E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Mad at Tischer !

12-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #23
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
what a surprise............

good luck to you!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #24
Royal Flush
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDaBoss View Post
$70.83 $70.83
Sub Total $70.83
Shipping $90.56
Handling Fee $4.95
Tax $0.00
Total $166.34

so this is my payment page sorry i got my pricing wrong i paid 70 for them which means i paid even more in shipping $20 dollars more than the actual part
What kind of shipping did you get? It wasn't as clear in the previous posts.

(Add Evan and Jason on AIM. They get online at around 8AM EST.)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #25
AndyDaBoss
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TiAg 08' E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Flush View Post
What kind of shipping did you get? It wasn't as clear in the previous posts.

(Add Evan and Jason on AIM. They get online at around 8AM EST.)
i clicked on the 2nd day shipping at first i thought that $4 dollar fee was my shipping then i took a look at it and it said it is tbd so i was like okay i guess it wont be too much then BAM $90
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #26
EYE4SPEED
Ex-Diesel Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5

Like the old eBayers - 99 cents for your product, 10 bucks for shipping and "handling".

I'm not sure why they won't take calls. That really discouraged me from ordering - waiting for AIM to talk to someone you are about to drop a load of money on. Some dealers will match their price which works out better. Often times the local tax you will pay is a lot less than the shipping online places charge. Plus, you can return things to the dealer that don't fit or don't like right after you inspect it.

I still don't like the TBD charge, it is like writing a blank check. Hope you get it worked out.
      12-09-2011, 03:53 AM   #27
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Reason they don't publish a PH# is that they are actually a dealer and don't have time to answer 1000+ dumb calls from people requesting pricing quotes. They advertise on many other forums as well as in BMW magazines.

I have never had a problem getting in touch with Evan thru email - he always answers the same day. He has helped me out with special parts, and part numbers MANY times - some of it which took some time researching on his part

And yes, their shipping is slightly high, I don't think I ever paid less than $14.95 for any part I ordered (but never the amount you paid), but their part pricing is very good and no tax

Basically their part pricing & shipping charges are fixed, they do not lower either any further than they already are as posted. If the invoice stated 'TBD' for the shipping, I would have definitely got in touch with either Evan or Jason before ordering.
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 05:25 AM   #28
jzchen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi E90

Uh, guys, this part is big! It spans I would say 3/4 of the width of the car, and is approximately 1 ft. wide. Correct me if I'm wrong but it is the lower microfilter housing cover that you ordered?

I'm not too surprised at the cost of shipping for this size of a product.

(Try taking prices to a local dealer, as others have mentioned.)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #29
AndyDaBoss
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [4.50]
Well Jason from Tischer did email me back and yes they did let me know that shipping would be $50-100 through air mail but again i was caught up by the cheap pricing that i did not notice how much it would actually cost to ship something that size. hopefully they let me get a refund because buying the part from my dealership might actually be a lot cheaper . Hopefully no one took this thread negatively about Tischer cause they are indeed legit !
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #30
getBMWparts
Rep
Drives: BMW Parts

Quote:
So i ordered a new cowl for my e90 and it costed a fairly low price of $80 , however i was charged an extra $90 dollars for shipping ! it didnt even show up in my confirmation page because it said tbd . so shipping costed more than the part itself
Hey Andy, thank you again for your order. There's one important fact about this order that you're leaving out here - you actually selected 'Next Day Air' shipping service at checkout on our stie. I have already responded to your e-mail this morning(sent to us last evening(around 8:30pm EST - after the close of business yesterday) explaining the process that we went through in order to see that you received this order by the end of the week. The part was out of stock when ordered, so we overnighted it from BMW at no additional charge to you. The order was then shipped out to you on the following business day via UPS Next Day Air per your request(@ $90.56 - actual cost to ship a package with these dimensions via UPS Next Day Air). The package is scheduled to be delivered to your door today.

Our site Shipping Policy specifically states that UPS Next Day Air shipments will cost $50-$100.00+. This information is also presented to the customer, at checkout - for approval, before an order can be submitted:

Shipping charges for UPS Next Day Air are calculated and added at time of shipment and are typically $60.00+ and depend on part(s) availabilty. If ordered on a Friday, and you want the order delivered on a Saturday, please note in the customer comments section your approval for Saturday Delivery. *We'll do everything possible to make your shipping charges as low as possible - thank you for your trust! *By submitting your order, you agree to our Shipping Policy found on the site. CLICK HERE to view our shipping policy prior to checking the box below.

