E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help Needed

03-28-2015, 05:33 PM   #1
E90Metalic
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Help Needed

im in need of help, this hose in my car has a hole in it and its leaking, idk what is it called or the part number for it or where it goes too, please if anyone know the part number or where it goes to let me know, i need asap and i cant figure it out i would really appreciate the information.
heres a picture, it connects to the upper radiator hose that goes from the engine to the radiator
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 06:20 PM   #2
DJtoad
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i M Sport

I believe it goes to the heater. The P/N is 64216983858 and it costs around $35 from many sources (Google the P/N). See http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...97&hg=64&fg=18
      03-29-2015, 05:25 AM   #3
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

DJtoad is correct. See pic below. I've removed this hose. It's not easy. I have a lift and came at it from underneath. The hose has one of those stupid f'ing BMW, over-engineered hose connections too, so you can't twist it lose. Going in from the top is difficult because it is the lower heater core outlet and there is not a lot of room to get to it. You'll have to pull the air box and move the PS reservoir out of the way.
Attached Images

A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #4
E90Metalic
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJtoad View Post
I believe it goes to the heater. The P/N is 64216983858 and it costs around $35 from many sources (Google the P/N). See http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...97&hg=64&fg=18
thank you so much mate
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 10:39 AM   #5
E90Metalic
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
DJtoad is correct. See pic below. I've removed this hose. It's not easy. I have a lift and came at it from underneath. The hose has one of those stupid f'ing BMW, over-engineered hose connections too, so you can't twist it lose. Going in from the top is difficult because it is the lower heater core outlet and there is not a lot of room to get to it. You'll have to pull the air box and move the PS reservoir out of the way.
so do you suggest that go at it from the bottom or the top? im new to this
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #6
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaboodi22 View Post
so do you suggest that go at it from the bottom or the top? im new to this
Bottom. But laying on your back, if that's your only position you can use, you'll probably not be able to do it; it is pretty far up the firewall. My real point is it's not any easy hose connection to get to. Maybe cutting it off about 3 to 4 inches from the connector my help if you go from the top, but you have to remove the top heater hose to access the bottom one. The top heater hose uses a spring-band clamp.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 03-29-2015 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 0