E90Post
 


European Auto Source (EAS)
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > xHP Flashtool - Flash your automatic trans! Official thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-21-2019, 12:17 PM   #2795
Street of Rage
Second Lieutenant
Street of Rage's Avatar
United_States
40
Rep
226
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: 818 Northridge

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomth View Post
I'm interested about the XHP flash but I'm wondering what the impact of the flash is on the wear on gearbox parts of the 6-speed gearbox of the E92.Anyone knows something about that?
I've been on stage 3 for 2 years. No issue. Just perform regular maintenance!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 06:02 AM   #2796
135
Captain
Australia
66
Rep
612
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

iTrader: (4)

RBT-Tuning ???
Been waiting over two months for an answer on this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135 View Post
See below...


Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT-Tuning View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif2018 View Post
@RBT-Tuning

I know you mentioned Linear Throttle in MHD would screw things up, but...

Is it possible to add this improved Throttle response mod ...?

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...ottle+response



Either for D mode or S/M?

In the XHP app, or would this have to tuned in via MHD etc?
Throttle response and linear throttle are 2 different things. Response means how direct the throttle blade/engine load reacts to input changes on the pedal. That does not change anything for the trans. (well, not anything really important)

Linear changes the relation between stationary pedal value and the load so in effect it changes the Shiftpoints. (as thats based on pedal value) Maybe "screwed" is the wrong word, but the trans will just not shift like the mapper (being it us or BMW) had it in mind it should do it.

Yes, throttle response and linear throttle are two different things as mentioned in the throttle sensitivity threads...

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...0#post24653240
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterY View Post
Be mindful that throttle plate response and its actuation speed are a completely different thing to the "Linear Throttle" option that can be ticked in MHD, and of course different to turbo lag too. I only ever use linear throttle on my car under any case, not to be confused with the transient throttle response of an engine which is being discussed here.
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...1#post24705921
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterY View Post
Lastly, this throttle response fix is not the same as switching linear throttle on/off, people don't get it! Linear throttle option in MHD has to do with torque request table in the tune bin. I.e. if you press 10% throttle, the DME will target 10% of the available torque at the current rpm. Linear throttle means a 1:1 relationship, so 20% accelerator travel = 20% of the available torque, 40% accelerator = 40% torque... etc. The reason MHD included the linear throttle tick box is because from factory these cars have a non-linear throttle, for example: 10% throttle is 20% torque, 40% throttle is 80% torque... etc. by the time you get to 60% accelerator travel, the engine is already producing 100% of its torque, so it's basically full throttle at only 60% accelerator pedal travel, and the remaining 40% of the pedal travel is just a deadzone that doesn't do anything. In my opinion, ticking that MHD linear throttle option is a must, specially when these engines are tuned, the torque is very hard to control, and the longer pedal travel really helps applying the torque smoothly on corner exit without spinning the wheels.

The throttle fix that has been recently discovered is completely different to the throttle mapping and torque request tables, I thought I should clarify that because it's very easy to mix between a sharp throttle response, and a stupid bloated over-reactive accelerator input where 30% accelerator travel is equal to 60% of the available engine torque.

... but the throttle sensitivity threads also indicate that the throttle sensitivity table changes work best with a linear throttle.


A linear throttle (in conjunction with a more sensitive throttle) would be particular useful on a track/circuit so there is more pedal modulation (usable travel) available on corner entry/exit (percentage throttle).
Imagine if only 10mm of pedal travel was equal to 100% throttle - that would be impossible to modulate. Equally, 50% of usable pedal travel is twice as difficult to modulate compared to full (100% usable) pedal travel when you want to be as precise as possible with percentage throttle.


[COLOR="Red"]So the question is, how can the 6AT be tuned in xHP to work with a linear throttle?[/COLOR]
Maybe the shift points need to be based on the throttle position (not the pedal position).
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 01:31 PM   #2797
2007BMW335i
Private First Class
2007BMW335i's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
189
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lowell, AR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
It would be nice if the xHP flash could have a checkbox to use Accel pedal for trans input or throttle plate for trans input. That would make a DME tune with linear throttle and the throttle response work properly with the trans flash. (Not sure this is even possible.)

