E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Anyone use mObridge MOST25 8.1.1 Amp

06-08-2021, 03:48 PM   #1
E92_James
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i | 2020 X3 X30i

Garage List
2019 F36 440i  [0.00]
Anyone use mObridge MOST25 8.1.1 Amp

I've been eyeing this amplifier for a while now and I was wondering if anyone here has used it? mObridge MOST25 8.1.1 Amp. Seems like a nice deal for someone that just wants to run something off the MOST interface rather than analog (this thing also has a DSP!)

I'm a little disappointed with how my current setup is sounds very muddy overall and muffled especially when compared to the HK system in my 435i

my current setup (started off base audio no amp):

CIC Head Unit
Individual Audio Front Mids and Tweets (also with oem crossovers also currently dont have any rear speakers due to the car being gutted )
HK Underseat woofers
Pioneer 4 Channel Amp
JL Cleansweep
Power Acoustik 1 Channel (Trunk Sub)
Alpine Type R 12" Sub
Random 2 channel amp for underseats

Sounds horrible with a ton of money wasted, but then again it was only just to hold me over until I have an idea on what I wanted to do with the car if I wanted to sell it or not.
Best way i can describe it is REALLY LOUD and muffled, like a layer of bass going through every speaker. however the sound being so muffled and sounding terrible has been like that even before I touched the audio back when I had base audio so I'm not sure what's wrong with the thing. Also the tweeters are super super loud and bright it hurts the ears..

Considering replacing the 2 channel and 4 channel amp with that mobridge and getting rid of the cleansweep, then coding my CIC to hk so it can output audio through most, then jehnerts in the underseats but i'm not sure what to do with the mids and tweets, I was thinking morel hybrid ovations but I'm not sure I want to drop $700 on mids and tweets like that..

I have to consider because It's an E92 I can't shove in a big one like a E90 can, I also saw the JL C5-400cm but still don't have a clear answer as to how I'd mount it

Definitely want to retrofit NBT EVO ID6 into the E92 but that's a discussion for another day, still don't know where to even start for that
      06-15-2021, 01:52 AM   #2
forrest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_James View Post
I've been eyeing this amplifier for a while now and I was wondering if anyone here has used it? mObridge MOST25 8.1.1 Amp. Seems like a nice deal for someone that just wants to run something off the MOST interface rather than analog (this thing also has a DSP!)

I'm a little disappointed with how my current setup is sounds very muddy overall and muffled especially when compared to the HK system in my 435i

my current setup (started off base audio no amp):

CIC Head Unit
Individual Audio Front Mids and Tweets (also with oem crossovers also currently dont have any rear speakers due to the car being gutted )
HK Underseat woofers
Pioneer 4 Channel Amp
JL Cleansweep
Power Acoustik 1 Channel (Trunk Sub)
Alpine Type R 12" Sub
Random 2 channel amp for underseats

Sounds horrible with a ton of money wasted, but then again it was only just to hold me over until I have an idea on what I wanted to do with the car if I wanted to sell it or not.
Best way i can describe it is REALLY LOUD and muffled, like a layer of bass going through every speaker. however the sound being so muffled and sounding terrible has been like that even before I touched the audio back when I had base audio so I'm not sure what's wrong with the thing. Also the tweeters are super super loud and bright it hurts the ears..

Considering replacing the 2 channel and 4 channel amp with that mobridge and getting rid of the cleansweep, then coding my CIC to hk so it can output audio through most, then jehnerts in the underseats but i'm not sure what to do with the mids and tweets, I was thinking morel hybrid ovations but I'm not sure I want to drop $700 on mids and tweets like that..

I have to consider because It's an E92 I can't shove in a big one like a E90 can, I also saw the JL C5-400cm but still don't have a clear answer as to how I'd mount it

Definitely want to retrofit NBT EVO ID6 into the E92 but that's a discussion for another day, still don't know where to even start for that
I have one but have yet to install it
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 11:46 AM   #3
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

There is nothing wrong with an analog system if you do it right however
this looks like an intriguing easy solution for those that already have the L7
amp. If you are running off the stock L7 amp the power chips are at 10 precent
distortion for the rated power output which is probably the biggest deficiency but
when I put power to the stock speakers in my Hi Fi with a Jl 600 they where much
better but no where near as good as aftermarket speakers.

Best to work on getting the sound system right before adding the subwoofer
because if you don't you get crappy sound system plus a subwoofer.

The sound system is only as good as it's weakest component.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 05:30 PM   #4
starfox5194
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

I wrote a review of it on DIYMA forums for my e90. If you have other questions I am happy to answer. I am still really happy with the performance.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 08:54 PM   #5
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Do you mean on the DIY subforum here(e90 post ) or some where else.
If it's somewhere else can you provide the link?

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa...review.432510/ this?

Last edited by ctuna; 06-29-2021 at 09:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 07:09 PM   #6
starfox5194
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

yup that was me. I'm not affiliated with mobridge in case you were wondering. I was just the first guinea pig they sent the amp/dsp to, and they gave me a little bit of a discount for being customer #1.
Appreciate 0