E90Post
 


Coby Wheel
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Still want an EV?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-19-2023, 10:58 AM   #1849
M3WC
Brigadier General
3645
Rep
3,244
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ...location...location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
Or his Plaid
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
Oh that elusive Plaid order from last year. The car that now has a delivery estimate the same month you order. They must be building a special edition.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50
      04-19-2023, 11:32 AM   #1850
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
2328
Rep
3,021
Posts

Drives: 12 plaids on order
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Tesla Land

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Yup plaid, model y performance and the c8 zr1 all on order.

Gotta set the garage up for the 2035 on the move!
__________________
2035 on the move!!! lmaooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2023, 05:05 PM   #1851
KRS_SN
Major General
KRS_SN's Avatar
United Kingdom
13485
Rep
5,197
Posts

Drives: IX,G07
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
BBC News - Isle of Wight: Council's electric vehicle chargers hacked
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-61006816
Appreciate 2
M5Rick59977.50
      04-19-2023, 06:17 PM   #1852
G30M
Brigadier General
G30M's Avatar
3756
Rep
4,119
Posts

Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Australasia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Yup plaid, model y performance and the c8 zr1 all on order.

Gotta set the garage up for the 2035 on the move!
you want the E-Ray!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2023, 06:40 PM   #1853
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
2328
Rep
3,021
Posts

Drives: 12 plaids on order
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Tesla Land

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
you want the E-Ray!
I might order that as well.

And i inquired about the ZORA too and they said they don't know if the ZR1 is the same car or the ZORA will be a separate variant.

I want them all!

I mean we gotta before 2035!!! It's coming!!!!
__________________
2035 on the move!!! lmaooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2023, 10:44 PM   #1854
chad86tsi
Captain
chad86tsi's Avatar
1605
Rep
787
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Portland metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
BBC News - Isle of Wight: Council's electric vehicle chargers hacked
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-61006816

Council's electric vehicle chargers hacked to show porn site


I don't see what the problem is...
Appreciate 3
KRS_SN13485.00
zx10guy5149.50
      04-20-2023, 02:43 AM   #1855
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
17276
Rep
18,719
Posts

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

This thread has turned into a car fantasy camp.

Lmaooooo
Appreciate 4
Patton2502939.50
MmmmmM22588.50
      04-20-2023, 05:05 AM   #1856
Patton250
Colonel
Patton250's Avatar
2940
Rep
2,538
Posts

Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
This thread has turned into a car fantasy camp.

Lmaooooo
Yes, but we certainly did address all the factors and concerns for owning an EV. As for today, owning an EV is pretty much for the middle middle class or upper middle class families that just want to add another car to their fleet for perhaps commuting or keeping up with the Joneses bragging and conversation piece. Lower middle class, and poor people will never be able to own an EV for the foreseeable future until all of the things weíve mentioned in this thread get corrected. The electrical grid, charging times, and the amount of charging stations. Until those three things get addressed and completely fixed EV will never outnumber ice. Not in 10 years not in 2035, not in 2045. And most of us on this thread, except for perhaps the threads troll, pretty much all agree on what I just wrote.
Appreciate 5
Cos270608.50
chad86tsi1605.00
M5Rick59977.50
lakefront560.50
      04-20-2023, 06:06 AM   #1857
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
17276
Rep
18,719
Posts

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Yes, but we certainly did address all the factors and concerns for owning an EV. As for today, owning an EV is pretty much for the middle middle class or upper middle class families that just want to add another car to their fleet for perhaps commuting or keeping up with the Joneses bragging and conversation piece. Lower middle class, and poor people will never be able to own an EV for the foreseeable future until all of the things weíve mentioned in this thread get corrected. The electrical grid, charging times, and the amount of charging stations. Until those three things get addressed and completely fixed EV will never outnumber ice. Not in 10 years not in 2035, not in 2045. And most of us on this thread, except for perhaps the threads troll, pretty much all agree on what I just wrote.
Agree, but I was referring to BGM's (car) fantasy camp; kinda has a Pee Wee Herman vibe going.

Lmaooooo.
Appreciate 6
Patton2502939.50
chad86tsi1605.00
MmmmmM22588.50
M5Rick59977.50
      04-20-2023, 06:12 AM   #1858
Patton250
Colonel
Patton250's Avatar
2940
Rep
2,538
Posts

Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Agree, but I was referring to BGM's (car) fantasy camp; kinda has a Pee Wee Herman vibe going.

