E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help Needed: N52 - ERROR CODES 2D06 29E1 29E0

09-21-2021, 04:43 PM   #1
Fletcher737
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 325i

Exclamation Help Needed: N52 - ERROR CODES 2D06 29E1 29E0

Good evening all I hope you are well.

I am new to the forum and a new and proud BMW owner as my first car.

I recently purchased a E92 325i, 56 reg, auto, 96k miles and have one major issue.

The car has the above error codes (my friend has the snap-on diagnostic tool, not sure what model but he uses it in his garage) and has diagnosed the 3 in the title, 2D06, 29E1, 29E1, the CEL is on, and reappears once reset and cleared.

When I start the car the car wobbles/ shakes slightly and you can hear the engine going up and down in revs, it jumps up to maybe 1k/1.1k revs then fluctuates for 20/30 seconds between 600/1k then drops just around 500, the car sounds like it wants to stall then it settles at 600.

I recently did a 45 mile journey in the car and the car seemingly stalled, I put my foot on the accelerator and received no input, I turned the car off, put into park then back into drive and it drove fine with no issues.

This has happened 3 more times over an hour long drive where I had to restart the car, however I took it for a 1hr30 drive yesterday and the car ran perfectly and didn't stall once.

I have used Holts Easy Start spray and could not find any leaks within the engine bay, I have changed the air filter and the issue still persists, however when I unplugged the MAF sensor the car ran a lot better, not perfect but a lot better at idle, no more rev jumping.

I have ordered Liqui Moly Air Flow Sensor cleaner to see if this will help remedy the issue and I am thinking about getting a smoke test done to see if any vacuum leaks could be the issue.

I am wondering if anybody has had these issues before and if anyone could please assist!

Thank you all, and I hope to share my journey with everyone on here

Last edited by Fletcher737; 09-21-2021 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Missing Information
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 10:41 PM   #2
lookalikehuuh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 335i

Sounds like you either have a bad/dirty MAF or you have some leak somewhere in the intake track after the MAF sensor that is allowing additional air to enter the intake tract. Either way it sounds like you are on the right track to figure out where the issue is coming from.

The fact that while the MAF was unplugged made the engine run much better suggests the MAF sensor itself is the issue and not an air leak somewhere down the line.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 10:41 PM   #3
trickstar
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i convertible

Garage List
Mine turned out to be an oil cap not totally seated when screwed on. Paid closer attention to screwing it on properly, ran perfectly after clearing the codes.
Appreciate 1
Mike K322.00