E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Got into an accident - Need help choosing replacement parts.

11-01-2019, 01:27 PM   #1
xjackhunter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Got into an accident - Need help choosing replacement parts.

Hello everyone,
Last night someone backed into my parked car and did quite a lot of damage. I am going to need to replace the front bumper, hood, and driver's side headlight.

My car is an E93 335i.

I'm going to do all of the replacement work myself once I get the insurance check, however I am not sure what kind of parts to get.

1) Front Bumper
I currently have an M3 style front bumper, but I would be open to suggestions for a different style bumper. I know there's a ton of options online, but I'd rather get info from people with actual experience with said products.

2) Hood
My current hood is stock, and I'm wondering if I should purchase an aftermarket hood or a stock hood. The visual appeal of an aftermarket hood is a nice, however I am more worried about the quality/fitment of a hood. In that case, would OEM be the best option?

3) Headlights
I have stock headlights on the car now. My only concern with this is the price of an OEM replacement headlight. If I got a brand new one, it wouldn't match the aging passenger side headlight, and would be a crap-ton of money. Does anyone have experience with aftermarket headlights for the e92/93 - and if so does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks guys!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 02:11 PM   #2
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
I can't really help with respect to point 1, but for 2 and 3 I would just check for used stuff online. Tons of options as these cars have been around for ever. I would look for a decent used hood the same colour to save the paint and prep. Same for the headlight, look for used then re-polish both to bring them back to new.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 02:15 PM   #3
El Cheapo Loco
douchebaggo
Rep
Drives: stick

My opinion:

Bumper - styling is subjective. Get anything that's NOT fiberglass.
Hood - OEM. Fitment is the biggest concern and I can't live with uneven or exaggerated gaps.
Headlight - OEM. Aftermarket lights can never match the output/dispersion of OEM. And if you have AHL, then there's no aftermarket replacement anyway.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 02:59 PM   #4
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

It's impossible to tell from the picture but there may be damaged parts behind the surface damage. The adjuster should have experience in establishing the cost to repair. As mentioned, sourcing a used hood, bumper and headlight shouldn't be too difficult. I'd stick with BMW headlight and hood but an aftermarket Sport bumper would look great and save money that you could use for a lip.