E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > SOLVED: HELP - 07 328xi Stuttering/Shaking at 3-8% throttle

02-08-2023, 09:39 AM   #89
rothwem
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i Wagon

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by perplexedbeemerowner View Post
My 2007 530xi would stutter once warmed up and around 2500 RPM. I had the sparkplugs and coils changed, the solenoids changes, the transmission rebuilt and a replaced torque converter because the new one was defective.
When I went to BMW for diagnostic (Now it's at AAMCO) they tome me of leaking seals and bad torque converter. That's 2 days after I got it back from AAMCO. They mentioned in their diagnostic that the "transfer Case" should get a fluid change however... FLUID CHANGE MAY RESULT IN TRANSFER CASE FAILURE.... WHAT?? Every site I go to tells me to change the fluid after so many miles. I bought this boat anchor December 24th. and had it in my possession for 12 days total. The rest of the time it's been at BMW, AAMCO, and the local garage where I started this journey.
Today AAMCO tells le it might be my transfer case. Why not? It's the only thing not replaced or rebuilt. He said when it was disconnected the car ran with no stutters or jutters. It ran smooth. So now what? Another $3,000.00 into this car? Since I bought it for $3,200.00 I've put in $11,000.00 dollars and counting. Washer pump still doesn't work and CV Boot is torn. SO there you have it. It's the transfer case. The only thing I didn't fix or replace so I narrowed it down. Hope it helps someone
Try changing the fluid in the transfer case before changing the transfer case. It won't damage anything, worst case, you're out $50 for fluid. On my previous wagon that was xDrive, the fluid change fixed the issue for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2023, 08:58 PM   #90
Rock27
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi

Garage List
I think im having similar issue with my 07 328xi sedan shuddering at low rpm around 1500 & down. It also jerk bad when i let go of the gas & going to a complete stop mostly city driving but when i go on the highway at high speed the car runs so smooth & it doesn’t jerk at all. First thing i noticed was the 4x4 abs light coming on and after researching i thought it was the TC motor so i bought one $400 on fcpeuro and took it to my local shop and they replaced it and the light went away but problem was still there . So i have replaced my transmission fluid & filter to see if it solve the problem but it didn’t. Weeks after I wasted more money for the TC fluid but the issue hasn’t gone away, car still jerks going at low speed & when doing a complete stop. There’s no codes though after replacing my TC motor. Please help guys is the problem really the whole TC? because that’s what my local shop who specializes in bmw mechanic says it might be the whole TRANSER CASE.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 05:33 PM   #91
drawz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi 6MT, 08 535xiT 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock27 View Post
I think im having similar issue with my 07 328xi sedan shuddering at low rpm around 1500 & down. It also jerk bad when i let go of the gas & going to a complete stop mostly city driving but when i go on the highway at high speed the car runs so smooth & it doesn’t jerk at all. First thing i noticed was the 4x4 abs light coming on and after researching i thought it was the TC motor so i bought one $400 on fcpeuro and took it to my local shop and they replaced it and the light went away but problem was still there . So i have replaced my transmission fluid & filter to see if it solve the problem but it didn’t. Weeks after I wasted more money for the TC fluid but the issue hasn’t gone away, car still jerks going at low speed & when doing a complete stop. There’s no codes though after replacing my TC motor. Please help guys is the problem really the whole TC? because that’s what my local shop who specializes in bmw mechanic says it might be the whole TRANSER CASE.
Check the front driveshaft for failing u-joints. The one closest to the TC usually fails first. Clunk with changing directions, lifting throttle, or accelerating from a stop is the usual symptom. Could also have driveline vibration in general or with acceleration. Pretty easy to check or replace yourself if you’re into that sort of thing.
Appreciate 1
Rock270.00
      09-15-2023, 10:22 PM   #92
Rock27
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawz View Post
Check the front driveshaft for failing u-joints. The one closest to the TC usually fails first. Clunk with changing directions, lifting throttle, or accelerating from a stop is the usual symptom. Could also have driveline vibration in general or with acceleration. Pretty easy to check or replace yourself if you’re into that sort of thing.
I checked all of them and it seems like they’re still good. I think it is the TC since the problem mostly comes back when i always let go of the gas under 1800 rpm or coming to a complete stop. It would shudder so bad i can hear a single click under the car where the transmission is at. I will need to unplug the sensor for the TC and see if the symptoms go away. If the problem doesn’t go away then my sec choice gotta be the Torque Converter dont you think?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 10:24 PM   #93
Rock27
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I don’t get that kind of vibration symptom though, just a hard shudder & a click sound under the car
Appreciate 0