E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: Retrofitting a Professional HU with USB and Bluetooth

01-29-2019, 04:16 PM   #419
Kjb1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 325d e92, e61 525d, e28 525e

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 01:43 PM   #420
Kjb1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Gents, anyone???
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 04:59 PM   #421
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjb1 View Post
Hi there, bit of a blast from the past, but you seem to be the guys ( a few years ago ) to go to for advice re bluetooth headunits. My car is a 2007 e92 with professional head unit, bluetooth and voice activation all from factory. All working except my stereo screen is awful. I kept my eye out on gumtree and found a bargain! A bluetooth / usb built in head unit from a 2011 car for £10 😂. Ive fitted it, everything works, except my microphone on the bluetooth calling and voice activation ( no coding so far ). I bought a loom from china with microphone, which i have plugged into the rear of the headunit into the multiblock connector where suggested, but still nothing. I mounted this up in the headlining the other side to my original microphone from the mulf in the car. Can you think of anything why this isnt working? And how I can rectify it? I can pair phone, make calls, just the mics are not functioning. Any advice greatly appreciated.
I would add $6FL to your VO and then run a factory code to 2URAD
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 01:21 PM   #422
Kjb1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Solved it! Ran a scan with Carly, had a short circuit fault on mic for the head unit. Bought a cheap Mic from China. Solved by splitting connector at back of head unit for that new mic, and swapping the pins!! Worked straight away 👍
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 01:24 AM   #423
M3nt4l
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F20, BMW E91

Coding Help

Hi,

Thanks to everyone on here for contributing, I just need a bit of clarification:

I have a 2010 BMW E91 NON iDrive registered in 04/10, originally installed was a professional HU without Bluetooth and USB but it has a CD Changer. There is no MULF in boot either.

I am looking at upgrading to Professional HU 07/10 with built in Bluetooth and USB function (It has the white port on the back). I have all the wires and microphone etc

I am a bit stuck with the coding side of it. I know I need to change the VO of the car.

Will I need to change the VIN on the HU? (If so a step by step guide would be great)

Are these the three VO's I will need to add: $663 $6NN $6FL?

Will the CD changer still work?

Anything else I may have missed?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 12:15 PM   #424
Hotter
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 328i -> 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tov.Saahov View Post
Hello dear!
I have a car E90 03/2011, stood Radio BMW Professional, I decided to change a BMW Professional USB and Bluetooth (12/2010).
So, when encoding at me out this error:
"Look at CABI.ERR and ERROR.LOG
COAPI-2020: SG antwortet nicht IFH-0009: SG nicht angeschlossen oder meldet sich nicht RAD2.
COAPI-2020: SG antwortet nicht SG-codieren"

I have read the entire forum, but, unfortunately, did not understand how to fix this error ... ((
In other forums offer to exchange diagnostic cable INPA. On the ICOM or OPS. They justify this by saying that INPA do not miss the big packet data rad2 and MULF2. Help please! Thanks for earlier!
I have the same issue when changed TCU to MULF2_HI. My RAD2 module for some reason is called as 2URAD in NCSExpert. Added $644 and $6LF and getting the same error on SG_CODIEREN. Tried doing SG_RESET turns off and on radio but nothing changes, I still see BMW assist and no bluetooth.
Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #425
1hustler
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92, e87, e53, e46

e92 head unit retrofit bluetooth

Hi,
I have a head unit as shown in picture attached, I can connect my phone via bluetooth to it and listen calls and scroll phone book but i can not stream music to it? what do i need to do in order to get audio streaming from phone to it?

By reading this thread i can see i might have to do VO coding for $644 .. etc?
One guy said it is impossible to code this Headunit for audio streaming, i wonder how it can be true as from phone it is streaming high quality voice over some profile..

any suggestions welcome.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 02:32 PM   #426
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

this HU can't do bluetooth streaming, but you can use additional tune2air wma3000b with it to get streaming via usb port
      07-24-2019, 04:20 AM   #427
streetpro
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: e92 335iA

Garage List
I was having troubles to get the USB function (I saw the icon on HU, after clocking the cable at the rear connector-stripping the notches, I could get the USB stick to light up LED but nothing else) and it has turned out to be the cable/socket defective.
I have bought another (looks larger) combo from AliX and it works even with 32GB USB stick (it takes longer for the HU to recognise it).
      07-30-2019, 04:21 AM   #428
streetpro
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Garage List
Some update - it works with some minor bugs such as:
- some mp3 are played kind of in an intro mode, it just skips into following track after let say a half of the current track,
- it goes out of USB to Radio by itself occasionally, it happened twice, not a big deal,
- it plays mp4 videos sound track, hence you may "listen" to a movie.

