E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMW hidden power mapping for real?

07-05-2019, 09:58 AM   #1
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

BMW hidden power mapping for real?

Folks, just lately this video came to my youtube recommended watch list:

Now, I already have the 3-stage, AA-headers, AA-tune. So it probably won't be much gain for me to explore this. But check out what he's saying and doing in the vid. Looks like a power tune is available in the NCSEXPERT coding as an option to activate those DISA's on the 3-stage intake. Maybe this is beneficial to those wanting to do the intake mod and work the DISA's.

Also, a question on my own: Will this tune be better than the AA/BPC tune out there? By all means I'm not looking to swap my AA tune into this so called Mpower tune as the guy described in the video. I'm trying to keep my AA tune to tame those headers and the CEL's. But I just want to know if anyone would know of a genuine gain/advance to this hidden tune.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 11:11 AM   #2
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yupetc View Post
Folks, just lately this video came to my youtube recommended watch list:

Now, I already have the 3-stage, AA-headers, AA-tune. So it probably won't be much gain for me to explore this. But check out what he's saying and doing in the vid. Looks like a power tune is available in the NCSEXPERT coding as an option to activate those DISA's on the 3-stage intake. Maybe this is beneficial to those wanting to do the intake mod and work the DISA's.

Also, a question on my own: Will this tune be better than the AA/BPC tune out there? By all means I'm not looking to swap my AA tune into this so called Mpower tune as the guy described in the video. I'm trying to keep my AA tune to tame those headers and the CEL's. But I just want to know if anyone would know of a genuine gain/advance to this hidden tune.
If you believe this, I have a bridge I'm looking to sell.

Total BS on many levels.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 12:29 PM   #3
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post

Total BS on many levels.
Well... N52 has power class that needs to be changed for more hp....

However, I do have super badges that I am willing to part with. Application is super easy. They just stick on your car and automatically increase power by 10hp.

BPC proved it working. Except, badges that I sell increase hp 10x more than BPC stickers as they are solid.

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 05:50 PM   #4
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

Quote:

Total BS on many levels.
give me a synopsis.

I hate rewarding BS artists on youtube with views.
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2019, 06:29 AM   #5
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

comic sans ... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
      07-06-2019, 10:22 AM   #6
desertman123
E82 Mudflap Ambassador
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 128i

Garage List
1992 Honda Beat  [9.50]
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
2014 BMW 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
comic sans ... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
even more blessed than papyrus
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      07-09-2019, 03:23 AM   #7
Savedamanualse90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6spd n52

I've seen this before which bmwdoctor states the 328i n52 has several oem tunes and settings which can be disabled/
Enabled. Ncsexpert allows access to these parameters/settings which can add some ponies. So I would recommend watching the video and judge the content. I doubt your 1 view can award him millions
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 08:46 AM   #8
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
BMWDoctor, No.

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck......Quack Quack.

This is total BS.

1. There is no setting to unlock power inside the DME. Forget it. The PowerClass byte is simply a validation byte to insure the Powerclass of the flashed tune matches the Powerclass in the car. This is the value that causes the DME to jump into limp mode if you flash a 330 tune into your 325. That's all. Changing the value, if you could, will not do anything.

2. The Software does not allow you to change the powerclass coding on any DME that has more than 10 hours recorded. Try it, it NCSexpert will write the code but it will not "stick". There are ways around the security but it's not going to happen like Mr. BMW Quack claims.

Each factory tune has something like 100 maps that are specific to that vehicle and powerclass. Fueling, Torque management, VVL, Ignition etc They are all modeled and matched for a specific power output, No way will a single switch modify 100 maps to realease more power.

If you have a 325,328 etc the best way to run the highest output tune created by BMW is to visit Bimmerlabs and download the tools / files that will actually work. Will take less time than watching the Quack show.
Appreciate 2
Biginboca3759.50
Rmtt8206.00
      07-09-2019, 10:48 AM   #9
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

Click. Bait.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 03:19 PM   #10
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

Quote:
BMWDoctor, No.

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck......Quack Quack.

This is total BS.

1. There is no setting to unlock power inside the DME. Forget it. The PowerClass byte is simply a validation byte to insure the Powerclass of the flashed tune matches the Powerclass in the car. This is the value that causes the DME to jump into limp mode if you flash a 330 tune into your 325. That's all. Changing the value, if you could, will not do anything.

2. The Software does not allow you to change the powerclass coding on any DME that has more than 10 hours recorded. Try it, it NCSexpert will write the code but it will not "stick". There are ways around the security but it's not going to happen like Mr. BMW Quack claims.

Each factory tune has something like 100 maps that are specific to that vehicle and powerclass. Fueling, Torque management, VVL, Ignition etc They are all modeled and matched for a specific power output, No way will a single switch modify 100 maps to realease more power.

If you have a 325,328 etc the best way to run the highest output tune created by BMW is to visit Bimmerlabs and download the tools / files that will actually work. Will take less time than watching the Quack show.
Thanks for the explanation. I, too, had my suspicions. For us who didn't go through the whole exploration venture learning these things from behind the scenes, there's no way I could validate/vindicate it. But glad you can help pointing it out, though. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0