E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > car insurance cancelled

07-03-2020, 06:06 AM   #1
Mo5inx
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330d m sport

car insurance cancelled

So had a bit of a problem with my insurers first central.

I sold my car and notified them of it online and pit said ive got 7 days to put another car on the policy or they'll cancel it. So within those 7 days I've rang them and tried putting my sisters car on as I've not found a car I wanted to buy yet. They wouldn't insure it because the car was on her name wich isn't a problem I could of applied for a new log book online in my name.

So the advisor I was speaking to told me that you can keep the policy running without a car on it. I told him I've been told this on an email that I've got 7 days. And he's like no you can keep it running as long as you keep paying till you find a car it won't get cancelled.

I took his word for it told him to write a note down and obviously I'm thinking all calls are recorded wich they usually are so I asked him atleast 3 times on the phone call to get it clear wich he did i can leep the policy running and it won't get cancelled.

So yesterday I get an email saying my policy has been cancelled. Spoke to them and now they're saying that call wasn't recorded either lol. Do I have any leg to stand on to argue the case or just buy a new policy and carry on even though i was few months off having another years no claims bonus wich ill have to start over now.
Thanks for any help or input anyone has would be great.
Appreciate 0