E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Montreal Members Thread (#4)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #1717
catherineanh
Captain
Canada
61
Rep
884
Posts

Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
If I want my eyebrows done, why would I want to go to people who want my scalp Am i missing anything here



they are cheap! 4$ for your eyebrows
we can go together !!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #1718
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
Chris you're regifting a gift!!! Badddd ! haha
Well it's worse than regifting, he's selling it
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #1719
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
they are cheap! 4$ for your eyebrows
we can go together !!
Huh? I'll have to think about it!
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #1720
catherineanh
Captain
Canada
61
Rep
884
Posts

Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Well it's worse than regifting, he's selling it
yeah i meant selling* ahahha
my bad haha
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #1721
catherineanh
Captain
Canada
61
Rep
884
Posts

Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Huh? I'll have to think about it!
actually the indian eyebrow places are FEMALES ONLY
sorry ken!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #1722
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
actually the indian eyebrow places are FEMALES ONLYsorry ken!
LOL! discrimination, not fair
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #1723
montreal red
chris
montreal red's Avatar
Canada
209
Rep
12,131
Posts

Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
Chris you're regifting a gift!!! Badddd ! haha
haha ... well no... i am selling the gift.. at least i am not giving it to someone else. its not as bad. i'll use the money to buy something for the car that i can use... so the phone would have been 'useful' to me.
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #1724
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanosracing View Post
That is great, it evens out the playing field and sets the men apart from the boys. This is where you see who has driving skills and who is smooth with the throttle and steering.

One of the best sessions I ever had at Tremblant was in changing conditions, rain from turn 6 through 10 dry from 14 to 5. If it rains hard watch out for the little stream accross the track around turn 6.
If it is gonna rain, the best scenario would be to start the day with rain, then clearing for the rest of the day. Folks get to work on their smoothness and gradually pick up pace as the day advances. The other way around usually includes more spin outs than necessary.

Although we cannot choose what mother nature has in store for us!
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #1725
catherineanh
Captain
Canada
61
Rep
884
Posts

Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
haha ... well no... i am selling the gift.. at least i am not giving it to someone else. its not as bad. i'll use the money to buy something for the car that i can use... so the phone would have been 'useful' to me.
what's next for froggy?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #1726
Nikos335i
Brigadier General
Nikos335i's Avatar
Greece
86
Rep
3,822
Posts

Drives: 2012 B8 S4 & 2013 F30 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2012 Audi S4  [4.50]
2007 E90 335i  [4.50]
2011 Audi A4 Avant  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
If it is gonna rain, the best scenario would be to start the day with rain, then clearing for the rest of the day. Folks get to work on their smoothness and gradually pick up pace as the day advances. The other way around usually includes more spin outs than necessary.

Although we cannot choose what mother nature has in store for us!
I love the rain Ken. Remember our great session last year!!!!





Well I remember I had a great session, passing everything in sight, pissing off George, .... lol!!!
__________________
'12 B8 S4 Ice Silver on Black/Premium/DSG/Sport Diff/Nav/Carbon Inlays/19' Titanium Wheels/RS4 Grill/AWE exhaust/Alu Kreuz/H&R OE/Pagid RS19
'13 F30 328xi Sapphire Black/Coral Red/Sportline/gloss black with matte red/Style 397 18" wheels
gone: '07 E90 335i, Alpine White/Black with aluminum/sport/ steptronic/paddles/premium/Logic7
gone: '06 E61 530xi Sapphire Black/Black with aluminum/premium/panoramic sunroof/Logic7/PDC
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #1727
Nikos335i
Brigadier General
Nikos335i's Avatar
Greece
86
Rep
3,822
Posts

Drives: 2012 B8 S4 & 2013 F30 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2012 Audi S4  [4.50]
2007 E90 335i  [4.50]
2011 Audi A4 Avant  [5.00]
Good luck to our habs they need it!!!!
__________________
'12 B8 S4 Ice Silver on Black/Premium/DSG/Sport Diff/Nav/Carbon Inlays/19' Titanium Wheels/RS4 Grill/AWE exhaust/Alu Kreuz/H&R OE/Pagid RS19
'13 F30 328xi Sapphire Black/Coral Red/Sportline/gloss black with matte red/Style 397 18" wheels
gone: '07 E90 335i, Alpine White/Black with aluminum/sport/ steptronic/paddles/premium/Logic7
gone: '06 E61 530xi Sapphire Black/Black with aluminum/premium/panoramic sunroof/Logic7/PDC
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #1728
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos335i View Post
Good luck to our habs they need it!!!!
May the price be with you!
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #1729
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos335i View Post
I love the rain Ken. Remember our great session last year!!!!





Well I remember I had a great session, passing everything in sight, pissing off George, .... lol!!!
You were flying! everybody else sliding.....
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #1730
CanAutM3
Lieutenant General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
7736
Rep
14,408
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.29]
Hi folks,

It was nice to meet some of you this Saturday. It is always a pleasure to meet fellow enthusiasts. Thanks to Catherine for setting this up .

To answer some of the questions about my LCMT lap video, the only mods I have on my car are Nitto NT01s 275/35-18 all around, GC camber plates and PF08 brake pads. All the rest is stock. I try to keep mods to a minimum as I am firm believer that the part that needs to most improvement is the one between the seat and the steering wheel .

As for tires, not all street tires or r-comps are created equal. The NT01s are relatively mild r-comps and give me about 2 seconds a lap compared to my PSS (I run 1:57s with the PSS). The NT01 are worth about 1 second compared to NT05s or AD08s. More aggressive r-comps like Hoosiers will cut another 1 to 2 seconds compared to the NT01s. The reason I use r-comps is that street tires just melt away when pushed harder and it becomes quite expensive...

Hopefully I'll see some of you at the track this summer

Last edited by CanAutM3; 05-07-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #1731
ms372
White Shark
ms372's Avatar
Canada
48
Rep
922
Posts

Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos335i View Post
Good luck to our habs they need it!!!!
yeah buddy 2-0 ! for now
__________________
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #1732
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
74
Rep
4,780
Posts

Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

iTrader: (9)

.... aaaaaaand another set of mods are installed:

- upgraded fuel pump
- stage 2+ reflash to take advantage of it
- NT05s
- and a freaking motor urethane mount to fix the flex that the stock one has (one of the hardest mods I ever installed, if only because it required using power tools while lying upside down under the car, chopping up rubber wedged into the aluminium subframe).

Track time.

[edit] also this means I am *done* with engine mods, I think! (unless I find a cheap FMIC and feel I really need it).
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #1733
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Hi folks,

It was nice to meet some of you this Saturday. It is always a pleasure to meet fellow enthusiasts. Thanks to Catherine for setting this up .

To answer some of the questions about my LCMT lap video, the only mods I have on my car are Nitto NT01s 275/35-18 all around, GC camber plates and PF08 brake pads. All the rest is stock. I try to keep mods to a minimum as I am firm believer that the part that needs to most improvement is the one between the seat and the steering wheel .

As for tires, not all street tires or r-comps are created equal. The NT01s are relatively mild r-comps and give me about 2 seconds a lap compared to my PSS (I run 1:57s with the PSS). The NT01 are worth about 1 second compared to NT05s or AD08s. More aggressive r-comps like Hoosiers will cut another 1 to 2 seconds compared to the NT01s. The reason I use r-comps is that street tires just melt away when pushed harder and it becomes quite expensive...

Hopefully I'll see some of you at the track this summer
You are one very quick driver, regardless of mods. Welcome to the group! And hope to meet you in the future.

I remember a few years ago, could be in 2009, there was a very quick light blue DCT M3 at Sanair BMW QC event. Was that you?

__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #1734
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
.... aaaaaaand another set of mods are installed:

- upgraded fuel pump
- stage 2+ reflash to take advantage of it
- NT05s
- and a freaking motor urethane mount to fix the flex that the stock one has (one of the hardest mods I ever installed, if only because it required using power tools while lying upside down under the car, chopping up rubber wedged into the aluminium subframe).

Track time.

[edit] also this means I am *done* with engine mods, I think! (unless I find a cheap FMIC and feel I really need it).
on a lease no less

Ok, not my business

I was hoping to try the car stock, but no can do
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #1735
CanAutM3
Lieutenant General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
7736
Rep
14,408
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.29]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
You are one very quick driver, regardless of mods. Welcome to the group! And hope to meet you in the future.

I remember a few years ago, could be in 2009, there was a very quick light blue DCT M3 at Sanair BMW QC event. Was that you?

Very likely, I do all the BMW Qc club events and I have not seen many other SSIIs.

Looking forward to meeting you too
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #1736
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Very possible, I do all the BMW Qc club events and I have not seen many other SSIIs.

Looking forward to meeting you too
Ha ha! Exactly what I was thinking, so it was you. You weren't interested in becoming an instructor? I know it's hard work....
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #1737
Nikos335i
Brigadier General
Nikos335i's Avatar
Greece
86
Rep
3,822
Posts

Drives: 2012 B8 S4 & 2013 F30 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2012 Audi S4  [4.50]
2007 E90 335i  [4.50]
2011 Audi A4 Avant  [5.00]
Go Habs Go!!!!

__________________
'12 B8 S4 Ice Silver on Black/Premium/DSG/Sport Diff/Nav/Carbon Inlays/19' Titanium Wheels/RS4 Grill/AWE exhaust/Alu Kreuz/H&R OE/Pagid RS19
'13 F30 328xi Sapphire Black/Coral Red/Sportline/gloss black with matte red/Style 397 18" wheels
gone: '07 E90 335i, Alpine White/Black with aluminum/sport/ steptronic/paddles/premium/Logic7
gone: '06 E61 530xi Sapphire Black/Black with aluminum/premium/panoramic sunroof/Logic7/PDC
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #1738
CanAutM3
Lieutenant General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
7736
Rep
14,408
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.29]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Ha ha! Exactly what I was thinking, so it was you. You weren't interested in becoming an instructor? I know it's hard work....
I am an instructor

...and yes, it is a lot of work, but lots of fun too.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST