E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E90 Removing trunk open chime/dash warning

12-15-2019, 11:37 AM   #1
Blakex2212
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1999 M3, 2007 335i, 2005 545i

E90 Removing trunk open chime/dash warning

Okay so here we go! Recently acquired an 07 335i that had water damage from a clogged sunroof. Took out the interior to clean and deodorize. Replaced the first box as the sunroof runoff was leaking directly onto it. As well I resealed the right side vapor barriers on the doors as they were dripping as well.

Now to the issue! The trunk warning light come on when the car moved and I cannot resolve that issue! I checked for continuity in all the wires from the latch to inside the actual trunk cargo area to rule out a sliced wire. Replaced the latch from another trunk with a known good one from my 545i. Which leads me to think the JBE may have sustained some damage. As of now I can’t see any water intrusions on the circuitry of the JBE. Therefore I was digging around in NCS EXPERT to see if there was a way to disable the trunk warning? I could not find of function for this but I would have to imagine there would be one. I checked in KOMBI but did not see anything. Has anyone seen this function before? If so... please point me in the direction of it!
Appreciate 0