E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Wyoming lawmakers push to ban all electric vehicles by 2035

01-23-2023, 05:26 PM   #67
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Wow… they truly do live among us… smh
Are you for real? And you laughed at HIM at the end?
Why wouldn’t I be? Someone has to point out the nonsense here.

Just like how the typewriter manufacturer laughed at the Computer and bemoaned at the US Government for creating the Internet. The world is moving on from ICE cars.

But I’m sure you can still find a typewriter manufacturer or two who are certain the computer will fail any day now and everyone will line up for a typewriter again!
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2023, 06:00 PM   #68
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post

Just like how the typewriter manufacturer laughed at the Computer and bemoaned at the US Government for creating the Internet. The world is moving on from ICE cars.

But I’m sure you can still find a typewriter manufacturer or two who are certain the computer will fail any day now and everyone will line up for a typewriter again!
As as if you guys just refuse to acknowledge the truth here. Be honest and answer this on question with ONLY yes or no.

Question- Would EV even be at 10% where they are now without government mandates?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 06:58 PM   #69
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:

The part you’re bringing up here is fine, although the internet wasn’t what killed the typewriter, it was the computer, which wasn’t created or forced upon anyone by the government.

I was referring specifically about your use of the word “subsidizing”, which the poster tried to educate you on but you still insisted on a wrong meaning for it
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50
      01-23-2023, 07:54 PM   #70
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafichicago View Post
Apparently it is there are kids in my child H.S. That identify as a squirrels there’s a school in Illinois that had placed litter box in the bathroom because there’s a group of students identifying as cats. So yes. You can be a rock these days 😂I am not sure it’s healthy though
WHAT?? That's insanity...

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      01-24-2023, 03:14 AM   #71
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
WHAT?? That's insanity...
…and not true. Hopefully he was just being obtuse.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      01-24-2023, 05:59 AM   #72
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderspice View Post
I can’t speak for kitty litter box, but I can tell you this, there are kids in our local schools that identify as cats or cat type creatures. The other children called them Furrys. Now I hope no one comes on here and calls my kids liars. They are the ones who tell me about it. According to them it’s nothing compared to some of the things happening. We are well past smoking in the boys room and necking in the hallways.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 01:06 PM   #73
Rafichicago
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderspice View Post
I’ll bet you have “fact” checked this 👏👏👏Have you watched news at 9 this morning as well ?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 02:08 PM   #74
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I can’t speak for kitty litter box, but I can tell you this, there are kids in our local schools that identify as cats or cat type creatures. The other children called them Furrys. Now I hope no one comes on here and calls my kids liars. They are the ones who tell me about it. According to them it’s nothing compared to some of the things happening. We are well past smoking in the boys room and necking in the hallways.
Who cares?

No, there aren’t schools installing litter boxes for kids…

Why this mess continues is beyond me. Why people even care how kids express themselves is beyond me.

I grew up in the 90s. A lot of kids thought of themselves as a whale after watching Free Willy. Lots of kids identified as lions after they watched The Lion King. Some grew up to be marine biologists and many grew up with a deeper respect for animals.

No one complains about the overweight middle age desk jocks who watch Top Gun and think they’re fighter pilots…

But I guess the fun is to dehumanize and bully marginalized groups in one way or another. A sad way to live.
Appreciate 2
      01-24-2023, 02:38 PM   #75
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Question- Would EV even be at 10% where they are now without government mandates?
This is the inherent issue: you don't see how absurd asking something like this is.

I could give you a million similies and you'd still thump your Floridian pride (and repeatedly call the dissenting opinion "comrade", like a boomer), which tells me everything I need to know.

"I hate that the government mandated seatbelts." Sometimes it takes an (at the time) unpopular opinion to make drastic, beneficial change. Spare me the "EVs won't make a change", please.

On topic, though: I see trains of thought like Wyoming's as pretty dangerous and short-sighted. Making enough laws like these that gamble on the future could really hurt states like Wyoming in the long run if they guess wrong, for an unforeseeable amount of time.
We're talking generational financial and social ramifications.

Last edited by Equilibrandt; 01-24-2023 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 2
      01-24-2023, 02:47 PM   #76
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
This is the inherent issue: you don't see how absurd asking something like this is.

I could give you a million similies and you'd still thump your Floridian pride (and repeatedly call the dissenting opinion "comrade", like a boomer), which tells me everything I need to know.

"I hate that the government mandated seatbelts." Sometimes it takes an (at the time) unpopular opinion to make drastic, beneficial change. Spare me the "EVs won't make a change", please.