I assume those flaws might be due to a way large USB stick (I have been told that it safely supports up to 8GB, I don´t know if it is true) and that it is full of other staff (many folders/files).
      07-31-2019, 03:20 AM   #429
Chocio
Registered
Norway
Rep
Drives: E91 320D

i just want access to PM
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 07:33 AM   #430
streetpro
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Garage List
update - 8GB works perfectly, no skips, no "fake intro" mode... however microphone is still not active, phone pairs/connects fine, phone call goes well, I can hear laud and clear but mic is not picking up anything...
      06-03-2021, 03:56 AM   #431
Jose_JN
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: e93 330d

Hi Chris575M ,

In response to your private message (for some reason you are not allowed to receive PMs...) I post it here in public:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris575M
Hello Jose,

I came across a number of your posts on this subject and I was hoping for some help.

I have recently installed a BMW Professional CD HU with USB + BLUETOOTH to my 2005 BMW 320i (EU spec). The car had a professional cd HU with AUX installed from the factory but no bluetooth and usb.

The installation was done by a BMW Technician and everything works fine as it should apart from the car's microphone. I can hear others perfectly through the speakers of the car, but the person I am having a conversation with cannot hear me. It looks like it cannot receive the sound from the microphone or it cannot pass it through to the phone and transmit it to the person I am having a conversation with.

The technician checked the cables and the microphone and everything seems ok. He even replaced them with new ones, but to no avail. I also contacted the buyer to make sure that it was installed correctly.

The radio has not been coded to the car though, whatsoever, and the screen cannot tell the VIN number and on the display shows: 'BMW?????'

It also speaks German as I have bought it brand new from a seller in Germany.

The HU has a 2013 production date.

I have seen your posts (of 2011- 2012) on changing the language on yours to Spanish and also tricking the DME to believe that the car has a newer VIN, but I wouldn't know if that is the problem here.

Could you please help?

Sincere regards,

Chris

You have to code it with an empty MAN file using NCS Expert.
In order to do that, first you have to manipulate your VO/FA in NCS while coding (it is NOT necessary to persist the manipulated FA neither in CAS nor FRM, just change it during the coding session)

The changes you have to do:
- Update Production date to 0911 (September 2011)
- Add:
663 Professiona HU
6NN Bluetooth built-in (remove 644 if you already had it
6FL USB audio.

After coding it, it should work in your car's language (english I suppose)

Regarding to the mic issue, it sould work without doing anything else. If the bluetooth is enabled and you can call someone else, your mic shoud work.

Are you sure you have connected it in the proper pins? You can check them at: (Minute 4:38)

(the plug you have to use is the Right one, not the nearest to the fuse.)

Best regards.
      09-08-2021, 06:37 AM   #432
Jurciks
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 325i

Great write up! I have installed the Pro HU, but now i have double PDC sound. Could you please advise what exactly i should code, to get just the new pdc sound?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 03:57 AM   #433
risbo8
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 325i; BMW E46 320D

Hello all,

I have read the entire thread, but couldn't find the answer.
I have a 2005. E90 professional radio with BT device in the trunk(without USB), I've managed to get a 2011. radio with integrated BT and USB, my question is will I be able to use the existing microphone in my car with the new HU when I code it to my car?

The existing BT is very buggy, and often blocks all the functions of the HU, then I have to wait for about an hour for it to work again.. Tried the hard restart/reset, but no luck..
So I've decided to get the HU with integrated BT, and USB which is a nice addition

Many thanks in advance for the answer.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 11:10 AM   #434
supercati
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335xi E92 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by risbo8 View Post
Hello all,

I have read the entire thread, but couldn't find the answer.
I have a 2005. E90 professional radio with BT device in the trunk(without USB), I've managed to get a 2011. radio with integrated BT and USB, my question is will I be able to use the existing microphone in my car with the new HU when I code it to my car?

The existing BT is very buggy, and often blocks all the functions of the HU, then I have to wait for about an hour for it to work again.. Tried the hard restart/reset, but no luck..
So I've decided to get the HU with integrated BT, and USB which is a nice addition

Many thanks in advance for the answer.
I was in the same situation, doing upgrade on an E90 with existing Bluetooth in the trunk (TCU / MULF / MULF2), Professional radio with all the pixels kapput, and mic already on the car. Problem is that the mic is wired from the FZD to the trunk, not to the radio.

