E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > what tires do you use for winter?

10-21-2007, 11:50 PM   #45
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 330i; 1999 328i (RIP)

I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm not wrong I'm not wrong I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right.

I hope you hit a light pole. Good luck with your foolish behavior.
      10-22-2007, 08:02 AM   #46
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
Dablitz and Kev,

There must be some misunderstanding on both sides….let’s chill and keep the NE section a friendly one
F that lets all meet somewhere and kill each other.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #47
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
There is no misunderstanding on my side. From what I understand he stated I was a bad driver and one he wouldn't want to drive near on the road. Yet never stated a clear reason why. I merely asked why and he took it as a defesnive attack and then talked trash about the country he is currently in.

Also love how now both individuals want to drop it without stating yet how i am a bad driver that is an actual true reason.

I could care less though, this just makes this section a bit interesting.
Quit acting like you're the Kimi Raikkonen of the New England. I just said that I don't want to see you on the road in the winter. I DID NOT say that you're a bad driver. The problem at hand is not how good or bad a driver you are. It is how well you are prepared for the winter weather in the Northeast. No matter how good of a driver you are, you cannot win when your opponent is nature. Do you get that? A little slip on the 93 or the pike would have caused a huge pile up in the storm. No amount of skill can save you from that.

Last edited by Kev; 10-22-2007 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 02:33 PM   #48
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmatty View Post
I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm not wrong I'm not wrong I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right.

I hope you hit a light pole. Good luck with your foolish behavior.
Never messed around in your vehicle? Not once? Never pushed it a little? otherwise you are hypocrite so stop speaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Quit acting like you're the Kimi Raikkonen of the New England. I just said that I don't want to see you on the road in the winter. I DID NOT say that you're a bad driver. The problem at hand is not how good or bad a driver you are. It is how well you are prepared for the winter weather in the Northeast. No matter how good of a driver you are, you cannot win when your opponent is nature. Do you get that? A little slip on the 93 or the pike would have caused a huge pile up in the storm. No amount of skill can save you from that.
When did I say I was such a crazy driver like Kimi Raikkonen who i did not even know and had to google. Thank you for teaching me something new.

Again the rest of your post says skill. I never said anything in my post that I was a skilled driver. Shit I drive well under the speed limit when its snowing out, while others pass me by thinking they can handle it. I merely feel my all seasons are good enough. As long as I drive safely the slippage is not bad at all.

So really where is this all coming from. Me saying winter tires are not fully needed? So you took that as an attack on you or something? Either way I love how now I am being portrayed as a guy who thinks he is a F1 racer. When I never stated this.
      10-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #49
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Never messed around in your vehicle? Not once? Never pushed it a little? otherwise you are hypocrite so stop speaking.

When did I say I was such a crazy driver like Kimi Raikkonen who i did not even know and had to google. Thank you for teaching me something new.

Again the rest of your post says skill. I never said anything in my post that I was a skilled driver. Shit I drive well under the speed limit when its snowing out, while others pass me by thinking they can handle it. I merely feel my all seasons are good enough. As long as I drive safely the slippage is not bad at all.

So really where is this all coming from. Me saying winter tires are not fully needed? So you took that as an attack on you or something? Either way I love how now I am being portrayed as a guy who thinks he is a F1 racer. When I never stated this.
It's really a waste of time talking to you. Just remember, you can't win when your opponent is nature. Drive safe. Wilco & Out for all you CB radio or military junkies. Welcome to my ignore list.
      10-22-2007, 03:43 PM   #50
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
It's really a waste of time talking to you. Just remember, you can't win when your opponent is nature. Drive safe. Wilco & Out for all you CB radio or military junkies. Welcome to my ignore list.
haha ignore list? What a bitch can't even handle differing opinions.

Last edited by DasBlitz; 10-22-2007 at 04:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #51
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Lalalalalalalalala

Someone thinks he's capable of handling all situation because he's a good driver.....

Lalalalalalala

Guess who's not accepting differing opinions? Guess who's calling other people's name? DasBlitz, you're freaking WEAK....... and keep having fun in parking lots. Go to NHISW or NEDW if you want real fun...... Not parking lots, LOL!
      10-22-2007, 06:54 PM   #52
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Lalalalalalalalala

Someone thinks he's capable of handling all situation because he's a good driver.....

Lalalalalalala

Guess who's not accepting differing opinions? Guess who's calling other people's name? DasBlitz, you're freaking WEAK....... and keep having fun in parking lots. Go to NHISW or NEDW if you want real fun...... Not parking lots, LOL!
Wait, I thought I was on your ignore list? haha. I love how you are acting like a child too.

Again you bring up being a good driver part. Even though I never stated that. Also, I call em like I see em. When a guy puts me on his ignore list just cus I made him cry They to me that guy is a bitch.

And I have gone autocrossing and maybe next year will go to the tracks.

So what will reply with next? How you just wanted to see what I would say but for sure now I am on your ignore list. And how I think I am such a good driver.

