E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New to the bimmer life got many questions

06-28-2018, 06:18 AM   #1
Joemintball
Rep
Drives: E91 330D MSport 2007

New to the bimmer life got many questions

Hi all recently joined the BM club got myself a 330D 2007 E91 MSPORT
Loving the car so far however I've got a couple of issues with it that I'm not sure of and any help would be much appreciated

1.my boot is quite hard to open I've changed the gas struts for new ones but if you look from the side of the car down the line of the boot at the top it is out of adjustment it's too close at one side and too far away at the other I replied to adjust the height of the boot it's quite simple it's the 4 torx bolts on display as you open the tailgate but can anyone shed any light on what is involved to adjust how close it is to the car it would be much appreciated.

2. Audio..... After reading a few of the older posts on here I've realised if your car didn't have the hi Fi option or Harbon kardon it sounds rubbish (which it does ) I have the idrive system but the sound us awful so my questions is this

2.1 the under seat subwoofers also play hi frequency sound which seems stupid to me how are they wired up?

2.2 is there an amp somewhere I've had s nosy in the rear left hand side of the boot and don't see anything back thete.

2.3 does the factory I drive system have any pre outs on the. Back to fit an aftermarket amp.

2.4 if I do fit an amp there is no volume indicator on the I drive so I can test at what point the frequency starts to clip at what volume as it's not displayed then trying to get it to the same volume again without being able to see it (can this be coded I have the stuff and used the NCS expert before to code digi speed display)

Cheers all in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 09:43 AM   #2
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

Welcome to the club!

Adjusting Rear Lid

This link contains the instructions as well as body gap specs that should also be of use to you.

Regarding the amp, I don't have any personal experience to offer here beyond concurring that the base stereo sounds like shit, but the info here might be helpful: Stereo System Overview
Appreciate 1
AoS81097.00
      06-28-2018, 09:49 AM   #3
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

do you have the equalizer in the idrive setup?

there's a thread here with some decent informatino about setting it. I started with the coupe settings and then tuned it with some pink noise. Sounds much better.

I do have logic 7. It's still OE trash, but it's a better OE trash.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #4
Joemintball
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post
Welcome to the club!

Adjusting Rear Lid

This link contains the instructions as well as body gap specs that should also be of use to you.

Regarding the amp, I don't have any personal experience to offer here beyond concurring that the base stereo sounds like shit, but the info here might be helpful: Stereo System Overview
Thanks for your help this will help immensely cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 10:12 AM   #5
Joemintball
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjames View Post
do you have the equalizer in the idrive setup?

there's a thread here with some decent informatino about setting it. I started with the coupe settings and then tuned it with some pink noise. Sounds much better.

I do have logic 7. It's still OE trash, but it's a better OE trash.
No idea about the equaliser how would I find out cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 10:30 AM   #6
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

go into the setting menu and look for "audio"
you'll see treble/bass/fader and hopefully a graphic equalizer.

Somewhere there's a thread around here with the equalizer settings from the e92, they were close.

but basicaly chop the mid range and the top, the speakers are more sensitive there so the mids and highs have big nasty drops in between because of speaker response.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 11:23 AM   #7
tvon
nub
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Garage List
Never used them (and it seems quite expensive), but BAVSOUND has some plug-and-play audio upgrades for bimmers.

(edit: It's been like 20 years since I shopped for car audio things so I really have no idea if bavsound is expensive or not)

Last edited by tvon; 06-28-2018 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 11:34 AM   #8
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemintball View Post
Hi all recently joined the BM club got myself a 330D 2007 E91 MSPORT
Loving the car so far however I've got a couple of issues with it that I'm not sure of and any help would be much appreciated

1.my boot is quite hard to open I've changed the gas struts for new ones but if you look from the side of the car down the line of the boot at the top it is out of adjustment it's too close at one side and too far away at the other I replied to adjust the height of the boot it's quite simple it's the 4 torx bolts on display as you open the tailgate but can anyone shed any light on what is involved to adjust how close it is to the car it would be much appreciated.

2. Audio..... After reading a few of the older posts on here I've realised if your car didn't have the hi Fi option or Harbon kardon it sounds rubbish (which it does ) I have the idrive system but the sound us awful so my questions is this

2.1 the under seat subwoofers also play hi frequency sound which seems stupid to me how are they wired up?

2.2 is there an amp somewhere I've had s nosy in the rear left hand side of the boot and don't see anything back thete.

2.3 does the factory I drive system have any pre outs on the. Back to fit an aftermarket amp.

2.4 if I do fit an amp there is no volume indicator on the I drive so I can test at what point the frequency starts to clip at what volume as it's not displayed then trying to get it to the same volume again without being able to see it (can this be coded I have the stuff and used the NCS expert before to code digi speed display)

Cheers all in advance
Get an after mkt amp like Rockford Fosgate 360.3 and Bav Sound speakers.

https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/news...ble-in-stores/

https://www.bavsound.com/?gclid=EAIa...SAAEgJzO_D_BwE
Appreciate 0