E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > F30 318d Courtesy car

07-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
DarkAnt335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 C2S & '118D

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [0.00]
F30 318d Courtesy car

Wow,

Very impressed.

After my car being towed away due to miss firing on Saturday, BMW(Enterprise) delivered to me a brand new 318d. I didn't think that the car would be noticeably different to the current e9* range. But it was, the car feels very very well finished, the interior is nicely laid out with most of the gadgets you would ever need. The dash is nice and clear and the steering wheel feels nice. But most importantly the drive is lovely, the steering feel is horrid, with the new crappy electric PAS, but the accuracy and direct'ness' is amazingly sharp. The car feels lighter on its feet than our 118D. The 4 different modes, eco pro - sport+ actually make the car perform differently and the manual gearbox feels much better suited to the engine that the manual we have in our 118d.

All in all a nicely finished, fun driving package. Normally i don't get on with low powered cars especially diesels but this has changed my mind, i could probably live with a car like that, if i didn't do any track time.
Appreciate 0