E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Road Trip to DC Annual Grand Meet

09-18-2007, 12:52 PM   #23
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i07 View Post
Are you guys still planning a caravan to go down to the meet. On the way down, if you guys will be going through NJ, let me know which route you guys are taking. Maybe a few of us can meet up with you guys and head down there together. Not sure if you guys are leaving on a Saturday, though. That's what a few of us will be doing. We're going to hangout with the local guys and stay the night.

Scott
Yep. Still planning on driving down. I was thinking of leaving early saturday morning. Actually I think the earlier the better, that way we could fly for a while without hitting traffic.. Maybe we'll stop for lunch in NJ then? I was thinking I'd want to get by NYC and then stop for lunch, a break, take a piss, get a bite to eat, etc..

As for route? This is one of the big things I need help finalizing. I want the least trafficed one. Even if it's an extra 20-30 miles away, I'd rather keep moving than sit in traffic for an hour or two..

And the underlined portion.. Sounds great.. That's the plan..
Sounds like they're setting up a place for us to detail our cars as well...

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 12:53 PM   #24
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC View Post
yes, please fine tune the arrangements.

A bunch of us are planning to head the caravan off at one of the rest stops along the way (somewhere by Delaware). The plan is to roll into DC together...
I feel like royalty!! :rocks:

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 12:53 PM   #25
Josh49
Major General
Rep

I just bought two new tires for this too!! Can't wait to get them mounted and get my 161's back on..

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 12:53 PM   #26
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49 View Post
I feel like royalty!! :rocks:
of course

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 01:21 PM   #27
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Yep. Still planning on driving down. I was thinking of leaving early saturday morning. Actually I think the earlier the better, that way we could fly for a while without hitting traffic.. Maybe we'll stop for lunch in NJ then? I was thinking I'd want to get by NYC and then stop for lunch, a break, take a piss, get a bite to eat, etc..

As for route? This is one of the big things I need help finalizing. I want the least trafficed one. Even if it's an extra 20-30 miles away, I'd rather keep moving than sit in traffic for an hour or two..

And the underlined portion.. Sounds great.. That's the plan..
Sounds like they're setting up a place for us to detail our cars as well...
How many cars do you have going with you?

I just map.google'd from Boston, MA to Washington, DC and you guys will be going to Washington, DC via I-95 South (NJ Turnpike South). If you want, I know of a rest area between Exits 8A and 8 on I-95 South (NJ Turnpike) where we can meet up with you guys. It's called the Molly Pitcher service area, you won't miss it.

If it sounds good to you, just let me know a time and we can all meet up there. Plus, you guys can crab some food and use the restrooms there.

One more suggestion is, you should also tell the people driving down with you to bring a FRS 2-way radio. This way you guys can keep in touch with each other, instead of using cell phones. That's what we use when we have our meets. It helps a lot, especially to keep everybody together.

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #28
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
How many cars do you have going with you?

I just map.google'd from Boston, MA to Washington, DC and you guys will be going to Washington, DC via I-95 South (NJ Turnpike South). If you want, I know of a rest area between Exits 8A and 8 on I-95 South (NJ Turnpike) where we can meet up with you guys. It's called the Molly Pitcher service area, you won't miss it.

If it sounds good to you, just let me know a time and we can all meet up there. Plus, you guys can crab some food and use the restrooms there.

One more suggestion is, you should also tell the people driving down with you to bring a FRS 2-way radio. This way you guys can keep in touch with each other, instead of using cell phones. That's what we use when we have our meets. It helps a lot, especially to keep everybody together.
Truthfully, it will probably be just Josh and I. I haven't seen anyone else posting saying they are interested.

Josh said he has some radios so should be good there. Also, I'm cool with meeting you guys at the spot you said if Josh is.
      09-18-2007, 01:44 PM   #29
Bimmer335i07
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Truthfully, it will probably be just Josh and I. I haven't seen anyone else posting saying they are interested.

Josh said he has some radios so should be good there. Also, I'm cool with meeting you guys at the spot you said if Josh is.
Cool... Hopefully he agrees to the location. I don't see why he wouldn't. lol! Then we can all drive down together.

Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #30
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Didn't that one guy say he might come?

What's the fastest way down there btw? Even its a few extra miles to avoid NYC, I think it's worth it..

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 04:44 PM   #31
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Cool... Hopefully he agrees to the location. I don't see why he wouldn't. lol! Then we can all drive down together.
Let's meet for lunch and then head down? Any sandwich joints around there or something?

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 08:04 PM   #32
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
Let's meet for lunch and then head down? Any sandwich joints around there or something?
Chutzpah Deli, just around the corner from Tysons Corner mall is an excellent "sandwich joint" in the Tysons area, if that's what we're looking for: http://chutzpahdeli.com/locations.php

Otherwise, burritos at Chipotle always seems to be in favor for the e90post group. There's a few of those in the Tysons area (one in the mall, another in Vienna off Rte 123).

EDIT: Never mind... I see you're talking about a rally point for the trip down here, not once you are here!
      09-19-2007, 12:29 AM   #33
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Didn't that one guy say he might come?

