E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > BMW vs the rest

01-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
docjay
Second Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90

Garage List
BMW vs the rest

Good day everyone,i was in Switzerland last 2008 and i noticed that the Mercs(specially the C class) and the Audis seem to out number the Bimmers.Are the Mercs and Audis more popular in Europe?Just curious.
      01-16-2010, 01:21 AM   #2
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjay View Post
Good day everyone,i was in Switzerland last 2008 and i noticed that the Mercs(specially the C class) and the Audis seem to out number the Bimmers.Are the Mercs and Audis more popular in Europe?Just curious.
I live in Switzerland and barely see the C-klass. Audi, especially the S3/S4 and RS4 you see quite a lot here, for which the mean reason IMO is the quatro. However, BMW did really well the last years I would say, as I say many X5 and new 3 series. 335i all over the place
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 04:06 AM   #3
docjay
Second Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel b View Post
I live in Switzerland and barely see the C-klass. Audi, especially the S3/S4 and RS4 you see quite a lot here, for which the mean reason IMO is the quatro. However, BMW did really well the last years I would say, as I say many X5 and new 3 series. 335i all over the place
Thank you for your reply.I am happy to hear that BMW did well there.I spent 4 months in Berne and i visited Zurich,Lucerne,Lausanne,Geneva and Montreux. Your country is beautiful-picture perfect scenery,nice climate,clean and great transportation system....loved the chocolates too