On topic, though: I see trains of thought like Wyoming's as pretty dangerous and short-sighted. Making enough laws like these that gamble on the future could really hurt states like Wyoming in the long run if they guess wrong, for an unforeseeable amount of time.
You strategically insult me, and then go on to make a stupid comparison using seatbelts as an example. Mandating safety is different than passing laws picking one manufacture to win over another, or one type of technology to win over another. There’s no way you don’t know that so you’re just trolling.
Appreciate 2
Teutonic2709.00
      01-24-2023, 02:49 PM   #77
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You strategically insult me, and then go on to make a stupid comparison using seatbelts as an example. Mandating safety is different than picking one manufacture to win over another, or one type of technology to win over another. There’s no way you don’t know that so you’re just trolling.
Seatbelts = Safety
EVs and their relationship to the Climate = Technology, totally not safety?

Got it. Climate-Denying Anti-Communists, unite!
The free market should have decided if seatbelts were a good choice, right? The general public always makes the right choice!

You get politically-nudged every day about 'which manufacturer is better' and you don't even know it. Glad your cognitive dissonance only makes itself visible when it comes to hot-button EV/climate issues.

In your opinion, what if Wyoming guesses wrong? Do you see it as a major setback for the state?

Last edited by Equilibrandt; 01-24-2023 at 02:55 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2023, 03:09 PM   #78
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
Seatbelts = Safety
EVs and their relationship to the Climate = Technology, totally not safety?

Got it. Climate-Denying Anti-Communists, unite!
The free market should have decided if seatbelts were a good choice, right? The general public always makes the right choice!

You get politically-nudged every day about 'which manufacturer is better' and you don't even know it. Glad your cognitive dissonance only makes itself visible when it comes to hot-button EV/climate issues.

In your opinion, what if Wyoming guesses wrong? Do you see it as a major setback for the state?
I love how your side always thinks that you are right, and mocks everyone else. You cancel famous people through doxing, who have the audacity to disagree with you publicly.

A person not wearing a seatbelt launching through a windshield is a fact. Someone not wearing a seatbelt while losing control of their car can move around in the vehicle and lose further control of the car. That’s a fact. Your side worshiping weather is not a fact. It’s a theory. Maybe you aren’t trolling and you’re just not intelligent enough to grasp this?
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2023, 03:45 PM   #79
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
I love how your side always thinks that you are right, and mocks everyone else. You cancel famous people through doxing, who have the audacity to disagree with you publicly.

A person not wearing a seatbelt launching through a windshield is a fact. Someone not wearing a seatbelt while losing control of their car can move around in the vehicle and lose further control of the car. That’s a fact. Your side worshiping weather is not a fact. It’s a theory. Maybe you aren’t trolling and you’re just not intelligent enough to grasp this?
Scientific theory is fact in the colloquial sense. Uncertain and untested scientific statements are hypotheses.

https://www.masterclass.com/articles...entific-method

Keep clearly in mind. The planet doesn’t care one way or the other what we’re doing to the climate or its impacts. It existed before us and will after. The impacts of pollution and the atmospheric changes it is bringing about are making the planet unlivable for us humans… The geriatric generation may already say “not my problem. I have a few years left anyway”, but that’s a terrible way to view the world

But even without that reality. EVs are the future and will be continually bringing features that consumers want to have that aren’t possible on ICE cars. The transition to 48V electrical systems and the “always on” nature of EVs are shifting the way cars are used and will continue to do so in ways we haven’t even experienced yet.

Like two way electrical systems that are being added to EVs now where you a use an EV to power your house in the event of a power outage or work on a job site before power has been run. Where cars can upload their mapping data to the cloud to crowd source map updates at the end of journeys. How Car to X communication can enable cars to communicate both with each other and with infrastructure to improve road safety (such as a car letting cars behind it know it spotted a dear on the side of the road).

Cars have become so complex thanks to the technological demands that every car is quickly becoming an EV and you’re only debating where the power plant is. Modern cars can’t handle the voltage drop older cars could simply because they are too interconnected. Starting your car sends a message on the car’s network and various systems respond… If it it cut off while the engine cranks things would go haywire…
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 03:56 PM   #80
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
I love how your side always thinks that you are right, and mocks everyone else.
OMG. Pot, meet Kettle.
Appreciate 2
      01-24-2023, 03:57 PM   #81
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Scientific theory is fact in the colloquial sense. Uncertain and untested scientific statements are hypotheses.

https://www.masterclass.com/articles...entific-method

Keep clearly in mind. The planet doesn’t care one way or the other what we’re doing to the climate or its impacts. It existed before us and will after. The impacts of pollution and the atmospheric changes it is bringing about are making the planet unlivable for us humans… The geriatric generation may already say “not my problem. I have a few years left anyway”, but that’s a terrible way to view the world

But even without that reality. EVs are the future and will be continually bringing features that consumers want to have that aren’t possible on ICE cars. The transition to 48V electrical systems and the “always on” nature of EVs are shifting the way cars are used and will continue to do so in ways we haven’t even experienced yet.