Some weird people in this state.
      10-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #53
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wait, I thought I was on your ignore list? haha. I love how you are acting like a child too.

Again you bring up being a good driver part. Even though I never stated that. Also, I call em like I see em. When a guy puts me on his ignore list just cus I made him cry They to me that guy is a bitch.

And I have gone autocrossing and maybe next year will go to the tracks.

So what will reply with next? How you just wanted to see what I would say but for sure now I am on your ignore list. And how I think I am such a good driver.

Some weird people in this state.

Does that make you happy? LOL~ Usually I play at the same level as my counterpart, so childish play that is. I feel like I'm back to high school and the clock has just dialed back 10 years. However, I won't resort to calling other people names. There's no need for me to sink to that level yet.

Go get a life. There's a real world outside of the internet. It really doesn't make sense to act all tough on the internet. I sincerely wish that you won't land in our trauma bay ever (very, very sincere wish here, no sarcasm). Drive safe in this winter and don't do stupid things in parking lots. You can't defy the law of physics.
      10-22-2007, 07:59 PM   #54
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Sorry to high jack this thread with this silly argument because Mr. DasBlitz decided he wants to show off. Let me offer one bit of advice to the OP:

If you can afford it, get a dedicated set of winter tires. It can really mean getting stuck in snow or taking over SUVs in the middle of a storm.

All Seasons, as the name implies, are good for 4 seasons, but you'll be compromised in the extremes of weathers. Granted if you don't push your car too hard and stay in for those really really snowy days, you'll be able to to get by.

A dedicated set of snow tires, even though might be a little more expensive at the beginning, will pay for itself in a few years. Not only do you save the tread on your summer performance tires, you also gained traction in extreme weather. If you need to get to work at odd hours like I do, you'd appreciate that little bit extra confidence that these winter tires give you.

For Boston, winter performance tires are fine.
      10-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #55
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
god dawm...wtf happen

I feel bad for the op, he wanted to know what tires are good in the winter and he gets no answer

lol

I like hte new smileys
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 10:09 PM   #56
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 330i; 1999 328i (RIP)

10-22-2007, 10:23 PM   #57
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:

Does that make you happy? LOL~ Usually I play at the same level as my counterpart, so childish play that is. I feel like I'm back to high school and the clock has just dialed back 10 years. However, I won't resort to calling other people names. There's no need for me to sink to that level yet.

Go get a life. There's a real world outside of the internet. It really doesn't make sense to act all tough on the internet. I sincerely wish that you won't land in our trauma bay ever (very, very sincere wish here, no sarcasm). Drive safe in this winter and don't do stupid things in parking lots. You can't defy the law of physics.
Whatever you say. This has become a big joke to me. I am not acting tough at all. I thought that was a cowardly thing so I called you on it. It's not like I wouldn't have said it in the real world.

Again, you have diverted and have yet to say how I think I am some great driver and again you go back to the parking lot thing. I did a quick spin and left. Love how that is a huge issue and means I am defying physics, haha.

Coming from the person who had a 400hp or whatever Mercedes that is quite amusing. What is the need for a vehicle like that? Seems like you are the type that never speeds or anything at all. Atleast you are portraying yourself like that. So a car like that is not needed at all. And dont give me "i use it at the track bullshit" could easily get a secondary car just for the track.
      10-24-2007, 09:19 PM   #58
fotoguy335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi Sparkling Graphite

Had Winter Sport M2 on my first E46 330xi then Dunlop winter sport M3 on the last E46 330i so I probably will get the same but runflat for the new 335xi
Never had any probs, the 360 on the 'pike doesnt count since it was my fault for shutting off the DSC in a snow storm!
      11-10-2007, 04:44 PM   #59
Topaz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ---

Last edited by Topaz; 01-20-2008 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 07:53 AM   #60
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
I placed my Dunlop Wintersport M3 today !

Let it snow....

(-:
yeah, let it snow in belgium.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #61
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

I just got the Dunlop Winter Sport 3Ds the new winter tires, see how they work (if it ever snows lol)
"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 12:42 PM   #62
Shinchan
LED Rules
Rep
Drives: Sold: 335xi Coupe

I put my freaking snow tires on.....
      11-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #63
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Yep.. This weekend I'm putting mine on..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #64
ejheverest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

if you guys know of anyone who needs a winter setup(17" w/blizzaks, 300mi.)
check out my thread, also there is a possibility i could deliver on eastcoast without any shipping costs.
      11-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #65
fotoguy335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi Sparkling Graphite

I have been using Dunlow Winter Sport M* on my last 3 Bimmers...
Havent found a better solution to the Boston winters. Still dont know what I will do with the new Xi though as I dont really want to spend another $1400
      11-22-2007, 11:53 PM   #66
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

so put on the Dunlop Winter Sport 3Ds yesterday, niiiice shoes. They handle well for winter tires. Can't wait to test it in the snow
"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0