E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Bimmian LEDS

05-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #23
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Kev is the man.

I would post up the LED's that I used, but I bought some online, some on ebay, and some in person. A lot of it was trial and error seeing if it worked. Also because they are all from different places, a lot of the LED's are slightly different colors.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 02:25 PM   #24
LaYzEe
Major
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethpetro View Post
And that's the EXACT reason i'm following your updates so closely! So many sites will claim proper fitment for entire LED sets but rarely do they work 100%.

Thanks for the updates.
+1. You the man Kev.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 09:11 PM   #25
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 G12 + 15 F06 + 17 F15

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmian View Post
Mark: You were the first one in THE WORLD to get this kit. Your car was our test car. You knew this. That is why i gave you the kit HALF PRICE, and spent over 2 hours installing them in the car.

Yes, they dont work right IN SOME VEHICLES (most they work fine - you are one of the unlucky few for reasons unknown - making the problem HARDER TO SOLVE). We are researching ways to fix this. For you to say that "support is minimal"... we are in contact several times a week. We have shipped you 3 sets of new bulbs to try. that is not a fair statement

I have always treated you with respect and attempted to give you the best service possible. In emails you seem friendly, and seem understanding, and always open to accepting new offers i have for you to get this set straightened out, then you create this, your SECOND POSTING complaining about my serivce behind my back.

I have done nothing but serve you well, yes, your kit doesnt work right at this moment, yes i am working on a solution. If i had one, you would have it, but we are working on it and i am doing everything i can to work with you in the mean time and minimize your disruption.

please uninstall the kit and bring it back to me. I will refund your money. I would rather not have someone complaining about my service and my products after all the assistance that i have given them.
Ian: We are now going on 2 months without a solution. Not to mention it takes 3 weeks before you ship me replacements.

When your dealing with BMW owners, they expect the best. That's why we drop 70G's on our rides without blinking an eye. (At least thats what I dropped and I'm talking about Canada here) I know because I'm in sales and I work in the restaurant industry. When my customers are having problems, I will jump through flaming hoops to get it solved ASAP. This helps my business reputation and helps me increase my sales.

I've asked you several times to come down to Mississuaga to assist me on this, and you were not interested. (For you American viewers, this is about a 45 minute drive from Bimmians office) That shows me you don't care about your customers or getting your products fixed. On top of that, I even reccomended your products to other forum members in which you sold them some product. I didn't even get a thank you for the reference.

This post is nothing personal, strictly business. I'm looking out the best interest of my fellow forum members and E90 owners. I feel a responsibility to do this. I will share my experience with every vendor I deal with whether it be negative or positive. I would expect the same in return.

Last edited by markymarc1979; 05-23-2008 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #26
bimmerboy69
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc1979 View Post
Ian: We are now going on 2 months without a solution. Not to mention it takes 3 weeks before you ship me replacements.

When your dealing with BMW owners, they expect the best. That's why we drop 70G's on our rides without blinking an eye. (At least thats what I dropped and I talking about Canada here) I know because I'm in sales and I work in the restaurant industry. When my customers are having problems, I will jump through flaming hoops to get it solved ASAP. This helps my business reputation and helps me increase my sales.

I've asked you several times to come down to Mississuaga to assist me on this, and you were not interested. (For you American viewers, this is about a 45 minute drive from Bimmians office) That shows me you don't care about your customers or getting your products fixed. On top of that, I even reccomended your products to other forum members in which you sold them some product. I didn't even get a thank you for the reference.

This post is nothing personal, strictly bsuiness. I'm looking out the best interest of my fellow forum members and E90 owners. I feel a responsibility to do this. I will share my experience with every vendor I deal with whether it be negative or positive. I would expect the same in return.

Amen Brother!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 07:18 AM   #27
bimmian
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:

When your dealing with BMW owners, they expect the best. That's why we drop 70G's on our rides without blinking an eye. (At least thats what I dropped and I'm talking about Canada here) I know because I'm in sales and I work in the restaurant industry. When my customers are having problems, I will jump through flaming hoops to get it solved ASAP. This helps my business reputation and helps me increase my sales.

This post is nothing personal, strictly business. I'm looking out the best interest of my fellow forum members and E90 owners. I feel a responsibility to do this. I will share my experience with every vendor I deal with whether it be negative or positive. I would expect the same in return.
First off, it took so long to get you new bulbs because i had to DEVELOP and tweak these bulbs. This is not something that can be done instantly, if it was, and if i had the materials on hand i would have done it while you were at my shop. If these bulbs were an off-the-shelf product, then every vendor on this forum would be selling them, and the HUNDREDS of forum users reading this post would not be having the same problems that you are.
The fact is, they are not, you were the FIRST CAR EVER that we tried out our bulbs on. YOU RECIEVED A LARGE DISCOUNT FOR BEING THE FIRST, and you didnt complain when i did that.

