E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E92 Replacement Headlight Unit - Yellow vs Blue?

07-09-2018, 10:38 AM   #1
georgekitchen7
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 320i SE

E92 Replacement Headlight Unit - Yellow vs Blue?

Hi guys,

My beloved e92 was reversed into by a Range Rover a couple of weeks ago, and one of the headlight units cracked.

It went into the garage and they replaced it with a new genuine BMW headlight unit. However, the garage has informed me that my headlights had been modified with “non-genuine wiring and blue bulbs”, so 1 light (original) is shining blue/white, and the new one is shining yellow.

Does this sound right to you? I thought the headlight units were sealed and you couldn’t replace bulbs? Are the 2008 e92 320i SE standard bulbs yellow? I thought they were all white/blue?

Problem is, garage is saying they can’t replace my light using the non-genuine BMW wiring bulb, as they can only use genuine BMW parts, not the replacement non-genuine wires/bulb. It is a independent body shop acting on behalf of an insurance company.

Would love to hear your wisdom/suggestions!

Thanks guys, such an amazing community on here.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 11:32 AM   #2
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I believe the previous owner has changed the HID ballast & bulb and/or the angle eye bulbs.

I would probably just take the car back as is and then replace both sides with a aftermarket hid kit so that they both match.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #3
georgekitchen7
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 320i SE

Super, thanks so much, that's exactly what they did for me.
Appreciate 0