E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > DDE/CAS/Key coding issue

01-04-2020, 07:06 AM   #1
BMWGuy26
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e91 330d, BMW e46 328i

Question DDE/CAS/Key coding issue

Hi All, I have recently done a DDE/CAS/Key change on my E91 330d auto, due to water damaged ECU.

I fitted a second hand DDE and CAS and got multiple warning lights but car runs. DDE had same part numbers but was from a 530d e60. I am completely new to coding ECU’s and have spent days reading the forums to gather the info required to attempt this. However, am now stuck and cannot find this issue anywhere else.

Currently main issue is: ABS/traction control light and tamper dot next to mileage still on after update of VIN – confirmed in Inpa, however is still showing original vin in tool 32, ncsexpert and vehicle status in Inpa?

Back story:
• Winfkp to change the Vin on DDE and CAS using the E60 and E89 datens from bimmergeeks.

• Used coding tool to update datens and loaded into Winfkp.

• I took the ZUSB number from inpa and entered the correct vin number, then coded to match the rest of the vehicles modules. E60 datens for DDE and E89 for CAS (with key removed). I also changed the other modules that had YYYYYY or 000000 as Vin.

• I then confirmed “in functional jobs – UIF” the change of Vin in Inpa which showed correctly (every module now has same vin).

• However, when clicking on vehicle settings in Inpa, when having the DDE or CAS selected, I get the original Vin showing not the new one. So, I went into tool 32 and ncsexpert and checked the vin there, also got the old Vin not the new. I am assuming that the modules are still not talking due to incorrect Vin even though I changed with WINfkp…….

• My OBD2 diagnostic tool is also saying vin mismatch still. Not sure how to fix this?

This may be irrelevant if Vins incorrect but I attempted to reset/calibrate the steering angle sensor to hopefully remove the abs/traction control lights. I could not do this in INPA (got warning – steering angle sensor only with wheel balancer) so tried tool 32 using 'lenkwinkel dsc abgleichen’ on my dsc.prg file but again got errors and this did not work. I managed to see that the steering wheel angle was incorrect using Inpa, it is at “!623” which is off the scale.

I was about to try and change Vin in tool 32 with the “last letter/18th” added to the Vin which I can see in NSexpert but nothing else. Not sure if this is the best thing to do, anyone else have any better ideas please?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 01:54 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Maybe you should try DrGini comes with the bimmergeeks standart
tools and there is a video on how to use it in the e60 sections of

https://www.nathansbmwworkshop.com/b...or-dean-videos
Appreciate 0