Or, they could get the torque request tables from MHD for linear throttle and make that a flashable option. Checkbox for normal throttle uses stock torque request tables, checkbox for MHD linear throttle uses MHD linear torque request tables.

I think as with MHD, they are working on newer models and don't have a lot of time for N54 advancement. I think you may you to find a custom tuner to help you with this... I have the xHP xdf and I'm working on my own engine tunes, but I can't make heads or tales out of the trans tune numbers.
__________________
149,000+ miles, MHD, VRSF 5" FMIC, Aluminum charge pipe. E50 tune by Wedge Performance. 3" Catless DP's. Secondary Cat Delete. DCI cold side w/silicone Inlets. N20 TMAP, "Stage 2" Walbro 450 LPFP. xHP Stage 3. 1/4 mile 12.079sec @ 118.79mph. (2.03 60')Before xHP flash and rear cat delete.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 10:23 PM   #2798
ocN55
Major
ocN55's Avatar
United_States
475
Rep
1,471
Posts

Drives: '15 M235i 6MT/ '16 M3
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: LA

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT-Tuning View Post
Q: I’m going to sell my car. May I re-use my bought License on my next vehicle?
A: Yes. Just uninstall xHP before giving away your car. You can then connect your License with your next vehicle.
Doesn't this mean that used xhp flash licenses can be sold?
__________________
FBO M235i r
F80 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 02:53 PM   #2799
Arthuar
Private First Class
10
Rep
104
Posts

Drives: BMW E91 330xd 2007
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Firenze, Italy

iTrader: (0)

@RBT-Tuning

Some weeks ago, I was going to purchase an e63 ( 635d).I think it's a good value car with a remarkable engine indeed.
If I wasn't wrong the Zf hp28 was the one on that.Then we might using xhp flashtool.

That car was made with the steptronic joistick model version; what kind of function the "Sport" button at the bottom will be assigned, once flashed?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 11:10 AM   #2800
2007BMW335i
Private First Class
2007BMW335i's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
189
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lowell, AR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthuar View Post
@RBT-Tuning

Some weeks ago, I was going to purchase an e63 ( 635d).I think it's a good value car with a remarkable engine indeed.
If I wasn't wrong the Zf hp28 was the one on that.Then we might using xhp flashtool.

That car was made with the steptronic joistick model version; what kind of function the "Sport" button at the bottom will be assigned, once flashed?

Thanks.
The sport button will function exactly the same as it does stock. Transmission will shift differently and how aggressive that is will depend on what stage you use.
__________________
149,000+ miles, MHD, VRSF 5" FMIC, Aluminum charge pipe. E50 tune by Wedge Performance. 3" Catless DP's. Secondary Cat Delete. DCI cold side w/silicone Inlets. N20 TMAP, "Stage 2" Walbro 450 LPFP. xHP Stage 3. 1/4 mile 12.079sec @ 118.79mph. (2.03 60')Before xHP flash and rear cat delete.
Appreciate 1
Arthuar10.00

      08-31-2019, 11:21 AM   #2801
Arthuar
Private First Class
10
Rep
104
Posts

Drives: BMW E91 330xd 2007
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Firenze, Italy

iTrader: (0)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007BMW335i View Post
The sport button will function exactly the same as it does stock. Transmission will shift differently and how aggressive that is will depend on what stage you use.
Got it.


Then if I had purchased the stage 3, with the custom included, as I got on my e91, what kind of effect means pushing the sport button?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 11:47 AM   #2802
2007BMW335i
Private First Class
2007BMW335i's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
189
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lowell, AR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthuar View Post
Got it.


Then if I had purchased the stage 3, with the custom included, as I got on my e91, what kind of effect means pushing the sport button?
If I remember correctly it will shift at a little higher RPM with a much firmer shift. I didn't like the higher RPM because I use Sport mode most of the time so I used the customizer to lower the shift points (RPM when it shifts)

I raised stock shift points and lowered sport shift points and set my max rpm to 6000 because the stock turbos fall off over 5500 rpm with 20 pounds of boost. (N54)

