E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335i vrsf exhaust cutout

06-20-2021, 02:03 AM   #1
adrian_j
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Garage List
2008 bmw 335i  [0.00]
335i vrsf exhaust cutout

i have the VRSF street and race exhaust, i switch them out occasionally but its a pain to do. has any one attempted to install an exhaust valve using the existing vacuum line back there? so i could just keep the street exhaust on and open it when i want it loud.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 09:53 AM   #2
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_j View Post
i have the VRSF street and race exhaust, i switch them out occasionally but its a pain to do. has any one attempted to install an exhaust valve using the existing vacuum line back there? so i could just keep the street exhaust on and open it when i want it loud.
There is lots of cut out valves out there you could use. I could be wrong but Most of them require you to wire it to a power source. (vacuum is not needed). . Comes with a little remote for you to operate the valve (s).
      09-26-2021, 12:39 AM   #3
CrimsonN54_6MT
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i N54

I'm in a similar situation: I have the VRSF street on my 6MT N54 and want straight pipe flow/sound only when I need/want it.

If I install dual cutouts somewhere between downpipes and rear muffler, would that be a problem for tuning /DME /adaptation? E.g. If I DD with cutouts closed then occasionally open them for WOT pulls, would adaptations impact up my tune/performance?

Would I need a dedicated open and closed tune to toggle along with cutout setting?

Would adaptations need to be reset and driven a while before WOT each time I togggled tunes/cutout setting? I use MHD.

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 02:02 AM   #4
Luis561
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonN54_6MT View Post
I'm in a similar situation: I have the VRSF street on my 6MT N54 and want straight pipe flow/sound only when I need/want it.

If I install dual cutouts somewhere between downpipes and rear muffler, would that be a problem for tuning /DME /adaptation? E.g. If I DD with cutouts closed then occasionally open them for WOT pulls, would adaptations impact up my tune/performance?

Would I need a dedicated open and closed tune to toggle along with cutout setting?

Would adaptations need to be reset and driven a while before WOT each time I togggled tunes/cutout setting? I use MHD.

Thank you in advance!
No tune needed at all when switching
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 02:18 AM   #5
CrimsonN54_6MT
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis561 View Post
No tune needed at all when switching
If this is true, I'm getting cutouts this week.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 10:30 AM   #6
Dave92N54
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Bro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_j View Post
There is lots of cut out valves out there you could use. I could be wrong but Most of them require you to wire it to a power source. (vacuum is not needed). . Comes with a little remote for you to operate the valve (s).
I actually believe the valvetronic/bomiz cutout for our cars plugs into the connector for the OE valve and just works. Been awhile since I checked it out though. Definitely considered it just for when I wanna be loud
      12-27-2022, 02:36 PM   #7
baikens
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i MT

Garage List
I’m in a similar boat could you keep us posted if this works?
Appreciate 0