E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Helix HEC BT for P Six DSP or DSP Pro

06-14-2015, 11:32 AM   #1
birdcatcher
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X5 35ixDrive E70

Helix HEC BT for P Six DSP or DSP Pro

I have seen some members here who are using Apple AE (or other gadgets) to stream music from their tab's, phones etc.

Recently, Helix has come out with their new extension card - Helix HEC BT, which is compatible with their P Six DSP (6 channel amp. + 8 channel DSP) and the DSP Pro (10 channel DSP).

Has anyone installed/ tried the HEC BT yet?
If yes, how does it live up to the other devices available today in terms of quality, connectivity, convenience etc.?
      06-14-2015, 03:14 PM   #2
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Yes, have used and sold quite a few. No complaints to date.

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 12:55 PM   #3
birdcatcher
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X5 35ixDrive E70

What I meant to ask was -

Bluetooth (technology) has certain limitations when it comes to data transfer i.e one cannot transfer high resolution files as bandwidth is limited.
Wifi on the other hand has more bandwidth/ higher data tfs. capability.

What I am curious to know is that is this HEC BT music streaming quality (latest bluetooth tech.) good or comparable to the AE's wifi music streaming?

If one is playing lossless/ other high resolution files, is there a noticeable loss in quality thru bluetooth (HEC BT) as compared to wifi (AE)?

(I have not used Apple AE in mobile application however I am assuming that it is linked to the phone/ tab thru wifi and then connected to the processor/ amp. with a toslink cable, no bluetooth here!)
      06-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #4
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Really depends on your device. Android, via AptX is going to be a good bit better than iOS but neither is going to be comparable to WiFi.

Then again, the rest of your setup would also be a factor. If a basic upgrade or OE drivers, you would be pretty hard pressed to notice a substantial difference.

If WiFi, in the car, is your Ultimate goal, then the Rainbow processor would be your best bet.

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0