E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 2010 328i E90/E92 A/C Stopped working suddenly

08-25-2023, 09:29 AM   #1
328ival
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 BMW 328I

Exclamation 2010 328i E90/E92 A/C Stopped working suddenly

I've been looking around the forums trying to find what may be wrong with my A/C but I am still not sure what exactly the problem is. My car is a 2010 3.0 328i with a 109,000 miles. The car as has been working just fine for around 3 months but suddenly the other day when I turned on my car and turned the A/C on nothing would come out. I turned the car off and on a couple times and it worked without problems for around 2 days. Today when I turned on my car the A/C wasn't working again but this time no matter how much I turned it on and off it wasn't working. On the highway if the A/C button is flipped off and the fan is on I can feel a slight breeze from the vents but that's about it. Anyone have any thoughts with what could be wrong? Whenever I turn on the A/C I hear the car make a small noise coming from the right side of the hood as it would when it turns on, however the A/C doesn't work anymore.

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP I RECEIVE
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 10:54 PM   #2
drawz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi 6MT, 08 535xiT 6MT

Are you saying there's no air blowing or that the air isn't cold? If there's no air movement, it's either a bad blower motor or blower motor regulator. I suppose it could be a problem with the control panel or blend door actuator problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 11:37 AM   #3
repete
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i E90

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
BMW 330i  [0.00]
Like drawz mentioned, if you mean there’s no air coming from the vents it’s most likely your blower motor or the blower motor resistor.

Have you had the blower motor wiring recall done yet? These cars had faulty wiring to the blower motor that can possibly overheat and cause major problems.

I’d recommend you check if the recall has been completed, you can put your VIN into the NHTSA website and it should be able to tell you.

Here is the tutorial for replacing the blower motor resistor. Same process for the blower motor itself, I ended up just replacing both a while back. Pretty simple DIY, just a bunch of torx screws. I’d also visually inspect your blower motor wires to make sure they’re not corroded or damaged at all.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tec..._Replacing.htm

Hope this helps, let me know if I need to clear anything up. Good luck!
Appreciate 0