E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > any reason we can't run shocks for an i on an xi?

12-20-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
blacksail337
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335xi

any reason we can't run shocks for an i on an xi?

just curious, since the springs are interchangeable (i'm already lowered on the h&r race springs made for the i)

i spoke with a rep at bilstein a few months ago and he couldn't confirm or deny if it would work, just not wanting to be liable i would imagine

he said the only differences he knew of was a very slight dampening diff for the minor weight diff of the 2 cars, xi's are 221 lbs heavier if i'm not mistaken?

and that the shocks for the xi are a little longer to compensate for the xi's higher ride height

but if i'm already running the springs for an i, a damper is'nt going to change that ride height any right?

i'd just love to be able to pick up a set of slightly used ones for an i here on the boards and save some money, as i imagine it'll be tough to come across the ones specifically for the xi anytime soon.

sorry if i'm overlooking some insanely simple problem that makes this a really stupid question
Appreciate 0