E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > System to lean, can’t find the problem!

08-20-2021, 10:52 AM   #1
josephtaye
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i

System to lean, can’t find the problem!

Have a 2011 335 FBO on stage 2+ MHD, been having a CEL that comes and goes for almost 2 years, took it to the shop many many times and everything was checked and repaired (valve cover, inlets, outlets, intake, MAF, smoke down test, break booster) and the CEL will be gone for a month or so but now it’s back and stronger then ever, no other codes, no loss of power no rough idle. Could this be something related to the tune? Or a DME or software issue? I need to pass inspection and because of this im stuck! I really need help to pass inspection Cause Apprently there is no boost leak or unmeasured air. I know i can’t be the only one to deal with this, any help is appreciated thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2021, 01:40 PM   #2
VXEric
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335xi 6MT

What is the actual code? I've been fighting similar and done tons of diagnostics. I think I've finally narrowed it to the pre-cat O2 sensor. Working on replacing it but it's very stuck lol
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2021, 02:06 PM   #3
josephtaye
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXEric View Post
What is the actual code? I've been fighting similar and done tons of diagnostics. I think I've finally narrowed it to the pre-cat O2 sensor. Working on replacing it but it's very stuck lol

Codes are 2BCO and 2BEA, and let me know if that works but I’m not sure if an O2 sensor trips only system lean codes 🤔
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2021, 02:37 PM   #4
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I don't remember the code, but I too had a system too lean code. Mine was my MAP sensor. Replaced, no more issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 04:45 PM   #5
Mister_R
R
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport Cabrio (E93)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephtaye View Post
Have a 2011 335 FBO on stage 2+ MHD, been having a CEL that comes and goes for almost 2 years, took it to the shop many many times and everything was checked and repaired (valve cover, inlets, outlets, intake, MAF, smoke down test, break booster) and the CEL will be gone for a month or so but now it’s back and stronger then ever, no other codes, no loss of power no rough idle. Could this be something related to the tune? Or a DME or software issue? I need to pass inspection and because of this im stuck! I really need help to pass inspection Cause Apprently there is no boost leak or unmeasured air. I know i can’t be the only one to deal with this, any help is appreciated thank you
Are your readiness monitors "Ready"? In NY you can pass with one not ready. I had an evap code a few months back and with downpipes installed I HAD to purchase and install a DP Fix to pass...