E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Cant get power out of corner after last mods

08-26-2019, 04:15 AM   #1
blackangel18
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Cant get power out of corner after last mods

Hi, a question for the more experienced ones.

After last changes on my car I have troubles with getting power out of corner (dont have LSD yet, but last track day it was much better even without it).
Changes I made:

- Swift linear conversion on B14 (336/616) - Do Bilstein shock need to be revalved for linear springs? I didnt hear about anyone revalving. Is 616 too stiff for rear without LSD and maybe 576 would be better match? There must be a reason why KW clubsport or Ohlins use weaker rear spring. My camber setting in rear is -1.9, is it too much for these 616 springs on AD08R and should I reduce it?
- new rear sway bar end links (old ones were shot) - can it be that the old ones were weakening the sway bar? Weaker sway bar in rear can definitely help getting power to the ground.

Thank you for help
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 05:58 PM   #2
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Without any info about your front setup, or sway bar setup, it definitely sounds like you need to reduce the (roll) stiffness of the rear end... Who knows how much by though. And yes, I think you're quite right about why ohlins spec such a soft rear spring.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 07:24 AM   #3
streetpro
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: e92 335iA

Garage List
I have the same experience once I have swapped stock rear 13mm with M3 20mm sway bar... change the front too (to balance the handling) or/and add LSD (to combat poor traction)...