E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > I/Drive USB – MP3 song list question

03-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
Nonecure
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

I/Drive USB – MP3 song list question

I asked this question on the Audio/Video board, but maybe this is the better place to ask. I enjoy listing to MP3’s from my USB drive in the console. One thing that irritates me is that every time I start the car or switch from the radio, the I/Drive display shows the USB and Aux options. So I have to drill down to see the song I am playing. Does anyone know how to maintain the current display?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
mr_milo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 328i

Apparently this is now it's "intended to work". This bugs the crap out of me and I find that there is no rhyme or reason on how, when or what the current display shows.

I have taken my car in for this a few times and finally gave up! To me it's a bug but according to the dealer as long as it's still playing what it was when you turned the car off, it's OK.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
Nonecure
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

A $20 mp3 player can return after powerup. Does this bug effect everyone? Does the new F model still do this?
Appreciate 0