E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Passenger door stuck closed.

03-11-2017, 05:04 PM   #1
IkeHirzel
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

Passenger door stuck closed.

A few months ago, my passenger door stopped unlock with the key fob and could only be opened mechanically, but the other day, it just stopped opening altogether. Neither of the handles, the central locking button, nor the key fob work to unlock it, but when I do try, I can hear the locking mechanism moving, it just doesn't unlock.

I already replaced the fuses, but to no avail. From what I've read around the internet, it's the little nylon gear on the inside having been worn down, which would explain the noise I hear. I would just take it to the local mechanic, but they quoted me at $450, and I don't have the kinda dosh just laying around.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get the lock actuator out in this case? There are other threads on here about this issue, but none of them have a solution that works for me. I've heard drilling it out works, but I can't find where to drill to release it.

Thanks in advance,
Ike
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 05:16 PM   #2
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477507

It's not too difficult. I did it on my friend's Z3 and there was a lot of little things and rods to remove, but the E90 is much simpler.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 06:40 PM   #3
Gaspo
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E91 320D -2009

First of all the $ in that diy isent correct the actuator is about 130-150usd. It's an easy job if you are lucky. My rear passenger door got stuck. Couldn't open frome inside or outside. Could hear the mechanics on mine too! When stripped the door interior I tried to open it by pulling the wire that connects to the actuator also tried the arm on the actuator nothing. I could not open the damn door. I tried several hours. And believe not a pleasure found this laying in the backseat. It's tight in the backseat :-) Then googled for hours and hours. And found only one dude that had the same problem and he had the solution. Here it is:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=730211
Appreciate 0