E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > "Memory Full" Error on backup to USB

05-14-2022, 12:44 PM   #1
JustAnotherDudee
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90

"Memory Full" Error on backup to USB

Tried to backup my music collection to my USB. After finally getting it to recognise my SanDisk by formatting it to FAT32 and shrinking my partition to 8GB (the rest of the 64GB pen drive is unallocated) because apparently it won't recognise a USB Drive bigger than that. Now it gives me a "Memory Full" error when I attempt to back up my music collection. Which is hefty, only 630MB is available out of the 12.5GB allocation on the HDD. Any thoughts?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 12:48 PM   #2
JustAnotherDudee
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90

Upon writing this I realise it probably just means that it can't backup anything because it's 12GB worth of data and the partition is 8GB... I'll try increasing the partition size and/or trying to backup individual folders first (though I thought I did that) and update.
Appreciate 0