Setting the max rpm in manual also makes it automatically shift at that RPM, leave it high if you want to rev out on manual or set at your desired shift point.
__________________
149,000+ miles, MHD, VRSF 5" FMIC, Aluminum charge pipe. E50 tune by Wedge Performance. 3" Catless DP's. Secondary Cat Delete. DCI cold side w/silicone Inlets. N20 TMAP, "Stage 2" Walbro 450 LPFP. xHP Stage 3. 1/4 mile 12.079sec @ 118.79mph. (2.03 60')Before xHP flash and rear cat delete.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 01:12 PM   #2803
vespa
Second Lieutenant
142
Rep
299
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Thousand Oaks

iTrader: (0)

New user here, I just installed the Stage 2 Map and immediately ran into an issue of sorts. I live on a large hill and the drastically more aggressive engine braking is a big concern because it now holds my ice cold engine at 4000-5000 RPM for several minutes every morning while I descend into town. Of course I can paddle-shift my way out of this but I wonder if RBT-Tuning might be able to tweak the cold-engine behavior to be more gentle?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 03:21 AM   #2804
RBT-Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
RBT-Tuning's Avatar
Austria
631
Rep
653
Posts


Drives: 335i F31 xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
New user here, I just installed the Stage 2 Map and immediately ran into an issue of sorts. I live on a large hill and the drastically more aggressive engine braking is a big concern because it now holds my ice cold engine at 4000-5000 RPM for several minutes every morning while I descend into town. Of course I can paddle-shift my way out of this but I wonder if RBT-Tuning might be able to tweak the cold-engine behavior to be more gentle?
The trans supports braking, when you are constantly on the brake, without slowing down the vehicle. In that case it's allowed to downshift multiple times. It's not programmed directly that way, it just calculates on live-data.

This is a safety function, which is there to safe the brakes. We do not change anything with that. It may have been implemented different in the old stock file you had, but there is no change from our side.

Just brake periodically and not constantly and use the M function to select your desired gear.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 09:00 AM   #2805
135
Captain
Australia
66
Rep
612
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

iTrader: (4)

RBT-Tuning ???
Great to see you back on this thread. I've been waiting over three months for an answer on this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135 View Post
See below...


Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT-Tuning View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif2018 View Post
@RBT-Tuning

I know you mentioned Linear Throttle in MHD would screw things up, but...

Is it possible to add this improved Throttle response mod ...?

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...ottle+response



Either for D mode or S/M?

In the XHP app, or would this have to tuned in via MHD etc?
Throttle response and linear throttle are 2 different things. Response means how direct the throttle blade/engine load reacts to input changes on the pedal. That does not change anything for the trans. (well, not anything really important)

Linear changes the relation between stationary pedal value and the load so in effect it changes the Shiftpoints. (as thats based on pedal value) Maybe "screwed" is the wrong word, but the trans will just not shift like the mapper (being it us or BMW) had it in mind it should do it.

Yes, throttle response and linear throttle are two different things as mentioned in the throttle sensitivity threads...

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...0#post24653240
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterY View Post
Be mindful that throttle plate response and its actuation speed are a completely different thing to the "Linear Throttle" option that can be ticked in MHD, and of course different to turbo lag too. I only ever use linear throttle on my car under any case, not to be confused with the transient throttle response of an engine which is being discussed here.
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...1#post24705921
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterY View Post
Lastly, this throttle response fix is not the same as switching linear throttle on/off, people don't get it! Linear throttle option in MHD has to do with torque request table in the tune bin. I.e. if you press 10% throttle, the DME will target 10% of the available torque at the current rpm. Linear throttle means a 1:1 relationship, so 20% accelerator travel = 20% of the available torque, 40% accelerator = 40% torque... etc. The reason MHD included the linear throttle tick box is because from factory these cars have a non-linear throttle, for example: 10% throttle is 20% torque, 40% throttle is 80% torque... etc. by the time you get to 60% accelerator travel, the engine is already producing 100% of its torque, so it's basically full throttle at only 60% accelerator pedal travel, and the remaining 40% of the pedal travel is just a deadzone that doesn't do anything. In my opinion, ticking that MHD linear throttle option is a must, specially when these engines are tuned, the torque is very hard to control, and the longer pedal travel really helps applying the torque smoothly on corner exit without spinning the wheels.

