E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > BMW 335D - Service due!

06-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
335DieselPower
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D stock engine

BMW 335D - Service due!

Hi All,

I have booked my car in with my local mechanic for a full service this Thursday. I have made a list of all the things I want to be addressed:

Brake Fluid
Engine Oil Change
Engine Oil Top-up
Micro Filter
Fuel Filter
Brake Pads
Wheel Allignment

Have I missed anything or is there anything else I should be requesting?

PS: This is the last service before I get the car wrapped and remapped!

Thanks

Ryan.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
kaede
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Spark Plugs, Ignition coils (if you believe in preventative maintainence and feel like paying for it xD), Air Filter, Transmission oil, Differential Oil, (Clutch fluid flush if you drive Manual - do the 335D even come with stick?), Power steering fluid flush, tire rotation (if you're squared setup), check suspension parts to see if anything needs replacing or close to being replaced - Control arm bushings, tie rods, sway bar bushing, etc etc. Never actually heard people replacing fuel filter though, 335D specific thing? Because don't they have to drop the fuel tank to do that (which means many hours or labour = $$$)?

You've go a lot you can look at if you really want to maintain it to the max. Many can be done by yourself which will save you money and is a lot of fun. Good Luck!
08' E90 M3 6MT - DD
13' W212 E63 AMG Wagon
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
335DieselPower
First Lieutenant
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaede View Post
Spark Plugs, Ignition coils (if you believe in preventative maintainence and feel like paying for it xD), Air Filter, Transmission oil, Differential Oil, (Clutch fluid flush if you drive Manual - do the 335D even come with stick?), Power steering fluid flush, tire rotation (if you're squared setup), check suspension parts to see if anything needs replacing or close to being replaced - Control arm bushings, tie rods, sway bar bushing, etc etc. Never actually heard people replacing fuel filter though, 335D specific thing? Because don't they have to drop the fuel tank to do that (which means many hours or labour = $$$)?

You've go a lot you can look at if you really want to maintain it to the max. Many can be done by yourself which will save you money and is a lot of fun. Good Luck!
Thank you for your post!

No you are right, BMW 335D only comes in Auto. The filter is apparently meant to last the life of the 335D's but I suppose no harm. No spark plugs unfortunately and glow plugs seem fine as no problems with starts or cold starts. You have got me thinking now, suspension is a good one. I guess you're right. Nothing beats learning as you go along with a DIY.

Lazy I guess! Just want her to be fully maintained before I take the leap of remapping her! Don't forget to stay tuned to my threads, she will soon be matte blue!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
335DieselPower
First Lieutenant
England
Rep

I saw this on another thread and thought I would post it, I am going to use this!

Hope this helps anyone!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 335d Service Checklist.pdf (144.9 KB, 224 views)
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 06:13 AM   #5
335DieselPower
First Lieutenant
England
Rep

Since owning my 335d in 2012 I have it serviced every 6 months irrespective of mileage etc. Drives better now (108k) than when it was on 60k miles.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 06:20 AM   #6
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaede View Post

Well first off the OP owns a 335d, which is a diesel, so no spark plugs or coils. Secondly, fluid changes and suspension bushings really depends on age and mileage.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 06:28 AM   #7
335DieselPower
First Lieutenant
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Well first off the OP owns a 335d, which is a diesel, so no spark plugs or coils. Secondly, fluid changes and suspension bushings really depends on age and mileage.
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #8
GMWNashville
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 G05, 16 F80, 10 E70x5D

Fuel filter and def service..(exhaust fluid)
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #9
335DieselPower
First Lieutenant
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkswackin View Post
Fuel filter and def service..(exhaust fluid)
thanks for this

Build thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=856218

Appreciate 0