E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 Auto New Transmission need reflash?

11-27-2020, 02:28 PM   #1
meekz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

N54 Auto New Transmission need reflash?

Hi all, just got my n54 auto transmission replaced and the car is currently flashed with xhp stage 3. I noticed it will not go into Sport or Manual mode unless I change gear, and after that it will go back to drive. I no longer have the gear number next to the Drive symbol on the dash either. Does this require a reflash? Any help is appreciated thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 05:15 PM   #2
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

You had the old transmission flashed, not the replacement. Not sure if Xhp would code it to the car with matching VIN but you need that too
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 06:12 PM   #3
blown07
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

My understanding is you can still use your XHP General flash license but you will have to buy the transmission flash again. You can reuse the specific transmission flash again only if you had removed it from the old transmission AND the new transmission TCU has the same hardware number. When I upgraded to the newer TCU I just bought the Sutphin flash for my new TCU which is far superior to anything that XHP offers...one idea for you. I was able to use my existing General license to flash the Sutphin tune. I also recoded the transmission to the cars VIN number but I'm not sure if that was necessary in the end.

335xi FBO,Meth,JB4,Sutphin flash,VTT stage1 11.38 1/4 - 7.30 1/8th - 3.35 0 to 60 @ 0C
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 01:47 PM   #4
E93Beast
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown07 View Post
My understanding is you can still use your XHP General flash license but you will have to buy the transmission flash again. You can reuse the specific transmission flash again only if you had removed it from the old transmission AND the new transmission TCU has the same hardware number. When I upgraded to the newer TCU I just bought the Sutphin flash for my new TCU which is far superior to anything that XHP offers...one idea for you. I was able to use my existing General license to flash the Sutphin tune. I also recoded the transmission to the cars VIN number but I'm not sure if that was necessary in the end.
What exactly does the Sutphin tune do that is superior to xHP ?
Genuinely curious as I run xHP stg 3 but still have some concerns and its NOT the hardware.
P.m. me if you like. Thx in advance.
Appreciate 0