The throttle fix that has been recently discovered is completely different to the throttle mapping and torque request tables, I thought I should clarify that because it's very easy to mix between a sharp throttle response, and a stupid bloated over-reactive accelerator input where 30% accelerator travel is equal to 60% of the available engine torque.

... but the throttle sensitivity threads also indicate that the throttle sensitivity table changes work best with a linear throttle.


A linear throttle (in conjunction with a more sensitive throttle) would be particular useful on a track/circuit so there is more pedal modulation (usable travel) available on corner entry/exit (percentage throttle).
Imagine if only 10mm of pedal travel was equal to 100% throttle - that would be impossible to modulate. Equally, 50% of usable pedal travel is twice as difficult to modulate compared to full (100% usable) pedal travel when you want to be as precise as possible with percentage throttle.


[COLOR="Red"]So the question is, how can the 6AT be tuned in xHP to work with a linear throttle?[/COLOR]
Maybe the shift points need to be based on the throttle position (not the pedal position).
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 10:08 PM   #2806
vespa
Second Lieutenant
142
Rep
299
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Thousand Oaks

iTrader: (0)

Yes, all this throttle talk has confused me as well. First I think we should avoid using the term "throttle" unless we're actually referring to the boost control system. What matters to us here are the terms load request and pedal position. MHD offers an option to linearly map pedal to load and it sounds like maybe one of the parameters that the transmission responds to is pedal position. If so, the MHD remap would screw up the TCU behavior by changing the correlation between pedal and load.

RBT - can you confirm that the TCU responds to pedal position in addition to pedal speed, load request, RPM, speed, Torque, etc.? If so, would you consider adding an option to your maps that would restore proper correlation when MHD's linear throttle option is selected?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 01:13 AM   #2807
Coupes33
Major
257
Rep
1,071
Posts

Drives: 2006 335i, 2017 Audi S3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

I have xHP Stage 3 tune installed in an upgraded Nizpro transmission. The transmission has performed very well launching in 1st gear at the drags but I would like to be able to launch in 2nd gear so as to eliminate the time lost with the 1st to 2nd gear change. On the 2 occasions that I have attempted a 2nd gear launch in M mode, the transmission automatically changes from 2nd into 3rd at around 3,500 rpm. Is there any way of stopping this from occurring? Log of last attempt is below. Somehow achieved a 11.159s @ 128mph on this run.

https://datazap.me/u/coupes44/datalo...84&tmax=340.46
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 03:29 AM   #2808
RBT-Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
RBT-Tuning's Avatar
Austria
631
Rep
653
Posts


Drives: 335i F31 xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
RBT - can you confirm that the TCU responds to pedal position in addition to pedal speed, load request, RPM, speed, Torque, etc.? If so, would you consider adding an option to your maps that would restore proper correlation when MHD's linear throttle option is selected?
No, sorry. Thats totally out of scope to redo all maps just for linear. Thats not a simple change the App could do by itself.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 03:30 AM   #2809
RBT-Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
RBT-Tuning's Avatar
Austria
631
Rep
653
Posts


Drives: 335i F31 xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes33 View Post
I have xHP Stage 3 tune installed in an upgraded Nizpro transmission. The transmission has performed very well launching in 1st gear at the drags but I would like to be able to launch in 2nd gear so as to eliminate the time lost with the 1st to 2nd gear change. On the 2 occasions that I have attempted a 2nd gear launch in M mode, the transmission automatically changes from 2nd into 3rd at around 3,500 rpm. Is there any way of stopping this from occurring? Log of last attempt is below. Somehow achieved a 11.159s @ 128mph on this run.

https://datazap.me/u/coupes44/datalo...84&tmax=340.46
Thats not something the trans does intentionally..thats a limp error because of internal clutch slip. Not much you can do about that, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 01:07 PM   #2810
Nanometer
Private
Nanometer's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: 2017 M3 Competition & CCB
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: West Hills, CA

iTrader: (0)

Any updates if X5 50i will get support? E, F, or G chassis?
__________________
2017 M3 Competition & Carbon Brakes
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 08:44 AM   #2811
iqraceworks
Second Lieutenant
iqraceworks's Avatar
50
Rep
215
Posts

Drives: None
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: SM Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Do I have to buy the general license with one of flash tunes in order to scan TCU faults with xHP? Or can I do that for free without buying a license?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST