E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Autotecknic review

04-25-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
Kienvu14
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07' E90 N54 Aspen White

I was in the market for an affordable pair of carbon fiber mirror covers and a carbon fiber trunk lip. Autotecknic seemed affordable and I took the chance. Shipping was decent, purchased it Sunday and received it Wednesday. Product was damaged by usps (spoiler ) while one seemed to be damaged by the manufacturer (Chinese mirror covers). I contacted Neil by phone and he assured me that he would next day air me a new set and not to worry about it. This phone call was at 4:00pm colorado time and 3:00 California time. Neil said "yea I'll get that taken care of now and you'll get a tracking for both items shortly. Seems good customer service and all.......until it was 6:57pm California time and he emails me back and states that the best he can do for me is standard usps shipping. He decides to reply back to me 3 minutes before they close and now I have to wait to see what they're actually doing. Now I'm sitting here and confused about how he just promised me next day air and he'll get it fixed but now it's something else. Bleh shake it off. Two days later I call back to find out Neil hasn't done anything for me but another worker Jeremy finally sends the two boxes out for me and gives me the tracking number over the phone. This is going ok now it seems. It's now Friday and I'm just waiting for the new boxes but to my surprise I get a email from Neil with no subject. Just two return labels. To my surprise they are "PRIORITY MAIL 1 DAY SHIPPING". Now sitting here I'm confused and saying WTF. You just said you're not able to send me my new and undamaged products 1 day shipping but are willing to pay for return shipping 1 day mail for damaged goods?! I understand that usps damaged one and the other was manufactured bad and all but you can sit there and promise one thing then get back to me two days later with something else. Never again Autotecknic
      04-25-2014, 11:01 PM   #2
Kienvu14
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The shipping label for 1 day shipping and he damaged cf
Attached Images

03-16-2015, 04:48 AM   #3
Foxes
Private
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i

Ouch, I was about to consider myself both the cf lip spoiler M3 style and cf side mirrors from Autotecknic. However after seeing this I may have to rethink my decision. May I ask how you were able to identify China being the country of manufacture?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 03:37 AM   #4
Kienvu14
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXXY
Ouch, I was about to consider myself both the cf lip spoiler M3 style and cf side mirrors from Autotecknic. However after seeing this I may have to rethink my decision. May I ask how you were able to identify China being the country of manufacture?
Came with Chinese instructions and the "3m" tape isn't 3m. Chinese double sided sticky tape that you will have to replace one a year. One mirror cap came off and I just redid it with 3M tape from Amazon.
      03-17-2015, 05:39 AM   #5
Foxes
Private
Malaysia
Rep

How has the fitment and finish held up so far? Both Taiwan and China share the Chinese language as a mother tongue. Hence its easy to mistake lesser Chinese products with much better Taiwanese made ones. I'm still on the fence about the covers, my main concern is that they might bubble over time especially under the elements.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 01:53 AM   #6
Kienvu14
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
How has the fitment and finish held up so far? Both Taiwan and China share the Chinese language as a mother tongue. Hence its easy to mistake lesser Chinese products with much better Taiwanese made ones. I'm still on the fence about the covers, my main concern is that they might bubble over time especially under the elements.
They're not bad. They've held up fine. It'll hold up for ever if there is no imperfections in the clear coat. The moment you receive it check for any imperfections in the clear coat that show signs of cracking or chipping. The mirror caps are nice, they are the nice 2x2 design vs the trunk lip being an ugly 1x1 design. I gave up and just kept them on. Buy the caps and find someone else with the 2x2 trunk lip
      03-18-2015, 10:37 PM   #7
Foxes
Private
Malaysia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kienvu14 View Post
They're not bad. They've held up fine. It'll hold up for ever if there is no imperfections in the clear coat. The moment you receive it check for any imperfections in the clear coat that show signs of cracking or chipping. The mirror caps are nice, they are the nice 2x2 design vs the trunk lip being an ugly 1x1 design. I gave up and just kept them on. Buy the caps and find someone else with the 2x2 trunk lip
Thanks for the tip! One more thing though, are your covers the clip on type which requires removal of the original covers or are they held in place by 3M on top of the originals?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 10:44 PM   #8
Kienvu14
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the tip! One more thing though, are your covers the clip on type which requires removal of the original covers or are they held in place by 3M on top of the originals?
3m
Over top.
      03-19-2015, 10:35 PM   #9
Foxes
Private
Malaysia
Rep

Quote:
3m
Over top.
Thanks for the advice Kienvu, I will probably be getting the clip on ones which will replace the existing covers.
Appreciate 0