Lmaooooo.
I know brother, but keep in mind he’s just trolling. For whatever reason he gets some sort of cheap internal thrill out of the thought of irritating other people. I kind of went through a phase like that myself in middle school so I know where he’s coming from.
Appreciate 3
Efthreeoh17276.00
      04-20-2023, 06:26 AM   #1859
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
2328
Rep
3,021
Posts

Drives: 12 plaids on order
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Tesla Land

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Nothing is more satisfying than the feedback lmaooooooo

Works every time
__________________
2035 on the move!!! lmaooooooooo
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2023, 06:37 AM   #1860
KRS_SN
Major General
KRS_SN's Avatar
United Kingdom
13485
Rep
5,197
Posts

Drives: IX,G07
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
https://news.sky.com/story/new-elect...bsite-12861324

Tesla signals more price cuts ahead as report warns of slump in demand for new electric cars
Appreciate 5
chad86tsi1605.00
Patton2502939.50
M5Rick59977.50
Efthreeoh17276.00
      04-20-2023, 06:40 AM   #1861
KRS_SN
Major General
KRS_SN's Avatar
United Kingdom
13485
Rep
5,197
Posts

Drives: IX,G07
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
Council's electric vehicle chargers hacked to show porn site


I don't see what the problem is...

Yeah should be a standard feature to pass time when plugged in charging
Appreciate 2
chad86tsi1605.00
      04-20-2023, 06:45 AM   #1862
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
2328
Rep
3,021
Posts

Drives: 12 plaids on order
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Tesla Land

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
https://www.pcmag.com/news/us-ev-car...an-just-teslas

Percentage going up up up up!!

On pace for the 2035 move!!

Let’s go Elon the car makers are trying to catch up to you!
__________________
2035 on the move!!! lmaooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2023, 09:18 AM   #1863
chad86tsi
Captain
chad86tsi's Avatar
1605
Rep
787
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Portland metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
https://news.sky.com/story/new-elect...bsite-12861324

Tesla signals more price cuts ahead as report warns of slump in demand for new electric cars
Tesla stock sinks as price cuts hit profit: 'They're backed into a corner'

168.16 USD
−12.43 (6.89%)today
Apr 20, 10:17 AM EDT


"They're backed into a corner," Ronald Jewsikow, Guggenheim Securities Vice President of Automotive Equity Research told Yahoo Finance Live after Wednesday's report. "They put a lot of supply in place that needs to find a home. And the only tool they really have is cutting prices."

https://finance.yahoo.com/tesla-stoc...132505496.html


Seems as though "if you build it, they will come" has hit a wall. That is part of the problem all the other manufactures have also figured out.

There is want vs need. No one needs an EV, and those that want one likely already have one or can't afford it anyway.
Appreciate 6
Cos270608.50
Patton2502939.50
KRS_SN13485.00
M5Rick59977.50
Efthreeoh17276.00
      04-20-2023, 11:36 AM   #1864
Alfisti
Brigadier General
6499
Rep
3,030
Posts

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

The elephant in the room in North AMerica is a lot of the EV's being purchased are second vehicles. Convincing households to rely on them as primary cars will take some doing, again, i see noting but PHEV being the answer.
Appreciate 4
Cos270608.50
chad86tsi1605.00
Efthreeoh17276.00
      04-20-2023, 12:10 PM   #1865
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
2328
Rep
3,021
Posts

Drives: 12 plaids on order
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Tesla Land

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Model y about to surpass Corolla in most sales in a quarter!!

Dang!!
__________________
2035 on the move!!! lmaooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2023, 12:41 PM   #1866
zx10guy
Brigadier General
5150
Rep
3,241
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
Council's electric vehicle chargers hacked to show porn site


I don't see what the problem is...
Exactly. It's a subconscious way of getting your mind used to being f*cked with the new world of all EV while you're watching other people being f*cked.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 3
KRS_SN13485.00
chad86tsi1605.00
M5Rick59977.50
      04-20-2023, 01:30 PM   #1867
chad86tsi
Captain
chad86tsi's Avatar
1605
Rep
787
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Portland metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
168.16 USD
−12.43 (6.89%)today
Apr 20, 10:17 AM EDT

.
Tesla shorts are doing well today :

162.11 USD
−18.48 (10.23%)today
Apr 20, 2:27 PM EDT

It's a race, a race to the bottom.

https://electrek.co/2023/04/20/tesla...ty-going-away/

Many Tesla fans were holding on to the idea that Tesla was reducing prices to start a price war and not because it needed to create demand. These results and the automakerís comments yesterday confirmed what most people knew to be true: Tesla needed to reduce the price to create enough demand to match its production. Period.

