E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items > SCAMMER ALERT: Rav22

02-19-2019, 06:23 PM   #1
GnomeChild
IN54NE
Rep
Drives: e90 335i LCI M-Sport

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
SCAMMER ALERT: Rav22

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Was recently contacted by a member by the name Rav22 in response to my WTB Ad for a single front Style 193 below

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1583769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav22
I have the 193m wheel in great condition, you can email me c22lar20@gmail.com
He insisted on using email and so I entertained the idea in good faith as email is sometimes a more viable option to people than PM. Between our communications, I stated that I did not need the tire supplied with the wheeland it would need to be dismounted to which he agreed he could do. After I asked for pictures of the inner barrel, he then stated that the pictures he supplied of the wheel were not his and that the wheels had already been packaged and ready to ship (how does a layman go about dismounting a tire overnight??)

I shot him an offer on good faith and he then proceeded to tell me he was unable to process PayPal payments and that I would have to supply payment via cash transfer at Wal-Mart. As soon as I told him that I only deal with PayPal, all communications ceased and he was no where to be found

I’ve been a long-standing member of multiple forums with good reputation for years and I know how these things work. I wasn’t born yesterday and newer members should be wary of people trying to take advantage of others

Just passing the word along and trying to get attention of the mods
Can supply manuscripts of the emails between us if need be as proof

02-19-2019, 06:41 PM   #2
coochjr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: White 2010 335xi

I was literally talking to him about downpipes and he never replied to me guess I know why now. Thanks for the info👍
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 11:07 PM   #3
Singh_96
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F06 M6 || E90 335i || F15 X5

This guy has been doing this for the past month or two. There were multiple posts about him too
Appreciate 0