great setup, it's exactly what my 335xi was missing!

thanks for the kind words and writeup kevin. it was great meeting you, and helping make your car more enjoyable for you to drive

did you adjust to the shock value of the height yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #898
Force[FED]
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin@AKMotorwerk View Post
thanks for the kind words and writeup kevin. it was great meeting you, and helping make your car more enjoyable for you to drive

did you adjust to the shock value of the height yet?
Haha, it still might take me a while to get used to the non- 4 X 4 look of my car. I took some measurements last night, and the left rear seemed to be about 3/8" lower than the right rear. Can I just lower the threads some of the left rear to try and even it up? I was going to give it a few days to settle in before trying any adjustments.

Oh, the jackpoint insert adapter, what was the company you all told me again? I want to order one up ASAP!

Thanks again, I was really appreciating the V1s more and more on my ride into work this morning.

Kev
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #899
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haha, it still might take me a while to get used to the non- 4 X 4 look of my car. I took some measurements last night, and the left rear seemed to be about 3/8" lower than the right rear. Can I just lower the threads some of the left rear to try and even it up? I was going to give it a few days to settle in before trying any adjustments.

Oh, the jackpoint insert adapter, what was the company you all told me again? I want to order one up ASAP!

Thanks again, I was really appreciating the V1s more and more on my ride into work this morning.

Kev

make sure you are on completely level ground when measuring! even a little dip on the pavement will make it out of wack. if it is off then yes you can just turn the adjuster ring to even it out

here is the adapter

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-335...pter/ES251251/
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #900
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep

Quote:

nice write up man... AKMotorwerk FTMFW!!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #901
Tiz113
Chief Sitting Bull
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW F90  [0.00]
2007 328xi E92  [0.00]
Quote:
nice write up man... AKMotorwerk FTMFW!!
+1111111
can you guys make some decals or stickers or something so we can rep!!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #902
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
+1111111
can you guys make some decals or stickers or something so we can rep!!
PM me your address and i will get some out to you and show up at your door at 2am
Appreciate 0