You can run a new harness from the back of the radio as on the first post (pin 1 and 6) to behind the globebox, and tap it there to the existing mic cable because there is a connector: X14087 https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=546 . Just connect the 2 new cables where the yellow and black cable sit on the male connector (male connector only has 3 cables on it).

Then delete $644, change date to #0911, add $663, $6FL, $6NN and recode 2RAD/RAD (SG_Codieren).

The module on the trunk can be removed then (to be safe use a fiber optic bridge on the fiber optic connector).
2008 BMW 130i E81 (LCI) MT
2007 BMW 130i E81 (LCI) MT
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2023, 06:04 PM   #435
Crackerjack1000
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercati View Post
I was in the same situation, doing upgrade on an E90 with existing Bluetooth in the trunk (TCU / MULF / MULF2), Professional radio with all the pixels kapput, and mic already on the car. Problem is that the mic is wired from the FZD to the trunk, not to the radio.

You can run a new harness from the back of the radio as on the first post (pin 1 and 6) to behind the globebox, and tap it there to the existing mic cable because there is a connector: X14087 https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=546 . Just connect the 2 new cables where the yellow and black cable sit on the male connector (male connector only has 3 cables on it).

Then delete $644, change date to #0911, add $663, $6FL, $6NN and recode 2RAD/RAD (SG_Codieren).

The module on the trunk can be removed then (to be safe use a fiber optic bridge on the fiber optic connector).

Also in the same situation. Have a 06 build date with professional radio with bluetooth just dead pixels. Got a professional head unit out of a 2012 car with bluetooth. Everything seems to work except my mic and I get a SOS warning. Do I need to do the same? Also same coding? Just changing the date to #0912?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 05:13 AM   #436
Rone
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91

Hello everyone. I read the whole thread and learned a lot. I drive an E91 2006, with Top HiFi system and my CCC unit broke. Just turn on the button lighting and the fan runs constantly. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 08:49 AM   #437
ahmetcanack
Rep
Drives: E90 320D

New to the forum, needs some help... Sorry if its the wrong thread.

Hi bimmer fellas. I have a e90 2012 with cic.

I also have the bn2000 combox in the trunk but I do not have bluetooth activated.

Also the voice control button on the steering wheel does nothing.

I would like to have bluetooth connectivity.

I am wondering, is the mic cable is prewired and the car only lacks the mic?

Or should i route a cable in order to active bluetooth?

I believe I also lack the bluetooth antenna.

I talked to a local shop which claims that it is codeable. But also says that finding a mic would cost a lot.

Is there any chance that there is already a mic there?

Also by any chance is it possible to active bluetooth without coding?

I also would like to upgrade the cic software to the latest but bmw page gives an error.

Could you please help me out? I am trying to learn.

Thanks in advance guys. Have a good day.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 11:20 AM   #438
ptpending
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmetcanack View Post
Hi bimmer fellas. I have a e90 2012 with cic.

I also have the bn2000 combox in the trunk but I do not have bluetooth activated.

Also the voice control button on the steering wheel does nothing.

I would like to have bluetooth connectivity.

I am wondering, is the mic cable is prewired and the car only lacks the mic?

Or should i route a cable in order to active bluetooth?

I believe I also lack the bluetooth antenna.

I talked to a local shop which claims that it is codeable. But also says that finding a mic would cost a lot.

Is there any chance that there is already a mic there?

Also by any chance is it possible to active bluetooth without coding?

I also would like to upgrade the cic software to the latest but bmw page gives an error.

Could you please help me out? I am trying to learn.

Thanks in advance guys. Have a good day.
you need mic with wiring
bluetooth antenna with wire
coding
      08-14-2023, 01:33 PM   #439
ahmetcanack
Rep
Drives: E90 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpending View Post
you need mic with wiring
bluetooth antenna with wire
coding
Thank you for your answer, do you think that the mic cable is not present in my car. I remember reading something about cars that have the bn2000 but do not have the bluetooth activated comes with the mic cable prewired. By any chance that its true?

Also, I am able to connect my iphone 11 with a usb cable via the usb port in the armrest. It kind of shows the album art but when i chance the song, it almost always does not refresh the album art and the name of the song etc. Why do you think it is happening? Can I do something about it?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 02:23 PM   #440
ptpending
Colonel
Rep

no chance
the prewired cars are only US pre 2008/09 cars
or some old cars with CCC HU had mic for voice control already
you can decode your options list to see if you have voice control option, otherwise no chance that you will have mic or mic wiring