You have NO IDEA, what I had to go through in the background to get you the bulbs that i sent you after three weeks. Accusing somoene of not "jumping through flaming hoops" when you have no idea how much time or cost it took to try a solution is ignorant and then to post it publically is just plain rude.

Secondly, driving 45 minutes each way to install bulbs in your car is not a reasonable expectation to ask of someone. I would spend more gas driving to your house than the entire purchase price of the bulbs! You know that is not a reasonable request.

It wouldnt have even proven anyhting had i gone there. you told me they didnt work, that is all i needed to know. It takes 10 seconds for you to install the bulb, and then say yes or no.

Think about it, if someone came up to you and bought a single $50 cash register, and he had a glitch with it, would you help him / ship him a new part, Yes, of course you would. Would you drive 45 minutes each way so that you could do a 5 second install that the user is perfectly capable of doing themselves, of course not.

If you are dissatisfied with my service, i can do nothing more than give you refund, which i offered many times, yet, you still complain.

Seriously, bring the bulbs back, i will give you a refund. I would rather troubleshoot this problem with someone who is appreciative of the efforts that i am putting in, and patient enough to work with me to resolve these problems.

Your kind "warning to the community" is misleading, unreasonable and ill-informed. I hope the other readers of this thread care enough to understand that there is always a second side to every story.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 09:26 AM   #28
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Ian:

The reason why I was asking you to come to me was because I wasn't comfortable with the installation of the bulbs. I wanted to avoid damaging my car. I did significant damage to the frame surrounding my overhead lights trying to get to them. Also, while I was installing the LED's in the footwell, the LED's short circuited and sparked sparatically. Instead of providing me additional help with the installation, you merely send me a link to your website which provides a very brief and half fast installation guide. No where in your installation guide does it say to disconnect the wiring harness from the bulb housing to avoid sparking.

If you designated me as your test car, don't you think it would be a good idea for you to be present for the tests? So you can learn first hand whats wrong? Seems pretty obvious? I guess saving money on gas is more important then perfecting your product?? ( By the way, I would never ask any of my customers to perform hardware installations on their own, they are not qualified and would end up doing more damamge then good. I always travel to them no matter where they are.)

Regardless, this post is going nowhere. I don't want my money back, I want my LED's to function properly. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the discount you gave me. Why do you think I started promoting your products to fellow forum members and I asked for nothing in return? This is how I show my appreciation.

Again, this is nothing personal, strictly business. Please send me another batch of LED's when they are available. Upon receipt, I will send you back the set I have right now. I will continue to keep the community updated as events unfold.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #29
bimmerboy69
Rep

Amen Brother!!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #30
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
LOL Bimmerboy, don't you have anything else to say???
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 03:09 AM   #31
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Just a car

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
Quote:
Ian:

The reason why I was asking you to come to me was because I wasn't comfortable with the installation of the bulbs. I wanted to avoid damaging my car. I did significant damage to the frame surrounding my overhead lights trying to get to them. Also, while I was installing the LED's in the footwell, the LED's short circuited and sparked sparatically. Instead of providing me additional help with the installation, you merely send me a link to your website which provides a very brief and half fast installation guide. No where in your installation guide does it say to disconnect the wiring harness from the bulb housing to avoid sparking.

If you designated me as your test car, don't you think it would be a good idea for you to be present for the tests? So you can learn first hand whats wrong? Seems pretty obvious? I guess saving money on gas is more important then perfecting your product?? ( By the way, I would never ask any of my customers to perform hardware installations on their own, they are not qualified and would end up doing more damamge then good. I always travel to them no matter where they are.)

Regardless, this post is going nowhere. I don't want my money back, I want my LED's to function properly. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the discount you gave me. Why do you think I started promoting your products to fellow forum members and I asked for nothing in return? This is how I show my appreciation.

