E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Help: Tapping sound under 2018 X5

08-12-2021, 11:53 AM   #1
ewood
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMX X5

Help: Tapping sound under 2018 X5

Over the past 6 months I've noticed that my BMX X5 is making a tapping sound when accelerating. I don't hear this sound when the engine is just idling, but I hear it when I accelerate. I've taken this to my local BMW dealer several times and they acknowledge hearing the noise but don't know what it is. They have then engaged with BMW North America who has come out to look at the car and also acknowledge the sound, but say it's "normal".

I've never heard another X5 make this noise and it keeps getting louder. Below I've included a link of a video I've posted on YouTube where you can hear the sound when I accelerate. Any ideas what this might be and how to get it resolved with BMW directly as it really should be covered under warranty given my car only has 40k miles.

https://youtu.be/pHccbUy6bho

Last edited by ewood; 08-12-2021 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 0