E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Advice on some new products

02-25-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
KyleY911
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Silver BMW 325i

Advice on some new products

Well I've always done the basic wash and occasional wax but never did a complete detail of my car. I have TiAg 325 and under street lights at night i can see slight swirl marks. In the daytime you can't even tell but like i said under the lights you can. How can i get rid of these? from what i understand polishing removes swirl marks but if you can't polish by hand and if i don't quite feel like making the investment in the porter cable and whatnot are there any other solutions? as you can tell i'm a newbie so i may sound like a complete retard. any suggestions or advice is welcome and appreciated
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
pander5
Special Forces - Discretion is superior
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe Sapphire Black

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Swirls are just about impossible to remove by hand. A machine is necessary to cut them down enough for removal. TiAg is very forgiving in that it hides them very well. If you want them removed you might want to consult a good reputable pro detailer and then refine your washing and drying techniques so you don't reintroduce them as quickly.

The other option is to fill them with filler polishes and/or wax. Personally I don't ever fill them because they'll reappear and drive you nuts again.
      02-25-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
oneshare325
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pander5 View Post
Swirls are just about impossible to remove by hand. A machine is necessary to cut them down enough for removal. TiAg is very forgiving in that it hides them very well. If you want them removed you might want to consult a good reputable pro detailer and then refine your washing and drying techniques so you don't reintroduce them as quickly.

The other option is to fill them with filler polishes and/or wax. Personally I don't ever fill them because they'll reappear and drive you nuts again.
+1...

You could try a product called Scratch X( http://www.autogeek.net/megscratxfin.html ) Some say it works, but I disagree, maybe it helped the slightest bit in my case, but it is alot cheaper that a PC if you are thinking about it that way.

I suggest you save up and just go for the PC it really is worth it!!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
DetailAddict
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i

here is a good read for your common products...

http://autopia.org/forum/hall-fame/7...t=filler+zymol

I use Menzerna + PC
Appreciate 0