E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > CIC Glove Box USB not working

05-23-2020, 03:46 PM   #1
John.duh
Rep
Drives:

CIC Glove Box USB not working

Hi

Tried searching but couldn't find a definitive answer, so I decided to post.

The problem I'm facing is the glove box USB doesn't show up on the CIC.

Here's the background.
My car came with a CCC. I had a CIC with combox and rear view camera upgrade installed. All was working fine but wanted DAB, so bought another CIC, which the seller said he would code for my car. The unit arrived and I went ahead and installed an 256Gb SSD instead of the 80gig HD before putting it in the car.
Once in the car, I didn't have bluetooth nor rearview camera. The rest was working fine, including the 2020 maps in navigation.

Did some searching, got a bimmergeeks cable and with the help of NCSexpert got my CIC talking to the combox and the camera again.

Now I wanted to fill up the SSD with music so that I can get rid of my ipod.

I tried literally all my USB sticks from a 200Gb down to a 4 gig in FAT32, FAT16 and NTFS. None of them show up when in the glove box. (they play fine under the armrest (6FL))
When searching the only thing I find is recoding the CIC with the current code. I've already done that to get BT working. Is there any option code i need to add to the VO? Or an option in the CIC to get it to look for that USB?

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by John.duh; 06-01-2020 at 08:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 02:04 PM   #2
John.duh
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.duh View Post
Hi

Tried searching but couldn't find a definitive answer, so I decided to post.

The problem I'm facing is the glove box USB doesn't show up on the CIC.

Here's the background.
My car came with a CCC. I had a CIC with combox and rear view camera upgrade installed. All was working fine but wanted DAB, so bought another CIC, which the seller said he would code for my car. The unit arrived and I went ahead and installed an 256Gb SSD instead of the 80gig HD before putting it in the car.
Once in the car, I didn't have bluetooth nor rearview camera. The rest was working fine, including the 2020 maps in navigation.

Did some searching, got a bimmergeeks cable and with the help of NCSexpert got my CIC talking to the combox and the camera again.

Now I wanted to fill up the SSD with music so that I can get rid of my ipod.

I tried literally all my USB sticks from a 200Gb down to a 4 gig in FAT32, FAT16 and NTFS. None of them show up when in the glove box. (they play fine under the armrest (6FL))
When searching the only thing I find is recoding the CIC with the current code. I've already done that to get BT working. Is there any option code i need to add to the VO? Or an option in the CIC to get it to look for that USB?

Thanks for reading.
Ok, found out that the 4Gb NTFS stick works. It just takes forever to show up.
I'll update here once i get some music on the drive (which is going to take a long time at 4Gb per go)
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 03:00 PM   #3
opjose
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I just use a 128GB thumbnail sized usb stick in the Armrest.

If you get a fast flash drive the CIC can read and index it fairly quickly when the car starts.

I found the upload to the SSD far too slow to bother with and there is no easy way to reorganize and update the music.

Just wait until you find and issue with an uploaded file or a duplicate upload for an album... ugh!
Appreciate 0