E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Who can clone a Dme?

05-16-2020, 08:49 AM   #1
e92twin@@
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW f80 M3 current

Who can clone a Dme?

I have a 09 bmw 328xi n52, my dme got water damage some pins have corrosion. I’m getting misfire’s in multiple cylinders no throttle response and a bunch of codes, sometimes the car just cranks and doesn’t start.

So who knows someone that can clone a dme to a used dme (msv80.1) I bought one from junkyard, I want it to be plug and play.

Any help is appreciated thanks
      05-18-2020, 03:01 AM   #2
Supapac
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 328xi

I literally went through this two months ago. My dme wasn’t bad, it was actually my cas that went bad. Of course, I had cloned my dme thinking it was bad. Any way I found this guy in Brooklyn that did it all for me. He can do it in under 2 hours. Reasonable pricing too

His contact on IG is: https://instagram.com/bimmer_coding_...d=pms6vi9wkblr

His number is: 9175009173
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #3
e92twin@@
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supapac View Post
I literally went through this two months ago. My dme wasn’t bad, it was actually my cas that went bad. Of course, I had cloned my dme thinking it was bad. Any way I found this guy in Brooklyn that did it all for me. He can do it in under 2 hours. Reasonable pricing too

His contact on IG is: https://instagram.com/bimmer_coding_...d=pms6vi9wkblr

His number is: 9175009173

Thanks man I’ll give him a call, and damn that’s why I was checking everything but hard to even test a cas module, I was just thinking of getting a whole new unit online that comes with key, cas module and dme and just swap everything. I would still need to get key codes to open/close doors. But when I opened the dme a lot of pins where bad and I did clean them but one pin like almost broke off. I got all new coils plugs cam sensors cleaned vanos and throttle body did throttle reset but nothing helped. Also did new crank sensor. Battery is fully charged, I also get no power to the first row of green fuses in the fuse box behind glovebox when key is in ignition and those fuses say they are for the engine.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 10:02 PM   #4
Supapac
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 328xi

Well, he needed the cas and key when he cloned my DME. The used DME I got was trash and made the car act up. Luckily, it was my cas (which he can check) that was bad and he fixed it for me. So he re-cloned my original DME back to my now fixed cas and my car started right up. Or else I would have had to get a new cas , key and matching DME.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 07:03 AM   #5
cgbimmer
2007 335xi
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supapac View Post
Well, he needed the cas and key when he cloned my DME. The used DME I got was trash and made the car act up. Luckily, it was my cas (which he can check) that was bad and he fixed it for me. So he re-cloned my original DME back to my now fixed cas and my car started right up. Or else I would have had to get a new cas , key and matching DME.
Good to see you got car fixed.. Just wondering any idea how much he charges to clone dme and cas?I ordered a used msd81 with cas and key to upgrade my msd80 was going to send out but would rather drive and wait I am in ct thanks
2007 335xi Daw stage 2 old wheel custom 2.25 relocation inlets vrsf alum outlets.Vrsf 5'' stepped intercooler.stage 2 bucket lpfp.BQ tune xhp stage 3 tranny flash.vrsf downpipes modified 3in exhaust.ER charge pipe tial bov.Custom oil cooler..cic retrofit.koni shocks h@r sport spring staggered conti tir
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 12:57 AM   #6
e92twin@@
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbimmer View Post
Good to see you got car fixed.. Just wondering any idea how much he charges to clone dme and cas?I ordered a used msd81 with cas and key to upgrade my msd80 was going to send out but would rather drive and wait I am in ct thanks
shoot him a call or text number is above post, he is really good at what he does and can help you out, you can also ship everything out to him and he can ship it back.
      08-21-2020, 12:01 PM   #7
335ination
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Hello everyone!

I had an issue with my DME and CAS module being out of sync.
On E9x model BMWs it is NOT possible to sync DME and CAS via INPA, ISTA or NCS Expert. You MUST remove the DME and CAS and get it repaired/synced.

I contacted https://www.instagram.com/bimmer_coding_us/
He knows what is doing! Very Professional and fast.

He worked on my modules for 6 hours, and I w got them back because Im local.
He will also take shipments and ship your modules back.

I HIGHLY recommend you go with this guy, He is very affordable as well.
Don't waste your time trying to DIY.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 02:17 PM   #8
maarzz
E92 335i P/S/C Pkg Monteg blue
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i PSCW-Pkg Montego blue

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Hi, I stumbled on this post searching for DME related issues. Does anyone have a name/number for the above mentioned DME expert in NYC? I messaged him on Insta but was not sure if this guy is still active. Thx