E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items > mom needs wheels

05-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #1
alatham
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325e

mom needs wheels

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
i feel at a loss here. i don't know much about bmws. i have a 325 e 1986. i was driving the other day and someone swerved into my lane and i swerved away and went up on the curb. the right tires are flat, one wheel is bent. i'm told the struts and strut mounts don't work maybe. i only got a bmw because i had a friend that collects and works on them and now that i, well i've got to move out. i'm really screwed. i live in Richmond, VA i'm a mom with a two and three year old. my three year old is autistic and goes to a special school. my car was my escape plan and now it's sitting out front flat. i had a job lined up so i could get my own apartment everything was working out like a dream and now i'm faced with what seems an unsurmountable problem. i guess if anyone knows where to get two wheels and tires in Richmond for cheap....or even any advice...or knows what a strut mount is and if i'm being lied to. can i just use fix a flat? i know i must seem completely rediculous on this site but don't really know what else to do....angie

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
chazzz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Chrysler 300S

Do you have insurance?

It's hard for us to tell how much damage you have on your 325e. Maybe some photographs of damage could help us to determine how much damage you have.

Either it could be fixed, or it could be totalled? Since you're driving a 1986 model year 325e, the value of your car is probably less than the cost of repair. If the insurance decides that it's totalled, you can get a check from the insurance (based on the value of your car) and maybe you can buy another used 325e? I don't think you can find another 1986 325e (I don't see 1980's 3-series that often on the road here in California).

Hope it helps...and I can understand that you are really depending on your car for transportation (for work and bring the kids to school & doctor appointments).

Hey, is somebody in here who lives in Richmond, VA?? If you (an E90post-er) live in that city, please help that poor lady.

CURRENT - 2018 Chrysler 300S, Crystal Granite Metallic.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
satakal
Major
Rep
Drives: e46

your 325e is a rad car. Easy to work on and lots of parts availability. A wheel for your car should cost $30 from a wrecking yard and a new tire will be $50 from any tire shop. So, thats the easy part. Regarding the suspension being busted, the most expensive thing there is the labor. For what its worth, before your car got banged up, it was probably worth $1500. If repairs are greater than that, just get another 325e.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
bumpski
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #5
fisherbln
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

I would suggest contacting your local BMW CCA club and see if any of the guys there can help you out. I have found my local CCA to be very helpful to those that need it. It is an easy car to work on and they'll be able to assess what is necessary to get you back on the road as cheaply as possible. I believe this is your local one's website: http://www.nccbmwcca.org/
Appreciate 0