Again, this is nothing personal, strictly business. Please send me another batch of LED's when they are available. Upon receipt, I will send you back the set I have right now. I will continue to keep the community updated as events unfold.
Dude..changing the LED was my first mod after I got the car. I didn't find any problem. There is DIY show where the clips and how to take the Doom cover. Anyway, hope you get it resolved.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 08:21 AM   #32
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
I had a hell of a time finding the clips. In the meantime I bent the frame and now my done lights do not sit properly in the metal frame. I know it's my fault, but that is exactly why I didn't want to perform the installation myself.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #33
bimmerboy69
Rep

So which LED are people having success with? I don't want problems.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 04:11 PM   #34
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy69 View Post
So which LED are people having success with? I don't want problems.
As a Bimmian retailer, I can attest to the fact that their new and updated LEDs will work perfectly on your car. We have done several local installs and shipped a significant number of sets without any issues. If the product was causing problems, we certainly would not carry it but Bimmian has worked hard to ensure that it works without glitches on all model vehicles. They also fully back their products so if there is ever an issue, you can contact us and we can assist in fixing the problem or getting a replacement if necessary.

I applaud Ian for all of his hard work in product development to ensure that all issues are addressed and at little expense or hassle to the customer. We are truly proud to work with Bimmian and carry their product lineup simply based on the fact that they have a history of offering high quality and well backed upgrades to the community. Anything less would be unsatisfactory to both us and our customers.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #35
bimmerboy69
Rep

Hey nick thanks for your comments. Why does Mark have so many problems with his? I don't want to be in the same boat as him.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #36
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Hey nick thanks for your comments. Why does Mark have so many problems with his? I don't want to be in the same boat as him.
I would wait until a resolution has been reached with my car if I was you. If it happened to me, it could happen to you. No doubt, these LED's make your interior look extremely sexy. I'm looking forward to getting mine working. But ultimately it's your call.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #37
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
I am unsure other than that I know Mark has the very first prototype release that has since been updated with bulbs to make it work correctly on the E90/E92. The versions we are shipping have not had any problems with the updated bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #38
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
I am unsure other than that I know Mark has the very first prototype release that has since been updated with bulbs to make it work correctly on the E90/E92. The versions we are shipping have not had any problems with the updated bulbs.
Does that mean that the map light LEDs will stay on when you turn over the engine? It has been a long standing, known problem in the past that the LEDs will turn off when you turn over the engine.
      05-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #39
kennethpetro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i JB/Black Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Does that mean that the map light LEDs will stay on when you turn over the engine? It has been a long standing, known problem in the past that the LEDs will turn off when you turn over the engine.
I'm still waiting to hear a response to this as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #40
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

I have the bimmian high power led installed on my E92 for over 2 mth now. And they are problem free(keep the figure cross) at these moment. And other than the front map light, I dun have issue put the bulbs on even without look into the DIY section. But I have the same issue as Mark that bend the front liner clip and still not able to get the front map lamp assembly out! well at least I able to replace the center one by removing the clear plastic cover.

On the other hand, the bimmian led side marker really have fitments issue on E92 and also is not weather proof as the oem one! I end up spent 2 hr to sand it down and made my own weather proof strip in order to fit the suckers on my car!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #41
kennethpetro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ians View Post
I have the bimmian high power led installed on my E92 for over 2 mth now. And they are problem free(keep the figure cross) at these moment. And other than the front map light, I dun have issue put the bulbs on even without look into the DIY section. But I have the same issue as Mark that bend the front liner clip and still not able to get the front map lamp assembly out! well at least I able to replace the center one by removing the clear plastic cover.

On the other hand, the bimmian led side marker really have fitments issue on E92 and also is not weather proof as the oem one! I end up spent 2 hr to sand it down and made my own weather proof strip in order to fit the suckers on my car!
What year e92 do you have? I've heard that the '08's already have an LED side marker....right?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #42
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ians View Post
Might as well replace the bulb in the stock housing with an LED bulb. The side markers are not monitored by the ECU so you can put an LED in without triggering a code. That would have saved you much grief.
      05-26-2008, 08:28 PM   #43
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethpetro View Post
What year e92 do you have? I've heard that the '08's already have an LED side marker....right?
mine is 08 and the side marker is not led but the rear license plate one is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev
Might as well replace the bulb in the stock housing with an LED bulb. The side markers are not monitored by the ECU so you can put an LED in without triggering a code. That would have saved you much grief.
But the bimmian 3 led side marker looks good even if it is not flashing. Well since it is already in my car, I am not going to touch it! I know it will be a nightmare to take it out...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #44
kennethpetro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=ians;2730382]mine is 08 and the side marker is not led but the rear license plate one is.

The only reason I ask is because i'm picking mine up June 4th ....

Is the light on the exterior door handle LED? I think they may call them the puddle lights
Appreciate 0