What's the fastest way down there btw? Even its a few extra miles to avoid NYC, I think it's worth it..
What one guy? And yea quickest way there is the best. We are going to need to figure out what that will be though.

Quote:
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
EDIT: Never mind... I see you're talking about a rally point for the trip down here, not once you are here!
haha, let us get there first man.
      09-19-2007, 09:07 AM   #34
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
Chutzpah Deli, just around the corner from Tysons Corner mall is an excellent "sandwich joint" in the Tysons area, if that's what we're looking for: http://chutzpahdeli.com/locations.php

Otherwise, burritos at Chipotle always seems to be in favor for the e90post group. There's a few of those in the Tysons area (one in the mall, another in Vienna off Rte 123).

Good info to know when we get there though.. I'll make sure to remember that..

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 09:09 AM   #35
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
What one guy?
Post #18 in this thread..

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 10:37 AM   #36
Bimmer335i07
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Post #18 in this thread..
He's probably enjoying his new car right now. You guys should PM him. He sounds like he wants to take a road trip with you guys.

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2007, 09:22 AM   #37
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Okay, some questions for you, and anyone else thinking of going..

How early in the morning would you be willing to leave? I even think driving down at the ass crack of dawn might be a great idea. Drive when the roads are absolutely empty.. I almost want to pass out dinner time the night before, and wake up at some ridiculous time in the morning to get out of here/get passed NYC before it gets ugly..

Hotel -
I'll try to research some from that thread..

Route -
I think I found a nice one where you cut over well before the city, and take a nice detour around it. But we can talk about this a lot more. I have NAV, so we can always let her guide the way..

Walkie-Talkies -
Have them, much easier than cell phones.

I think a good idea would be to stop for brunch with the NJ crew and then we'll all take off from there.

I think thats about it, anything else we need to worry about? We might need to stop once or twice for gas, as long as its not in New Jersey, we can pick a place off the road or through Nav.

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2007, 10:14 AM   #38
Bimmer335i07
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

How early in the morning would you be willing to leave? I even think driving down at the ass crack of dawn might be a great idea. Drive when the roads are absolutely empty.. I almost want to pass out dinner time the night before, and wake up at some ridiculous time in the morning to get out of here/get passed NYC before it gets ugly..

Hotel -

Route -
I think I found a nice one where you cut over well before the city, and take a nice detour around it. But we can talk about this a lot more. I have NAV, so we can always let her guide the way..

Walkie-Talkies -

I think a good idea would be to stop for brunch with the NJ crew and then we'll all take off from there.

I think thats about it, anything else we need to worry about? We might need to stop once or twice for gas, as long as its not in New Jersey, we can pick a place off the road or through Nav.
Don't worry about the hotel. YuBimmer (Andrew) works at one of the Hyatts and is trying to secure us rooms at the Hyatt Regency Reston or the Hyatt Fairlakes. He says that the normal room rates are $179/night but he is going to try and get us the rooms for their employee rate of $89. Just let me know how many rooms you guys need. And please make sure that if you're going to cancel, that you will let him know 24 hrs. before, because he's being generous and will hold the rooms for us with his credit card.

Scott

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #39
Bimmer335i07
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Hey guys, please provide me with your first and last name so that I can have YuBimmer (Andrew) reserve the rooms for you guys. It will be at the Hyatt Fairlakes and the family rate is $77.40 plus 9% tax per night. Please also advise if you need double beds or king bed or whatever.

Thanks!

Scott

Last edited by Bimmer335i07; 09-20-2007 at 12:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2007, 10:56 AM   #40
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Well done YuBimmer

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2007, 01:35 PM   #41
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:

Hotel -

Route -

Walkie-Talkies -

Sounds good. I have woken up numerous times at 4-5 in the morning because my parents wanted to drive to Atlantic City and such. So won't be a big deal for me to do that.

Quote:
Don't worry about the hotel. YuBimmer (Andrew) works at one of the Hyatts and is trying to secure us rooms at the Hyatt Regency Reston or the Hyatt Fairlakes. He says that the normal room rates are $179/night but he is going to try and get us the rooms for their employee rate of $89. Just let me know how many rooms you guys need. And please make sure that if you're going to cancel, that you will let him know 24 hrs. before, because he's being generous and will hold the rooms for us with his credit card.

Scott
Wow, those are some nice hotels I bet. Very good price too. I'm down for that.

Quote:
Hey guys, please provide me with your first and last name so that I can have YuBimmer (Andrew) reserve the rooms for you guys. It will be at the Hyatt Fairlakes and the family rate is $77.40 plus 9% tax per night. Please also advise if you need double beds or king bed or whatever.

Thanks!

Scott
I sent you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC View Post
Well done YuBimmer
Yea big ups to YuBimmer. Great group of guys we got on this board.
      09-20-2007, 01:38 PM   #42
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Sounds good. I have woken up numerous times at 4-5 in the morning because my parents wanted to drive to Atlantic City and such. So won't be a big deal for me to do that.

Quote:
Yea big ups to YuBimmer. Great group of guys we got on this board.
Definitely. You'll get a pm in a minute..

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 12:10 AM   #43
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5

josh im in, see you in jersey