Like two way electrical systems that are being added to EVs now where you a use an EV to power your house in the event of a power outage or work on a job site before power has been run. Where cars can upload their mapping data to the cloud to crowd source map updates at the end of journeys. How Car to X communication can enable cars to communicate both with each other and with infrastructure to improve road safety (such as a car letting cars behind it know it spotted a dear on the side of the road).

Cars have become so complex thanks to the technological demands that every car is quickly becoming an EV and you’re only debating where the power plant is. Modern cars can’t handle the voltage drop older cars could simply because they are too interconnected. Starting your car sends a message on the car’s network and various systems respond… If it it cut off while the engine cranks things would go haywire…
I ain’t reading your cut and paste lecture.
Address what I said and keep your religion to yourself please. Seatbelts and government picking favorites are two completely different things.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 03:58 PM   #82
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
OMG. Pot, meet Kettle.
Ironically, you just proved my point.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 04:37 PM   #83
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Your kids are liars. This is a meme / myth that's been spread for a while now. Furries have existed for like 20+ years btw, they are cosplayers.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2023, 04:51 PM   #84
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Your kids are liars. This is a meme / myth that's been spread for a while now. Furries have existed for like 20+ years btw, they are cosplayers.
You don’t cosplay every day. You might want to stop trusting your sides, Internet sites and start asking some kids. I told you they never said anything about kitty litter boxes, but these kids come dressed as animals every freaking day. Amongst other things. Good grief, the Internet affords some people a lot of courage.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 05:04 PM   #85
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Don't know what all you old goons are upset about, tbh. Kids are kids. Kids are nonsensical and they always have been. When you boomers were 12, you were main-lining your dad's cigarettes. It's not remotely shocking that they're doing stuff you deem 'weird' nowadays.

What is worrying is that Wyoming has a tiny population with some polarizing industries. It's a big tourist state for many reasons; that's where a ton of their revenue comes from, I'd bet.

What happens if they pass this EV ban? No EV charging infrastructure in the state (or they'd be 10+ years behind other states).

No more Californian's spending their exorbitant money to tour Yellowstone or the Tetons because there's no way for them to drive/charge their Tesla/Polestar/Lightning.
chris7197334.00
      01-24-2023, 08:02 PM   #86
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Who cares?

No, there aren’t schools installing litter boxes for kids…
True, but when such headlines appear and due to our current state, it seems possible, some might just be sucked in to believing it. Blame the person, or blame the current state? Seems these days just about anything goes.

Quote:
I grew up in the 90s. A lot of kids thought of themselves as a whale after watching Free Willy. Lots of kids identified as lions after they watched The Lion King. Some grew up to be marine biologists and many grew up with a deeper respect for animals.

No one complains about the overweight middle age desk jocks who watch Top Gun and think they’re fighter pilots…
And now the kids watch cross dressing drag shows in their local library in the name of inclusion and .... aw dang, where did that unexpected sexualized behavior that come from?

I teach my kids about inclusion and acceptance, and I also teach them boundaries. The boundaries seem to be a bit blurry these days. Perhaps I'm just too damn old, I grew up in the 80's. Yelling at kids to get off my lawn is not far away, but fuck them, it's my lawn.

Quote:
But I guess the fun is to dehumanize and bully marginalized groups in one way or another. A sad way to live.
It's about finding balance. Your right to swing your fist in public ends where my nose begins. This truism applies to many subjects. Where does group A's rights end, and group B's begin? Absent this certainty, there is a logical frustration being manifest.
Appreciate 1
Teutonic2709.00
      01-24-2023, 08:18 PM   #87
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, R56 Camden, G37x

Quote:
I am on the side of free market capitalism. Let that dictate what kind of cars get made.
They will be complaining and whining for years after everyone else is in an ele vehicle. They will be forced to comply when supply dries up, duh. There is your free market capitalism. They probably complained about the telephone when it was invented. Hillbillies.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 08:22 PM   #88
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMstein View Post
They will be complaining and whining for years after everyone else is in an ele vehicle. They will be forced to comply when supply dries up, duh. There is your free market capitalism. They probably complained about the telephone when it was invented. Hillbillies.
This notion of everyone who disagrees with me is stupid has gotten old.
Do better.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50