E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Tips on extracting rear toe eccentric bolt

06-05-2016, 06:23 PM   #1
benjlv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 97 m3, 06 330i, '13 x3, '14 x5

Tips on extracting rear toe eccentric bolt

Taking a bunch of camber out of the rear of my rust belt car (really not that rusty) so it hopefully doesn't wear 2 sets of rears per one set of fronts anymore. Anywho the camber adjustment went great but the eccentric bolts for the toe are seized in the bushings in a the toe links. Ive contemplated cutting it all out with a sawzall but i cant get a blade in there. Anyone have the same problem that can share their experience?

so far ive tried PB blaster, wrenching on it to the limits of my strength, swearing, pounding the bolt out with a hammer and a few very stiff cocktails to help with the pride. I think my next steps are to get my torch back from a friend, bigger hammer, a bigger breaker bar. If i can shear the bolt off at the bushing i can cut the other part off with a saw.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 09:45 PM   #2
benjlv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 97 m3, 06 330i, '13 x3, '14 x5

solution was get the bolt as hot as possible with a map gas torch then pound it out with a very large air hammer.
Appreciate 1