[ ] I have read and understand these Shipping Instructions.

Folks, please give us ample time to respond to an e-mail complaint before posting the 'I hate Tischer' threads - oftentimes the issue can be explained or cleared up without the need to take it public.

Andy, if you need anything else - please feel free to respond to my e-mail from this morning
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #31
AndyDaBoss
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@Tischer View Post
Hey Andy, thank you again for your order. There's one important fact about this order that you're leaving out here - you actually selected 'Next Day Air' shipping service at checkout on our stie. I have already responded to your e-mail this morning(sent to us last evening(around 8:30pm EST - after the close of business yesterday) explaining the process that we went through in order to see that you received this order by the end of the week. The part was out of stock when ordered, so we overnighted it from BMW at no additional charge to you. The order was then shipped out to you on the following business day via UPS Next Day Air per your request(@ $90.56 - actual cost to ship a package with these dimensions via UPS Next Day Air). The package is scheduled to be delivered to your door today.

Our site Shipping Policy specifically states that UPS Next Day Air shipments will cost $50-$100.00+. This information is also presented to the customer, at checkout - for approval, before an order can be submitted:

Shipping charges for UPS Next Day Air are calculated and added at time of shipment and are typically $60.00+ and depend on part(s) availabilty. If ordered on a Friday, and you want the order delivered on a Saturday, please note in the customer comments section your approval for Saturday Delivery. *We'll do everything possible to make your shipping charges as low as possible - thank you for your trust! *By submitting your order, you agree to our Shipping Policy found on the site. CLICK HERE to view our shipping policy prior to checking the box below.

[ ] I have read and understand these Shipping Instructions.

Folks, please give us ample time to respond to an e-mail complaint before posting the 'I hate Tischer' threads - oftentimes the issue can be explained or cleared up without the need to take it public.

Andy, if you need anything else - please feel free to respond to my e-mail from this morning

sorry Jason but i know for a fact i clicked the "Next 2 day shipping" because i ordered this product on Wednesday and i was hoping to get it on Friday because my other product would be here Friday (Today) as well . i will have to get back to this later got school to attend !
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #32
getBMWparts
Rep
Drives: BMW Parts

Quote:
sorry Jason but i know for a fact i clicked the "Next 2 day shipping" because i ordered this product on Wednesday and i was hoping to get it on Friday because my other product would be here Friday (Today) as well . i will have to get back to this later got school to attend !
You have mail..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #33
AndyDaBoss
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [4.50]
*UPDATE* Tischer refunded me $45 back for shipping which makes me more than satisfied . looking forward to doing business with them again !
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 03:39 AM   #34
gcreese
gcreese
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Coupe

I bought from Tischer recently and was significantly underwhelmed. The issue is they're using a terrible eCommerce engine (hard to find what you want, no BMW part numbers in the description, shipping costs not visible early). When I complained, they responded quickly (they get kudos for that) and said, "Email us, we'll figure it out." What they're missing is I don't want to spend time going back and forth. I want to find what I want online with a minimum of fuss, order it, and get on with my life. Their high touch approach may work with BMW fans who like to "talk BMW" with others, but the site is stuck ten years in the past given the current state of eCommerce.

2010 535i xDrive Sport Wagon (April 2009): Deep Sea Blue / Cream Beige / Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages
2011 335i xDrive Coupe (April 2011, European Delivery): Le Mans Blue / Oyster-Black / M Sport, Premium, Convenience Packages

Last edited by gcreese; 12-10-2011 at 05:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #35
arctic330i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35i

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i E90  [8.08]
2013 BMW 335is  [10.00]
I know the feeling. I had a $76 order, and UPS 2 day air at $85... But you don’t know the total until later. I understand the whole “we must calculate thing” but I did not expect to spend more on the item for shipping. If you could have sent me an email saying, “ok shipping will come to a ridiculous $85, should we go ahead?” then we could decide before you charge the card...
      12-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #36
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freak Beast

I love buying from Tischer. Incredibly fast "normal" shipping and have always been great!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #37
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

It's like those annoying listings on eBay that lists an $100 item for $5 and $95 for shipping. Of course the pricing will vary, the concept of it all is stupid. Now I'm contemplating picking up my Performance rocker panels from Tischer