E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Help with Xenon angel Eyes

01-23-2021, 01:02 PM   #1
bcktrckrewind
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Help with Xenon angel Eyes

Vehicle info: 2006 BMW e90 330i

Build Date: 10/05

Some background information I got this car as a hand me down and was in the process of fixing it. Got rid of a dent, changed the bumpers, tinted the windows, and the last thing was changing the lights.

The car came with the BMW OEM xenon lights with the angel eyes but only one side worked and both were extremely faded so I made the decision to change both lights while changing the bumper everything lined up and all connections was re-connected.

However, now neither of the angel eyes worked, but only the angel eyes every other light works (high beams, low beams, fog, DRLs, side markers, etc.) I thought it was a setting on bimmercode I needed to activate so i bought the app and an adapter but absolutely no setting mentioning angel eyes was on bimmercode.

I found numerous threads about resetting the FRM short circuit so I bought a cable and followed a guide to use Tool32 to be able to reset it. I reset it and still nothing Tool32 said the job went through but still the only lights not working. I have not tried to "add" coding lines since I couldn't find an updated guide and did not want to ruin my car more.

That is where I am at so if anyone has any idea I would appreciate it. Also, the control menu on the iDrive says "Right/left parking lamp malfunction" if that helps.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 01:53 AM   #2
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Did you put aftermarket headlights on?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 02:02 AM   #3
bcktrckrewind
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
Did you put aftermarket headlights on?
Nope. I'm fairly certain they are OEM the headlights even have the BMW branding on them.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 10:09 AM   #4
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep

Did you check to make sure they had angel eye bulbs in them?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 05:00 PM   #5
bcktrckrewind
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
Did you check to make sure they had angel eye bulbs in them?
I haven't directly checked but the lights were new and have all the other lights so I'd surprised if both headlights shipped separately would be missing the angel eye bulb or be damaged in shipping.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 06:06 PM   #6
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep

I have bought new e90 aftermarket headlights that had some bulbs and missing other bulbs.
AFAIK, these are the setting the angel eyes have.
Angel eyes on all the time(alone)regardless of light switch position.
Angel eyes on only when switch is moved over to angel eye position
Angel eyes on and inner high beam bulb both on during the day regardless of switch position(the inner high beam will turn off of switch is on auto and low beams turn on) This is the setting that is used from the factory.
Angel eyes on at night with low beam.

You have tried moving the light switch over right to the 1st position to the left from the off position right?

Are these new oem headlights? Or aftermarket? I’ve seen some aftermarket headlights?

Right/left parking lamp are the angel eyes I believe.
It’s either missing the bulbs or the wire/pin for them came out of the connector.
Appreciate 0