But at the same time, the automaker tried to explain its pricing strategy by claiming that it is banking on achieving higher profits on the vehicles it is selling right now at lower gross margins by making them self-driving and selling future software features and subscriptions.

I think thatís where it is losing credibility.

Musk seems to believe that people donít understand the value that Tesla can create by making its electric vehicle self-driving.

The truth is that everyone understands the value, but fewer and fewer people are starting to believe that Tesla can deliver on its full self-driving promises. Thatís the issue.
Appreciate 3
KRS_SN13485.00
M5Rick59977.50
Efthreeoh17276.00
      04-20-2023, 02:12 PM   #1868
KRS_SN
Major General
KRS_SN's Avatar
United Kingdom
13485
Rep
5,197
Posts

Drives: IX,G07
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
Tesla shorts are doing well today :

162.11 USD
−18.48 (10.23%)today
Apr 20, 2:27 PM EDT

It's a race, a race to the bottom.

https://electrek.co/2023/04/20/tesla...ty-going-away/

Many Tesla fans were holding on to the idea that Tesla was reducing prices to start a price war and not because it needed to create demand. These results and the automakerís comments yesterday confirmed what most people knew to be true: Tesla needed to reduce the price to create enough demand to match its production. Period.



But at the same time, the automaker tried to explain its pricing strategy by claiming that it is banking on achieving higher profits on the vehicles it is selling right now at lower gross margins by making them self-driving and selling future software features and subscriptions.



I think thatís where it is losing credibility.



Musk seems to believe that people donít understand the value that Tesla can create by making its electric vehicle self-driving.



The truth is that everyone understands the value, but fewer and fewer people are starting to believe that Tesla can deliver on its full self-driving promises. Thatís the issue.

Imagine there was a town and You were the 1st person to open a Thai restaurant in the town the number of customers would show an exponential growth because you are the only one in the area.
The problem being that in due course other people will open a Thai restaurant as well and may be better the competition means that even if you cut prices this level of growth will never be the same as you experienced when you were the only restaurant in town.
There is a difference to this theory and that is when you have a special recipe or a special product which cannot be recreated by a competitor.
The difference between kfc apple or coca cola and Tesla. Superior product and uniqueness and Tesla has neither.
Ps shameless copy from Robert kiyosaki
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2023, 02:17 PM   #1869
SoCal_NSX
Major
SoCal_NSX's Avatar
2400
Rep
1,358
Posts

Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Center of the Universe

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
Tesla shorts are doing well today :

162.11 USD
−18.48 (10.23%)today
Apr 20, 2:27 PM EDT

It's a race, a race to the bottom.

https://electrek.co/2023/04/20/tesla...ty-going-away/

Many Tesla fans were holding on to the idea that Tesla was reducing prices to start a price war and not because it needed to create demand. These results and the automaker’s comments yesterday confirmed what most people knew to be true: Tesla needed to reduce the price to create enough demand to match its production. Period.

But at the same time, the automaker tried to explain its pricing strategy by claiming that it is banking on achieving higher profits on the vehicles it is selling right now at lower gross margins by making them self-driving and selling future software features and subscriptions.

I think that’s where it is losing credibility.

Musk seems to believe that people don’t understand the value that Tesla can create by making its electric vehicle self-driving.

The truth is that everyone understands the value, but fewer and fewer people are starting to believe that Tesla can deliver on its full self-driving promises. That’s the issue.
Tesla will out sell BMW and Mercedes combined in 2023....let that sink in for a moment.....that is insane

Tesla is brilliant with these moves and its sales figures prove it...They are letting people get a taste of Tesla at Honda Civic prices in hopes that it will lock them in as a customer for life....in most cases, it will probably work.

Tesla is so much more than self driving...that is actully low down on the list that make them so great. Instant speed, no more gas, no more maintenence, one pedal driving become very addicting. I hardly ever use the autopilot feature, its too much fun driving it myself
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2023, 02:18 PM   #1870
M3WC
Brigadier General
3645
Rep
3,244
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ...location...location

iTrader: (0)

Elon makes claim during earnings call, Cybertruck delivery event end of Q3.

https://electrek.co/2023/04/19/elon-...elivery-event/

Last edited by M3WC; 04-20-2023 at 02:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST