E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > 380mm front 4 piston & 2 piston 370mm rear from m2 onto rwd e90 question

02-06-2019, 09:14 AM   #1
Pmeng
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

380mm front 4 piston & 2 piston 370mm rear from m2 onto rwd e90 question

I picked up a set of brakes off an 2017 m2 with less then 30 total miles on them so brand new. I received pads, lines, calipers, and rotors. Missing bolts, pad sensors, and rotor to hub screws from the m2. I believe they are the m performance brakes as they have a floating aluminum rotor hats with the m logo in raised cast lettering on the hats both front and rear. Calipers are blue. Fronts have 370/380 cast into the calipers. Rears are 2 pistons. All are factory painted blue. Front discs are 380mm with rears being 370mm and drilled of course. If needed I can provide parts numbers off of each. So I want to throw them on my 11 lci e90 335d which should be the same for all the rwd e9x 3 series.

Questions are to those that have done the swap either front or rear or both.

Fronts bolt up but require a spacer between caliper and hub mounting tabs in addition to longer bolts. Are the m2s bolts longer? Anyone know the bolt size and thread pitch off hand. I'd rather buy an OEM shouldered bolt then finding something off the shelf. Also anyone know the exact spacer size needed? Anyone make them? The rotor to hub bolt.is also different. Will the m2 rotor to hub retaining bolt work on the e90? Will the m2 pad sensors work on the e90 or will the e90 sensor work on the m2 brakes?

For the rears I haven't attempted any leg work yet at all. Will they bolt up without issue or will there need to be some spacing or offset bushing issues etc? I read all billion pages from the f30 stuff. Not sure how much the same this kit I have is but the solutions seem to vary from offset bushings to elongating the ear mounting tabs on the hub to also running various rotors. I'd like to ideally run what I have as it's all new basically. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 10:51 AM   #2
Aus335iguy
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmeng View Post
I picked up a set of brakes off an 2017 m2 with less then 30 total miles on them so brand new. I received pads, lines, calipers, and rotors. Missing bolts, pad sensors, and rotor to hub screws from the m2. I believe they are the m performance brakes as they have a floating aluminum rotor hats with the m logo in raised cast lettering on the hats both front and rear. Calipers are blue. Fronts have 370/380 cast into the calipers. Rears are 2 pistons. All are factory painted blue. Front discs are 380mm with rears being 370mm and drilled of course. If needed I can provide parts numbers off of each. So I want to throw them on my 11 lci e90 335d which should be the same for all the rwd e9x 3 series.

Questions are to those that have done the swap either front or rear or both.

Fronts bolt up but require a spacer between caliper and hub mounting tabs in addition to longer bolts. Are the m2s bolts longer? Anyone know the bolt size and thread pitch off hand. I'd rather buy an OEM shouldered bolt then finding something off the shelf. Also anyone know the exact spacer size needed? Anyone make them? The rotor to hub bolt.is also different. Will the m2 rotor to hub retaining bolt work on the e90? Will the m2 pad sensors work on the e90 or will the e90 sensor work on the m2 brakes?

For the rears I haven't attempted any leg work yet at all. Will they bolt up without issue or will there need to be some spacing or offset bushing issues etc? I read all billion pages from the f30 stuff. Not sure how much the same this kit I have is but the solutions seem to vary from offset bushings to elongating the ear mounting tabs on the hub to also running various rotors. I'd like to ideally run what I have as it's all new basically. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Take a look here M4 380mm brake rotors fits E92 m3 hub? https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1375975
For the rears the best way to plug and play is to use e92 m3 spindles. The front is not quite the same you need f80 m3 spindles. The discs should go on and the sensors are an off the shelf item per the f30 performance brakes on e9x thread. That's the easiest way I can see it done.

I'm an amateur with this having only done the f30 performance swap on my e92. Please ask the experts in the other thread for more accurate info.
      02-08-2019, 02:24 PM   #3
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Aus335iguy great link. Pages 5-6-7 answer the questions very well.
Appreciate 1